• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lots of Ladder Matches- any critique welcome

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Hey, good stuff. How do you cancel the Giant Punch charge in midair though?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nice matches ^^

Not sure if you know it, but if you're in the water (especially on Japes) you can use upB immediately when DK is in his jump animation.

DK could move easily from the left side to the right side without using the second jump and immediately always using upB.

Just jump and hold up and mash B. Try it out, you could've avoided your first death in the match vs Praxis easily. And the second death too I think.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
very nice stuff, as expected.
i think u outskilled the wolf and lucario. I'd copy your Japes UpB antics, but i think that level should be banned hehhe (someoene died from fish/water every match) so dumb. :(
Enjoyed the brinstar matchups, but they didn't seem to treat you any better then the neutrals. Is your opinion the same as before on them?

I saw at least 12 Headbutt attemps, but i think 2 or 3 connected. i think we'll all have to admit its not as great as people make it out. its just too advertised and punishable-although i like how u went for it, with your back turned from a quick turn-dash-SH-headbutt.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
I'd copy your Japes UpB antics, but i think that level should be banned hehhe (someoene died from fish/water every match) so dumb. :(.
If you just keep an eye on the fish, you should always know when it's coming. I'm not going to argue whether or not it's overpowered, but a lot of people argue that it is random or something.

Haven't gotten through all the videos yet but I will watch them all. Good stuff. You throw out the forward+b a little bit more than I would like, but besides that it's excellent play.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
...i never said it was random, guys. :p i know its set invervals..but i just think its overpowered nonetheless. i've seen so many great matches ruined by the fish.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
...i never said it was random, guys. :p i know its set invervals..but i just think its overpowered nonetheless. i've seen so many great matches ruined by the fish.
I knew what you meant, I just mean that you should usually be able to avoid the fish (or intentionally get people into it) if you know when it's coming.

But you are right, it doesn't always work out like that. I've been killed by the fish more times than I can count.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Great matches, but that F-Air Spike to Klap Trap Kill to Down Taunt against Praxis was a sick combo

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I liked the punch cancel to bair against lucario, very nice. Your DI was also very good, DK never dies.

In terms of the stages I have started liking Brinstar less and less as I use it. I really like Japes a lot now, and use it against most characters.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
2nd match against praxis overall it was good except for the random up b you did from the right side to the left, it happend twice and i didnt see a motive for doing it and it costed you. that peach sure knows how to use her dair into combo's. pretty mobile DK and you seem to move him a lot more easier now than in your previous videos.

on the 2nd match against cutestlucario at :14 missed a chance for dair spike which would have cost a stock for him. your DI is amazing man and love that last dk paunch kill to taunt.

3rd match against CLL at 2:08 the reflect aura sphere made me lol.

1st match against pikachu real nice match. i dont play many pikachus but i learned from your video bair cancels out the tjolt which i didnt know. all good matches.

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's just Wifi, but I found it odd that everyone ate so many Up-Bs from you. It was getting a bit predictable from all the spamming. (not with the Japes match though, Up-B is pretty nonpunishable there, that and you made me realize how **** it can be). That was the only major thing I noticed though.

Hell, take that with a grain of salt. I'm just trying to pick up the Kongs. XD

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, DI-licious. Epic finish to the first Wolf match.

Awesome taunt quips too. ;D

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
So, Master DIer, if you get knocked sideways it's better to SDI up or down (most likely up I guess) than the opposite direction you're flying, right? And is SDI'ing downwards when knocked up the best choice? I want to live as long as you do. :(

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
“Knocked up”, huh. Not even Ripple can help you with that. <.<

You should DI perpendicular to your trajectory and up, it’s generally said. If you execute a bair, it gives you control back sooner and lets you double jump (sent sideways) or fastfall ASAP (sent up). SDI can’t help unless it’s an attack with multiple hits.

Check out this thread for an extended discussion on this. Also: upB braking.

So Ripple, did you ever do special DI practice (as you would the GFSC entry), or just work on it as you played matches normally?

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
“Knocked up”, huh. Not even Ripple can help you with that. <.<

You should DI perpendicular to your trajectory and up, it’s generally said. If you execute a bair, it gives you control back sooner and lets you double jump (sent sideways) or fastfall ASAP (sent up). SDI can’t help unless it’s an attack with multiple hits.

Check out this thread for an extended discussion on this. Also: upB braking.

So Ripple, did you ever do special DI practice (as you would the GFSC entry), or just work on it as you played matches normally?
Yeah, I need to start implementing some Up-B=Braking. And I'll start DI'ing up when knocked sideways. I won't try getting knocked up either. ;O

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
its a good idea to get down the timing for SDI on everyones kill moves but you just have to know when to apply SDI.

I actually don't practice whatsoever anymore with swimming, tennis, musical, piano, and guy poms now. I ususally play for an hour before a tourney and it all comes back to me

Top Bottom