• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LTECe:BE 3/17/12

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
You’ve waited. You’ve waited one thousand, six hundred and eighty-four days.
We return once again. Astonishingly, for real,
EXARCH PRESENTS on his 7th year smashboards anniversary (and as his 3076 post):
LET THEM EAT CAKE e
Birthday Edition
March 17, 2012
Address:
395 E University Ave, Orange City FL 32763

This is Orange City United Methodist Church. The church has a main area, and a youth building across the street from the sanctuary/fellowshiphall/offices. We will be in the youth building, and you may park in the field outside the youth building. Try to park tightly; I’m slightly concerned about parking space.

It’s the Birthday Edition, so cake, as you expect, will be eaten.

Blurb:
Most importantly: I know this is a birthday party and I know it’s St. Patrick’s Day, but alcohol is strictly prohibited. It is the policy of the church venue. Again let me reiterate, do NOT bring alcohol to this event.
Also don’t make me think I need to mention pot/other drugs; this better go without saying. Cigarettes are allowed and the church has a couple specific areas for smoking, but they’re across the street. I won’t care if you smoke outside, but please be sure to dispose of the butts properly.

I want to elaborate on what this event is and what it is not: this is LTECe--not LTEC3. This is because I have no intention of making a standard double elimination singles tournament the focus of the event. (This is why this thread is not in tournament listings.) What this will be exactly, I am not entirely sure at this point. I will guarantee that this will be very enjoyable. This is firstly a celebration of Renth’s birthday and a celebration of our smash community. I’m thinking some kind of hybrid birthday-smashfest with slightly less lame events than we used to do when we were younger. Rather than pin-the-tail on the donkey, I’m thinking things more like an invisible doubles single-elim tournament, an ongoing nairs-per-minute event, stamina mode tourney, ProjectM stuff, etc. Maybe we’ll even have some jars full of Doctor Mario pills that you can guess at. It does not have to be smash related at all. Suggestions are welcome.

Food:
Well conveniently, this is the night of a church event where they will serve good food across the street. One option is to go over and take advantage of that from 5:30-6:30, we think it's $8/person.
You are welcome and encouraged to bring (NON-alcoholic) refreshments/munchies/cake.
Outside of that, there are the normal restaurants you can expect anyplace United States culture is near.

Entrance Fee and Payouts:
Fees and payouts will be minimal or nonexistent.
If it helps, consider some refreshments as the door fee, and any entry fee will be at most $1 per event.
Most events will be pride/pure silliness.

Schedule:
Doors open at 2pm.
Events end/doors close at 10pm.
One hour break down/clean up time after 10pm. Anyone who would like to stay and help would be greatly appreciated.

Rules:
BYOC

Everything else is at the discretion of the host.

I will update this section as I figure out what exactly we should do at this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TVs:
--As always, if you can bring a TV, you should.
  1. Exarch
  2. Exarch
  3. Church TV
  4. Church TV
  5. Church TV – One of these might have slight lag, I'm not 100% sure.
  6. Eikelmann
  7. Eikelmann
Cubes & Melee:--As always, EVERY smasher who attends this tourney should have his Cube AND copy of Smash with him. This is a universal tournament standard, and should be followed. Everyone should have their Cube+Smash with them. You included.
  1. Exarch
  2. Exarch
Power Strips:—I’m not sure how many of these we’ll need, but there are not many outlets in the venue, and power strips hardly take any space in your car.
  1. Exarch
  2. Exarch
  3. Eikelmann
  4. Eikelmann
  5. Eikelmann
  6. Eikelmann

Alternate Smash Games:
  1. Eikelmann – 64
  2. Exarch – Brawl/Project M

Housing: Will be filled on a first come-first serve basis.

Available to house:
  • Friday Night
    • Exarch’s House
      1. Renth
    • ____’s House
  • Saturday Night
    • Exarch’s House
      1. Renth
    • ____’s House

In need of housing:
  • Friday Night
    1. ____
  • Satuday Night
    1. ____

Attendance:
(Asterisk denotes maybe/unconfirmed)
NFL
  1. Pritch – *
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MWFL

2. Phanna – *
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MEFL

3. Apollo – mm chicken
  4. DarkFalchion – *
  5. Eikelmann – "Blawr is xopoшo"
  6. Exarch – Scrubby old player
  7. Hozart – 2 Icys 1 Controller
  8. Hungrybox – Hungrybox 360
    SWFL

9. Renth – Awesome

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Do you remember?

LTEC2 happened 7/7/7.

Renth moved to Florida for the first time 7/8/7.
----------------------
updated lists and food section.
Juan i don't know whether that means you're coming or not. xP
Mark, use this url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AkI0NgIjU#t=39s
I'm talking to many older smashers about coming to this; Dark Falchion may make an appearance.
----------------------
Any events suggestions? I'm amused by the invisible doubles idea (tags banned.)

Pritch

Smash Lord
This seems potentially fun as ****. I may have to come out of my cave up here in panama city for this. No promises since I'm poor as dirt atm, but I'm interested at least.

Bring back the oooooold school.:)

*edit* Holy **** DF may be at this?!?!?!? That would blow my mind, no joke. Does hozart still exist?

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
exarch we ran a special mode tourney 2 weeks ago and it was awesome. We had both camera modes banned and super sudden death was cp only. You struck from the other 7 modes for game 1, and the loser of a match picked the mode and stage for the next match. each player had 1 mode ban for the set

edit: invisible teams is good.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
As much as I'd love to... unfortunately, Rebecca and I have plans for the 17th, so I won't be able to come down for this.

Sounds awesome, though. What's the possibility of having an LTECe2 in the next few months?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Stuff got weird in my life as of last monday night, so I'm really not sure what my plans for this weekend are going to be. Thomas, could I get you to PM me your phone number (unless it just hasn't changed in the last few years or so, since I still have the number from when you crashed with me in new orleans). That way if I do end up deciding to wander down I can coordinate with you for housing and stuff.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Cool. Honestly, atm it's looking a little dicey as a random out-of-left field breakup with the gf may or may not be salvagable, but is probably contingent on hanging out this weekend if it is. I'd love to come chill, but I think we all know what the priority is here. I'll let you know though.

Top Bottom