• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario: emphasizes on strength, speed, or well balanced

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Lucario's attack focus on speed (as in pulling off your attacks quickly and racking damage quickly like Sonic) over power, power over speed (putting focus on inflicting strong knockback and damage in one attack like Bowser), or well balanced.

Personally, I believe Lucario is a well-balanced character. I mean, most of his smash/tilt attacks pulled off have little lag, his pummel is quite quick, and knockback and damage from his strongest attacks (Aura Sphere, down-smash, f-smash) is very decent. He also can wall-cling, have a good recovery move and many of his attacks have decent priority.

So, tell me what you think?

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
sonic is not good ar racking up damage lol

I guess lucario would be "speed" since he can combo so well.

Browny

Smash Hater
sonic is not good ar racking up damage lol

I guess lucario would be "speed" since he can combo so well.
Sonic can pull off 41% in 1 second against big characters with a perfect ASC combo, and upwards of 30% with one grab combo at low %, I think hes fine at racking up damage :) (/tangent, Sonic racks up damage consitently faster than MK, go watch + take note of the numbers in tourney vids if you dont believe me)

but this question is really too vague. theres a lot to consider. theres a lot more to balance that speed/power. since lucario isnt overly powerful or quick, but with crazy range, a projectile and with lingering hitboxes on almost eveyr attack he doesnt really classify under any normal type of characters.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
but this question is really too vague. theres a lot to consider. theres a lot more to balance that speed/power. since lucario isnt overly powerful or quick, but with crazy range, a projectile and with lingering hitboxes on almost eveyr attack he doesnt really classify under any normal type of characters.
This is an interesting question. I don't think it's too vague like djbrowny says, but there is definitely still a lot to consider.

I would have to say that Lucario is well-balanced. He does not have the strength of Bowser, nor the quickness of Sonic. But if you mash the two together, you still do not get Lucario. (What you get is a mutant Bowserchog from Hades). He is a unique fighter, not only because of his Aura ability, but his playstyle, which uses a mix of both; strength and speed.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
It depends on how much damage Lucario and his opponent have taken. That is if speed is roughly equal to the ability to combo and string attacks together, and power is the ability to knock opponents far away.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Lucario doesn't really excel at speed or power. His aura ability gives him some power, but it also makes him weaker than most characters at lower percents. He is a moderate faller, isn't super heavy, doesn't have the best vertical or horizontal KO resistance, doesn't have the fastest attacks, or have much that sticks out in the way of natural ability.

What he does have though, is lingering disjointed hitboxes and moves that combo into each other. I think it is these 2 traits that make Lucario good. It isn't that he's fast or powerful, but he can out prioritize most other characters. He doesn't have to be faster or more powerful than them, so long as he can hit them while they can't hit back.

Top Bottom