• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Low Tier Heroes" ~ A community complied List of Low Tiers at EVO 2015

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Yea he's known for being the first Kirby to take down a respectable Marth (Crimson Blur). In that set he played really well even though it was obvious he was goofing around. He's just out of practice.

The Marth - Kirby MU is one of the most fascinating in the game IMO. At a glance it seems so easy for Marth, but there is so much weird stuff Kirby has on Marth that completely throws off his game and usual playstyle.

EDIT!

Upke is now on!
Also I left for like a hour, did I miss any low tier heroes?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Yea like I mentioned there was Upke.

I feel bad for him since he seemed super confident about making it out of pools winners. But he lost, and it wasn't too close. He did play very well (great movement and spacing) but he dropped a ton of edge guards and set ups on that Falco. Looked really sad when he was walking away, could tell he wanted it.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Yea like I mentioned there was Upke.

I feel bad for him since he seemed super confident about making it out of pools winners. But he lost, and it wasn't too close. He did play very well (great movement and spacing) but he dropped a ton of edge guards and set ups on that Falco. Looked really sad when he was walking away, could tell he wanted it.
That's unfortunate, he still has losers though, right?

Last edited:

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Wave D coming in, this is going to include the following low tiers:

Maxy B (Zelda, MN, forced beat Westballz' Falco at TBH2 or TBH3)
Triple R (Kirby, MN, Kirby)
Saus (Link, Ottawa)
AGC Mano (Probably an AZ Ness)
Jim Jam Flim Flam (AZ Ness)

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Wave D coming in, this is going to include the following low tiers:

Maxy B (Zelda, MN, forced beat Westballz' Falco at TBH2 or TBH3)
Triple R (Kirby, MN, Kirby)
Saus (Link, Ottawa)
AGC Mano (Probably an AZ Ness)
Jim Jam Flim Flam (AZ Ness)
2 AZ Nesses?
Edit: Mano is a puff main

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I think SAUS will place the highest out of all the low tiers this EVO.

*I consider Yoshi high tier, AmSa will obviously place higher*

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I think SAUS will place the highest out of all the low tiers this EVO.

*I consider Yoshi high tier, AmSa will obviously place higher*
I completely agree. As much as I'm rooting for my fellow young Link main..Saus is Baus. Maybe V3ctorman could keep up with him and I'd like to think triple R might but Saus is ahead of the rest. Also does anyone else want a germ vs Saus salty suite?

Last edited:

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
From the MN Smash facebook group:

"Chat said Triple R took a game off KirbyKaze. Can someone verify?"
"Yeah he did. Last game was close too"

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Nice and KirbyKaze actually knows a lot about melee Kirby, not sure how much he knows about the specific MU though.

Damn I really wanted to see that Match too, C'mon Evo!

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Nice and KirbyKaze actually knows a lot about melee Kirby, not sure how much he knows about the specific MU though.

Damn I really wanted to see that Match too, C'mon Evo!
I'm hoping someone recorded it and will upload it to YouTube

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
GEERRRRRMMMMM
UPPPP BBBB
....well at least there's still SAUS XD

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Not enough Uptilt, was missing too many Up-Airs, no fall off nair edge guards, too many dash attacks on shield, no tech chases with grab :(

#BackSeatLink

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Not enough Uptilt, was missing too many Up-Airs, no fall of nair edge guards, too many dash attacks on shield, no tech chases with grab :(

#BackSeatLink
Ya...no offense to GERM(I mean the guy is my hero) he hasn't really evolved his link. Like don't get me wrong a lot of link mains are a lot less technical then they should be and he has started to throw in some Bomb drops, but he simply hasn't pushed himself and as you said he missed a lot of stuff. I hope he does better in losers.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
AmSa AND KoopaTroopa!

IS it Christmas?

OMG KoopA IS ON FIRREEEEE!

Amazing set so far, favorite of the day.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
J666 is going in right now

AWWWW man he had that! He was playing so well but Tai's Marth won *barely*

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
J666 HYPE
also random little thing I noticed
Ken(Red) Germ(Black)
Tai(Black) J666(Red)

J666...you'll get him next time...

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
So according to the chat aMSa got sent to losers by light

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Ok did some YT research, apparently he plays Peach.

That's crazy if he actually beat AmSa, I can only find some random locals of him and then some ancient videos. Maybe he just knows the Yoshi MU well.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Was there ever any doubt? :)

oh man let the praying began....winner's bracket is stacked, if he makes it out that would be an amazing feat.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Was there ever any doubt? :)

oh man let the praying began....winner's bracket is stacked, if he makes it out that would be an amazing feat.
There is no doubt for the Saus. But after watching Germ and J666...I was a bit concerned. XD I know this a stretch but SAUS is gonna get top 8 I guarantee it

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I know this a stretch but SAUS is gonna get top 8 I guarantee it
No. SAUS really isn't much better than J666 and GERM, he's just overrated because he beat The Moon. I don't mean to bash him at all, he's SUCH a smart player. I just don't think this is realistic.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
No. SAUS really isn't much better than J666 and GERM, he's just overrated because he beat The Moon. I don't mean to bash him at all, he's SUCH a smart player. I just don't think this is realistic.
IMO he's at least above GERM and J666 by a margin. His victory over the moon was eh. He's top in Ottawa for a reason. He is able to clutch when necessary. Yes I know he'll probably drop in quarters but I have faith in him to possibly pull through. The only thing I'd say he can improve on is his Link specific tech.

Edit: by ehh I mean the moon clearly was off and it was apparent. Most my oppinons and respect for him comes from him consistently doing well. Hes easily the best non aMSa low tier main there.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Apparently GERM is having a good losers run. Heard he knocked a high player out.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Day 02:
Alright so thanks to EVO's lazy bracket updates i sadly can't tell you how most of our heroes are doing. All i know is SAUS is in winners Quarters and aMSa should still be alive in losers. Also the Ken vs Germ match was Winners final and i think they played again in GF of their pool. GERM most likely made it through.

Edit: after using the team Liquid Brackets I found Corona was drowned in pools. ;__; I'll looks for more.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I think it's a little iffy to assume that Germ beat Ken (THE KING OF SMASH may I remind you) with a character like Link.
Not to say it couldn't happen, but with a MU like that, it's very likely that Ken came out on top.

I feel like I'm kinda being the Negative Nancy of this thread, so let me just say that I do want our low tiers to win, because who doesn't like to root for the underdog? I'm just trying to keep the discussion realistic.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I think it's a little iffy to assume that Germ beat Ken (THE KING OF SMASH may I remind you) with a character like Link.
Not to say it couldn't happen, but with a MU like that, it's very likely that Ken came out on top.

I feel like I'm kinda being the Negative Nancy of this thread, so let me just say that I do want our low tiers to win, because who doesn't like to root for the underdog? I'm just trying to keep the discussion realistic.
Ya I completely agree. I meant that germ made it through pools as #2 and ken #1 in their pool, since the match that was streamed was only winners finals of their pool. Apparently Ken beat westballz 2-0 so im not doubting him.

Edit: I'm only being more optimistic then normal because at least 3/4 of our low tiers drowned, so losing one of our bigger plays like GERM would be sad. Plus in the Germ vs Ken match it seemed like Germ could of played a bit better and won IMO(of course I'm a bit Bias)

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I was actually surprised Ken won against Germ, Link being a rare MU to know and it's considered pretty even overall. Thought Germ would have the upper hand, but it seems Ken has been leveling up.

I think Germ is one of those players that is great in friendlies and at chill tourneys like GSATF but in large serious tourney's he's only ever at 60-70% and he gets nerves. In that match he was messing up a ton, Link (and YL) have so many options it's tough to choose the best path on the fly in a pressure cooker like EVO.

However I would bet $100 on SAUS being able to beat Ken and maybe even Moon and PPU (I know how amazing PPU is). He's very good at the Marth MU, in fact I think he actually prefers it.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
However I would bet $100 on SAUS being able to beat Ken and maybe even Moon and PPU (I know how amazing PPU is). He's very good at the Marth MU, in fact I think he actually prefers it.
I think you're giving him a little too much credit. SAUS may be the #1 player in Ottawa, but PPU is #1 in NorCal, a MUCH stronger region. Being the best in one area could mean just being good in another.

Top Bottom