• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is top tier...

viparagon

Smash Ace
...at max damage and down 98 stocks. its rediculous. AS is twice his size, and does 35%. F smash fully charged does 37 damage, fair 9% etc.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
The cap is 2 lives and 170%...

And Fair doesn't get very much boost from aura...

And Lucario's God Tier anyway!

manhunter098

Smash Lord
The cap is 2 lives and 170%...

And Fair doesn't get very much boost from aura...

And Lucario's God Tier anyway!
Well it never really gets killing potential. But it does get some pretty WTF knockback on it at higher percents if your opponent has taken a bit of damage too. Only a tipped f-smash (or a 36% damage Aura Sphere) is more satisfying than continuously sending your opponent flying farther than half of FD with your f-air.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
i just flat out dont like b-air... it takes so much accuracy to land a hit for a char that im not used to timing arials because they hit anyway.... i would rather be patient and peak at the person trying to recover with time n-air to d-air.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
i just flat out dont like b-air... it takes so much accuracy to land a hit for a char that im not used to timing arials because they hit anyway.... i would rather be patient and peak at the person trying to recover with time n-air to d-air.
u do realize that bair has more knockback than nair, way less recovery lag, more range and is better sometimes cuz dair wont hit someone above or to the side of u (u have to be above them or practically touching them).

U should learn to use it since its pretty deceptive and ur prolly missing out on some easier/faster kills. It really isnt that hard to land or use. If u dont lke it u dont have to, but not using it might be drastically holding u back

viparagon

Smash Ace
Has it been tested that two stocks is the limit? I knd of doubt it. oh, and the jab combo does 18 damage... Two more than ike's. btw, when i said max damage i meant at 184 or so when it caps (more than 170). And 9 damage is alot, considering it does 3 damage at zero

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Has it been tested that two stocks is the limit? I knd of doubt it. oh, and the jab combo does 18 damage... Two more than ike's. btw, when i said max damage i meant at 184 or so when it caps (more than 170). And 9 damage is alot, considering it does 3 damage at zero
It has been tested thoroughly by multiple people. Different attacks have different caps. at 169-170 is when ALL attacks are capped. Stock will effect Lucario at 2 stocks, if lucario is losing, and 1 stock if he's winning.

Make sure you're taking attack sweetspots and decay into account when testing damages. Also 9 is a lot relative to that same attack at 0% but it's not a lot when looking at damage some other attacks do.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
...at max damage and down 98 stocks. its rediculous. AS is twice his size, and does 35%. F smash fully charged does 37 damage, fair 9% etc.
LOL...learn lucario before you generalize. The cap does exist. Lots of people have proved it.

Besides...the tiers aren't based on a 98 stock match.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lol, I like it most when you use aura boosted FP, cuz you can almost hear the power growing

0%ish: ::roars:: *crinch*

80%ish: ::roars:: *crunch*

170ish: ::ROARS:: *C-CRRRRUUNCHITY-CRACK*!

even though it doesn't actually change in sound, just looking at the knockback of it at those %'s makes you cringe.

btw, learn to get the caps and maxs right, it helps a lot to know that u don't need to be at 98 stocks behind to be at full power.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
^^last statement = truth.

and yes FP with some aura boost is quite scary. It totally should have a new sound when he caps out haha.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
u do realize that bair has more knockback than nair, way less recovery lag, more range and is better sometimes cuz dair wont hit someone above or to the side of u (u have to be above them or practically touching them).

U should learn to use it since its pretty deceptive and ur prolly missing out on some easier/faster kills. It really isnt that hard to land or use. If u dont lke it u dont have to, but not using it might be drastically holding u back
yeah i know its great.....ive done it... but it just isnt my style... i kinda play with my opponent and drag it out as long as i can when i play lucario...

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Bair is ****. It's one of Luc's best kill moves you should really learn to incorporate it into your gameplay.
I could but i dont... i just need to get a feel for it... so its not like (b-air *MK air doges and uses shutle loop*lucario dies...) but at the moment im just trying to have fun with luc here...

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
I could but i dont... i just need to get a feel for it... so its not like (b-air *MK air doges and uses shutle loop*lucario dies...) but at the moment im just trying to have fun with luc here...
lrn2space. Bair is Lucario's 'mini fsmash.' Everybody should be using it.

But, yes, even though an FP kill looks awesome, killing with fthrow is too good.

"WTF, where did I go? Was that a throw?" lol

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
lets see you kill a MK with b-air every hour.

haha. Then again lets see u kill a MK with a fair or Nair. The truth is all atacks are somewhat visable aand cab be dodged. That means dont just bair wildly, fall back a bit when edgehogging then wait for the right time like any other move. If u dont care about using it thats fine, but sometimes toying with ur opponent/sandbagging just causes u to lose. If u dont care and jsut wana play the game then thats fine, whatever makes u happy really.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
you guys are mean to 2s. if he can't get a feel for it than its his buisness.

frankly, all of lucario's aerials are amazing, so i don't really give a crap which one is better because they al have different priorities. F-air combos. N-air has decent knockback and ZERO LANDING LAG. B-air has great KO potential. D-air...nah, i don't have to even explain it. U-air...killing off the top iz tooo goodz...

Who cares if he doesn't implement one of them :D.

Anyways, lets ban Lucario he's too goodz.

viparagon

Smash Ace
I kneww about the damage cap, but not the stock cap. I apologize. When i said max damage I was talking about the damage cap. I guess I killed myselve all those times for nothing. (damage is alot considering its very easy to change another and a nair after, but of course y'all know that.

BTW wouldn't it be cool if red lucario's aura sphere was RED <inner 9-year old

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
haha. Then again lets see u kill a MK with a fair or Nair.
Its Much easier than it sounds...

if youre patient anyways....

if i could name b-air it would be called "paw-paw o justice" or something like that...

viparagon

Smash Ace
I tested at -2 stocks and 170% damage. Full charged Fsmash did 42%... So no. But 98 stocks down would be crazy, even his tilts would at tops would 2hko
Are you sure? Peaches damage went from 18-55 when I did it. And come on! 42 damage? thats like boozer's

RP`

Smash Apprentice
Why do you care so much? If he is down 2 stocks in a 3 stock match at 170% then you just need to lan one KO move on him and you win.

Think of it like this: If he is down THAT much, then you are kicking the crap out of him. Are you expecting him to pull some kind of Hollywood ending where you can't even land one KO move on him and he takes away all 3 of your stocks and wins? Aura Boost has two ends to it. Sure, you get a nice damage boost, but you can only get its full effect if you are getting ****kicked. Only thing you need to worry about is when you are almost neck-and-neck and he is 100%+.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That would be true in a more... mechanical situation. In a more realistic situation, though, it happens to sometimes fall in lucario's favor. besides, these are just max stats, not ideal situations. Lucario gets a nice boost being two stocks behind at 0% as well, so it's pretty good. Also, you'd be surprised at what a Lucario can do if you let him get you vulnerable.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Welcome to the forums, RP'!!!! :D

I agree with most of what you said. But an aura boost is a nice thing to have, even if it means we are loosing by stock or at a high percent. We dont have to be OMG 2 STOCKS DOWN AND 170% for the aura boost to be effective. Any amount of aura boost is useful...it doesn't HAVE to be full throttle.

RP`

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the forums, RP'!!!! :D

I agree with most of what you said. But an aura boost is a nice thing to have, even if it means we are loosing by stock or at a high percent. We dont have to be OMG 2 STOCKS DOWN AND 170% for the aura boost to be effective. Any amount of aura boost is useful...it doesn't HAVE to be full throttle.
No, I completely agree with what you said. I am just stating that Aura Boost doesn't make Lucario as devastating as he sounds, as a response to the people thinking otherwise. 35% AS when 2 stocks down at 170% is nothing to worry about when Lucario is about to lose. Sorry for not quoting so you could see what I was referring to.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

viparagon

Smash Ace
Why do you care so much? If he is down 2 stocks in a 3 stock match at 170% then you just need to lan one KO move on him and you win.

Think of it like this: If he is down THAT much, then you are kicking the crap out of him. Are you expecting him to pull some kind of Hollywood ending where you can't even land one KO move on him and he takes away all 3 of your stocks and wins? Aura Boost has two ends to it. Sure, you get a nice damage boost, but you can only get its full effect if you are getting ****kicked. Only thing you need to worry about is when you are almost neck-and-neck and he is 100%+.
Azen has. Sort of.

Browny

Smash Hater
Dont underestimate the aura boost...

at even stock standing and 142% his fsmash is as strong as DK's. can KO lightweights like fox as low as 60%

Nines~Tempest

Smash Cadet
Lol, I did a ladder match on AiB yesterday vs a decent ROB, and last match was luigi's mansion. I got knocked down a stock early match, so I was down once the whole game (I was stupid). So about 4 minutes later we're both on last stock, I'm at 174, he's at 0%. I keep in mind that Dsmash can kill me now, so I never even get near him. In 30 seconds I get him to 70% and then knock him off the edge, and due to internet lag, he falls while charging his gyro.

Godly Lucario is Godly.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
NINES TODAY IZ FRIDAY WANNA BRAWL WHEN I GET BACK!??!?!?

(im so effing bored...i think i still have your FC...)

(btw aib had decent people?????)

Nines~Tempest

Smash Cadet
Well he didn't camp or spam the hell out of me, and I ended up winning the set of 3, even after he used Snake and two stocked me, he was cool and didn't use him again.

^_^ Sure we can play lol, meet in chat?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

Azen disproves your theory. :D

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
If Lucario didn't have a cap on his aura, he'd be top tier.

*jab*

.01 seconds later

*shiny explosion*

So to gauge Lucario, when at max power, he's about as strong as Ike yes?

Top Bottom