• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

wangston

Smash Lord
Rowan was there and he didn't get first even though Jiano wasn't there? He didn't even get second? Did he not go peach for his first character?

http://www.zshare.net/video/504559484e20b110/

This is the most current tournament video of my falco. I didn't have time to edit the video so skip to the matches.

0:50 vs Pit (corruptfate)
4:30 vs ROB (" ")

Don't worry about the first stock of the Pit fight my fingers slipped and I died at 4%.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
not bad! i really looking foward to play you Taylor. about the tourney on the 25th i ran into Rowan at s2d , man, could he ever come at the worst time. they had a WOW tcg pre realese tourney there and we couldnt reall enjoyed the tourney since Josh wouldn't let us turn up the volume. plus, we only had 14 people!! usually have at leats 20 people come to when Rowan shows up. Oh well, but it wasn't too bad at least, i had to fight him in the tounrey. Me and him put up a real intense fight! but he beat me in the winners but in the losers i came back and beat finally. You REALLY need to break you balls to beat that guy!!! im looking foward in meeting him again, he's one heck of a fighter.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
can't download anything until next week…i'm stuck with nothing but a phone to get online with. but if you could put it on youtube I'd watch it

@ paladin: ……?break your balls??
lmao

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
HeY i also talked to Rowan about the trip to Cinci, he said he might come but he not quite sure yet, he also has to consider school. the reason why he's been absent from S2D is cause of school, witch theres nothing wrong with that, but we really need the need him to come to S2D and play with us, recording our fights and getting some practice in . plus we need him to come to this trip! the elite 4 at least such as me(not trying to brag here, just the people who only won the S2D tourney people.), Tatical, Rowan, and Jiano to come.

oh hilt, yeah i broke my balls fighting rowan....i cryed.

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
I'm in Kentucky, Louisville is a little bit of a drive away though. I'll see if I can attend sometime though. Any of you guys go to lanwar (www.lanwar.com , a Quarterly lan in Louisville)? Me and my brother hosted a brawl tournament there last time, and I'm hosting one every time I go (I'll start advertising on smashboards when I do go)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
awesome! that's exactly what we need, new people. it just got repetitive with the same people getting too four each week… that's probably why some probably aren't coming anymore

and do we know when we would want to take the trip to cincy? also, would it be a friday and saturday, or saturday and sunday?

wangston

Smash Lord
Right now I'm just looking at Saturday the 20th. We should leave hear around 10:45 or so and get there by 12:00. Spend most of the day there and leave around 10 or 11 that night. This isn't regional tournament or anything like that. It's us just going up there to play with the 20+ smasher in Cincinnati, but I imagine we will play a singles and doubles tournament and have a crew battles, and then do friendlies and money matches the rest of the day. I think it's well worth the drive that is a little over an hour to play with new smashers and to play with some really good ones.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
is it really only an hour to get there…? I could have sworn it would take longer… well that works. I was just hoping it wouldn't take up a sunday too

wangston

Smash Lord
is it really only an hour to get there…? I could have sworn it would take longer… well that works. I was just hoping it wouldn't take up a sunday too
Well it depends on were you leave from. From my house it's an hour. From s2d it's about an hour and 20 minutes. And seeing how when probably aren't go to be on the edge of Cincinnati will have to drive into cincy that will be another 30mins or so. I was thinking everyone meet at my place in the morning because I'm on the way to cincy or we can meet up in Lagrange and go from there. All together it might be close to a 2 hour drive it just depends on where we start from. Because I kinda don't want to drive all over the place to pick everyone up so it would be easiest if we all meet at one spot. Also if my house or La Grange isn't the most convenient place we could meet somewhere else.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I say we just meet at S2D at Oxmoor. All you need to do is take 264-E from Shelbyville RD., and hit North into I-71.

P.S: My birthday is 11/21

wangston

Smash Lord
I say we just meet at S2D at Oxmoor. All you need to do is take 264-E from Shelbyville RD., and hit North into I-71.

P.S: My birthday is 11/21
Now I have to drive 20 minutes down 71 to get to sd2 *cries* Ohhh well no biggy as long as everyone shows up on time. Also when I say the 20th I mean December 20th just to clear that up. If we are meeting at the mall then I say we all get there at 10:00.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Now I have to drive 20 minutes down 71 to get to sd2 *cries* Ohhh well no biggy as long as everyone shows up on time. Also when I say the 20th I mean December 20th just to clear that up. If we are meeting at the mall then I say we all get there at 10:00.
...oh! december! i guess that works out then. and that gives us time to plan it out and figure out exactly who's going.

so you're up for it rowan? awesome, we all weren't really sure if you wanted to go or not

and meeting at oxmore would probably be better since everyone knows where it is. but we should hey there extra early… like plan to leave from there at 10:00. wait… are they in another time zone?

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
no we're in the same time zone, im up for it, lets make it there at oxmore around 10 am. but twhat date are we leaving agian? are we for sure we leaving on the 20th of December?

wangston

Smash Lord
Everyone pitch in for gas plz.
Yeah I can drive and Crash can drive. We both have vans. I'm not sure if crash is going or not and but he did say he would be willing to drive. If he is we can invite some more people and then we can spilt the people in the vans so we aren't all crammed in one van. My Van fits 8 and I would assume crashes mini van seats 7. Yeah it would really be a big help if everyone could pitch in with gas maybe 5$ or something, I'm not trying to make money I just want to break even.

As of right now it's set to be December 20th. Yeah I say we all get there before 10:00 so that we can head out by then. I'm thinking we will head back home around 10:00 pm so I can get everyone back to the mall by 12:00.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well if we're going all the way to cincy, of course there'd need to be some kind of contribution for gas. hopefully crash will drive, because we could use the room. that way we'd be able to bring a nice size crew with us. also, is it a tournament we're going to? or a smash fest?

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm trying to get Dec 20th as the confirmed date for us to go up there. I'm trying to see if we can do singles, doubles, crew battles and then friendlies and money matches after all that is out of the way.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm trying to get Dec 20th as the confirmed date for us to go up there. I'm trying to see if we can do singles, doubles, crew battles and then friendlies and money matches after all that is out of the way.
umm money matches? define that please. never heard that term in smash. also, I'm all for the 20th. that's plenty of time for people to make sure they can go. and for those of us like me that's gone two weeks without even touching a controller… plenty of time to practice

wangston

Smash Lord
umm money matches? define that please. never heard that term in smash. also, I'm all for the 20th. that's plenty of time for people to make sure they can go. and for those of us like me that's gone two weeks without even touching a controller… plenty of time to practice
A money match is when you challenge some one to a match and place money on it. A money match can be any amount of money it's usually 2 out 3 or 3 out 5. It like a tournament match but with out the tournament it's just you and them. So say I would money match you for $1 we would play our 3 of 5 set and then winner gets $1 from the other guy. This is how you get some one to give it their all and play their best instead of in a friendly were nothing is on the line so you really don't have a reason to try.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I'd definately be up for going, and if we don't need the extra passenger room, my Echo gets 40 mpg.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, tell me if I miss anyone… most of the people haven't officially confirmed if they're for sure going or not, but here's everyone we have in mind. definitely taylor, you rowan, paladin, tactical, and me. taylor mentioned chris, mach5 and lv_0. it'd be awesome if jiano would join us, but that's unlikely. crash and harbinger mentioned they're up for it, both of which could drive. jkip, and anderson. calic, which some of you may not know. he's the pikachu that goes. (plus he's my partner in teams, so I kinda need him to go…). that's eleven if everyone I mentioned ends up going. I can't really think of anyone else off the top of my head, unless light wants to go

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Hey guys, how would u like if if some1 from NY decided to enter one of ur tourneys cuz i was thinking about heading to challenge some ppl in KY soon.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hey guys, how would u like if if some1 from NY decided to enter one of ur tourneys cuz i was thinking about heading to challenge some ppl in KY soon.
all the way from new york?! if you dont mind taking the trip, yeah that'd be awesome

would you be bringing a group or just commin by yourself? also taylor, when are you gonna be back in kentucky? my olimar isn't as crappy as the last time we played so I wanna see how I do against your falco. and if noting else I'll just use lucario >_> fighting light taught me he works better.

wangston

Smash Lord
I may or may not be back for thanks giving it just depends if Luke's mom can get me a seat on a plane home. She works at an airport and he is trying to get me a huge discount so it will cost like $100 to fly there and back instead of $400. I will be flying stand bye so I might not be able to make it it just depends on how booked up flights get. But if I do manage to go home we can have a smash fest at my place on Saturday if there is no tournament.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
so…how'd it go? were there not many there? who won? hopefully somebody will post something, because I dont really have a way of contacting paladin right now. I mainly just wanna know who won though.

also! everyone in here go into the tactical discussion of smashboards. tomorrow, sunday, four members of the SBR are having a podcast debate on whether or not metanight should be banned. this debate could have a pretty large influence on whether he does get banned or not. so for those of you that would be interested in it (like me), check it out.

'SPECIALLY YOU PALLY

I think you can still download the podcast days after the debate too, if you find out about this too late.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I live over in the Murray, KY area and I have a few friends who attend UoL. I'd love to come down and compete in some of the weekly tourneys. How many people do you guys usually draw out?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I live over in the Murray, KY area and I have a few friends who attend UoL. I'd love to come down and compete in some of the weekly tourneys. How many people do you guys usually draw out?
well…the amount of people we usually get can be pretty random at times. a few weeks ago we had about 24 I think, but last two weeks it was around 15. but all the more reason you should come lol.

guys, we need to keep the attendance count up! I dont really think josh would cancel the tournaments YET, but the fewer people that come, more people won't really have much reason to come. like how rowan just kinda... stopped comming for awhile. and it would suck if the S2D tournaments stopped, since the next closest place for brawl is cincinnati iirc.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
sorry guys, i let ya'll down again. i was surpose to get tatical and win the tourney but i guess i just lost it. i played game and watch that tourney so....i got 2nd.....again, its a start for me and game + watch but im sure i can get out of meta knight. i just hate the fact he's going to be banned soon ya know. hes not all broken, i mean...meta has a weakness to strong projectiles and fatal smash moves since hes light weight. anyway... i hope i we another person to win the tournament besides tatical.

Yeah, sorry got off topic there but yeah we really need to get more people in this place man i hate to see it fall. i guess i'll have to start up some fliers or somthing so we can get people to come. also the last tourney....only 9 SHOWED UP!!! 9! thats terrible! seriously, we gotta pitch in and help this place out! this is getting pathetic!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
sorry guys, i let ya'll down again. i was surpose to get tatical and win the tourney but i guess i just lost it. i played game and watch that tourney so....i got 2nd.....again, its a start for me and game + watch but im sure i can get out of meta knight. i just hate the fact he's going to be banned soon ya know. hes not all broken, i mean...meta has a weakness to strong projectiles and fatal smash moves since hes light weight. anyway... i hope i we another person to win the tournament besides tatical.

Yeah, sorry got off topic there but yeah we really need to get more people in this place man i hate to see it fall. i guess i'll have to start up some fliers or somthing so we can get people to come. also the last tourney....only 9 SHOWED UP!!! 9! thats terrible! seriously, we gotta pitch in and help this place out! this is getting pathetic!
...nine?!?! wow... didnt know it would get that low. yeah, we need the old regulars to start comming back. like hoboz. i havent been there in awhile but i'll be back before saturday. but....nine?! yeah we're gonna have to do something about that.

wangston

Smash Lord
If I do come home over thanks giving break and there isn't a tournament do you think Josh would let us have a smashfest there and play few hours anyways. I would be willing to host a smash fest at my place but it's 20mins on 71 N and that doesn't seem like it would be a central location for everyone. So if you could ask Josh if he will let us come and play on 29th and I'll bring Mushpie, Lvl 0, I'mthinkingarbys, and I'll bring Joe. I think a smashfest would be better than a tournament because you don't always get to play everyone in a tournament and this way I can see how much better i've gotten and how much better everyone else is. Also smashfest means more playing time for everyone.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay...bad news. or good news i guess for some of you. calic just informed me that the next two tournaments at S2D are going to be... random tournaments. The rules seem to be the same, however each player's main and counterpick characters are both random...yeah.... so there's not going to be a standard brawl tournament. Josh thinks that this will cause people to start comming again. True, a lot of CASUAL players will start comming back. But alot of the competitive people...wont. >.>and we'll probably end up losing a few in the process.

it's possible that if enough people rebel we can get him to change his mind... but i'm sure it'll mix it up i guess. it's pretty much gonna be a smashfest though. some people are just not gonna enter... people like paladin and tactical wont do nearly as well. it's just...gonna suck.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Hey Hilt; I should still be ok for the randoms, long as I don't get stacked up against someone's main by chance. I think it'll just be the next tourney that's random though, not the next two.

Oh, also, hi :bee:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
good to see you on here tactical. okay, so only the next one is random... that's not too bad then I guess. at least I won't have to wait two MORE weeks before a real tournament then.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I'd be really happy if some of you guys came over to Lexington four our tournament this Friday. We have a great local scene, but I want to turn this into a regional event.

It's only like an hour drive away, right?

Please help a KYian out... we might get over 50 people!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'd be really happy if some of you guys came over to Lexington four our tournament this Friday. We have a great local scene, but I want to turn this into a regional event.

It's only like an hour drive away, right?

Please help a KYian out... we might get over 50 people!
you have no idea how tempting that sounds... expect me and two of my friends to be there. I can try to talk to the louisville players about going, and I'm sure some of them would be up for it. is there a thread you could link me to? if not, rules would be helpful...and a location lol

Top Bottom