• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Low Tiers at Apex 2014

Corona

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't look like J666 will be joining the Links this year even if he does go. I think I'll be there, but trust me, you don't want me on the team haha.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
the tier list says otherwise
Tier Name Translations
S- Top Tier, Viable. All characters in this range are viable for competing. :foxmelee:
A- Mid Tier, Semi-Viable. These characters have been shown by their dedicated players to have the tools to compete, though it is apparent that they are slightly disadvantaged. :luigimelee: :bowsermelee: :dkmelee: :pichumelee: :nessmelee: :gawmelee: :mewtwomelee: :mariomelee: :linkmelee: :kirbymelee: :zeldamelee: :younglinkmelee: :yoshimelee: :samusmelee: :roymelee:
[/collapse]

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
I think sheik should be allowed since she's also zelda:troll:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think sheik should be allowed since she's also zelda:troll:

Some people argue that Sheik/Zelda should be treated as one character, since switching between the two is a normal input. But that character is still considered top tier (because switching is optional).

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Some people argue that Sheik/Zelda should be treated as one character, since switching between the two is a normal input. But that character is still considered top tier (because switching is optional).
First, oh my god sveet replied to my comment.

Second, Zelda did win a pretty recent tournament, not as in switching between sheik and Zelda, but an actual Zelda main. She's got potential, but she's one of the least used characters, even for low tiers

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Who won a tourney with Zelda?

Not to be rude but to speak my mind, I doubt anyone will play Zelda as well as Cosmo did. The main weakness of Zelda is her movement speed. But also her specials are practically awful and her normals are blunt and linear. On the other hand, she has a slender body and one of the best shields in the game, not to mention good out of shield options (relative to her rank) and an excellent back roll. It takes an exceptionally skilled player to beat high level players using fundamentals alone, but Cosmo was a breed above most.

Zelda has bad anti-airs and low priority, so she is weak to approaches on her head. Cosmo went to great lengths to prevent that scenario from happening at all. He mostly spent his time doing nothing in particular. His character allowed him very little control over the pace of the match and he didn't resist that inevitability. But neither was he lax in his spacing, he always seemed eager to move forward -- millimeter by millimeter if he had to. He is the only top level player that I've seen who could play to the clock from the GO!

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Yes it was Cosmo. I dont remember what the tounament was called, but he was there to speed run Ocarina of Time and they also happened to be hosting a melee touney at the same time. He beat Mundungu in the finals (not sure how good he is but I regonized the name.) Here's the video.

Trami Nguyen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6947-5372-3303
Hey do you see Kirby vs. Sonic before, since when I was 17-years-old I was playing Kirby against Sonic!

Trami Nguyen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6947-5372-3303
Yes it was Cosmo. I dont remember what the tounament was called, but he was there to speed run Ocarina of Time and they also happened to be hosting a melee touney at the same time. He beat Mundungu in the finals (not sure how good he is but I regonized the name.) Here's the video.

Oh my god I can believe this happen Zelda defeat Fox!

TheLake

Smash Master
^ God what a beautiful set

probably the best play of zelda imo

besides cosmo vs kels where he wins

*chess*

Smash Rookie
Come on man did you see Hbox's ness? Then have you seen mofo's ness? Mofo's is like a bijillion times better.

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
I got a Falco. Oh, and I also play Doc, Luigi, and Pichu. Falco is low tier, just compare his recovery to Peach's. Anyone with worse recovery than Peach is low tier, because tiearlist placement is definitely dependent on that one factor alone.

Top Bottom