• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario to be replaced in SSB4?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Except Marth has a pointy sword hitbox coming up, and Dolphin Slash rate of ascension is comparable to Sonic's up-b. There is a reason Marth has an advantage in this match-up (but not the only reason).
Lucario's Dair beats out Marth's Up B. This is aided by the fact that Dair lasts a really long time. Marth also seems to ascend much faster than Sonic does.

Bair also beats it out and lasts a long time, but is much riskier to land. However, it's usually a sure-stage-spike if it lands properly.

I won't even go into your idea that Lucario is at a disadvantage against Marth. I shall simply say that it is at most a neutral matchup. Only slightly in favor of Marth, at the most.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
lol lets all ponder on ssb 10.... when u hook up to the game and fight bowser urself :) sweet as.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
I think the luca vs marth match up it even... except for the fact that marth has no projectile and he has to be dodging our auraspheres while we aproach. Their air game is fantastic so do ours. his ground game its very good but ours its better. he has an excelent counter and we.... we dont. anyways i think it is totaly even so theres no point to continue discussing about this issue.

Just wait till we get to marth in the matchups thread :D

Helikeldin

Smash Rookie
Definitely. Lucario is a clear replacement of mewtwo from melee. They will just pick another cool person-like character from the next pokemon game.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Psshhh...All of this talk of replacing Lucario is irrelevant. I've already talked to Sakurai, and he said he's gonna swap Lucario out for Lileep for the next Smash Bros.

Hmmm...I wonder if it's going to be Males or female.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
they will bring back lucario and mewtwo and ditch pikachu in favor of persian the classy cat pokemon...

equiped with hyper beam, thunder, quick attack, thunder bolt, and final smash is volt tackle! becuase persian dosent learn that >.>

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't want Lucario to go out the door!
Oh, and about the Marth vs. Lucario, I'm safely saying even/slightly in the favor of Marth.

Oh, and my thoughts of a char that has been overlooked, despite being in numerous games, and being in an awesome game, would be someone from Custom Robo.

Back onto Pokemon mains...

Hope Mewtwo and Lucario both make it into the next roster, and whoever said ditch Pika is a sad, strange, little man, lol (sorry, Toy Story reference).

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I don't want Lucario to go out the door!
Oh, and about the Marth vs. Lucario, I'm safely saying even/slightly in the favor of Marth.
We're not discussing that. We're discussing whose recovery is easier to gimp. (AKA Marth's)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Euh, Marth's isn't as recoverish, but it sure is tactical, I dunno, ES seems to be more gimped, as even if you cling, there's a little risk in being next to a stage spike.
*ducks behind Aura-Guard, while announcer advertises:
"Aura-Guard, for everyday flaming, Aura-Guard prevents blaming! Guaranteed"*!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Euh, Marth's isn't as recoverish, but it sure is tactical, I dunno, ES seems to be more gimped, as even if you cling, there's a little risk in being next to a stage spike.
*ducks behind Aura-Guard, while announcer advertises:
"Aura-Guard, for everyday flaming, Aura-Guard prevents blaming! Guaranteed"*!
If you're getting gimped, no matter HOW you're using it, you're doing it wrong. ES should never be gimped if you use it correctly.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Extremespeed is not infallible. Marth is one of those characters that specializes in making it hell to recover. If you use ES too close to the stage, Marth can fair you out of your start up lag. If you use it too far from the stage, Marth can cling on the ledge then drop down and Nair you if you wallcling. If you use it at the perfect distance from the stage, Marth can just hang on the edge and do aerials to hit you out of it. You might recover from that, but you will still take damage.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Extremespeed is not infallible. Marth is one of those characters that specializes in making it hell to recover. If you use ES too close to the stage, Marth can fair you out of your start up lag. If you use it too far from the stage, Marth can cling on the ledge then drop down and Nair you if you wallcling. If you use it at the perfect distance from the stage, Marth can just hang on the edge and do aerials to hit you out of it. You might recover from that, but you will still take damage.
If he drops down and Nairs, he won't be making it back himself. =\
If need be, we CAN do a rising airdodge from the wall, yanno.
And if you use ES so close to the ledge that he can hit you, you definitely deserve to be gimped.

Timbers

check me out
Marth has one of the best gimping games on Lucario, but not because he can hit us out of a wallcling (lol what?) Wall cling is lagless, you can immediately walljump into an airdodge.

And if he does miss, then he's set up to get his own recovery gimped by ledge invincibility by the Lucario. I don't know why Marth would wait for you to go and wall cling. If he's in a position to do that, he's in a position to just bat you away again or spike you out of ES.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't know why you'd bring this up for Marth. almost any character is capable of dropping down and hitting you with some type of quick aerial, and I don't think too many people are being ledgespiked out of wallclings by it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Usually, Marth's won't do nair, they'll usually use bair/fair even. But I do agree, most chars (not just Marths) forget to gimp a wallcling, and even if they do, it's pretty hard. But I'm not saying that ES is easily gimpable, I just think that in comparison, Marth's recovery is more edge game oriented.

PsychoKnight

Smash Cadet
SSB4 needs to keep the classics from the first game.

Lucario- So um does Sonic stay, instead? I really should hope they take him out before they even think of taking out Lucario. Not because he is my main, but come on, look at videos of Lucarios and look at videos of Azen...enough said. Lucario has the potential and is one of the good brawl characters. Some people in my town are beginning to realize his potential just about now O_o.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Marth has one of the best gimping games on Lucario, but not because he can hit us out of a wallcling (lol what?) Wall cling is lagless, you can immediately walljump into an airdodge.

And if he does miss, then he's set up to get his own recovery gimped by ledge invincibility by the Lucario. I don't know why Marth would wait for you to go and wall cling. If he's in a position to do that, he's in a position to just bat you away again or spike you out of ES.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't know why you'd bring this up for Marth. almost any character is capable of dropping down and hitting you with some type of quick aerial, and I don't think too many people are being ledgespiked out of wallclings by it.
I'm not saying that Lucario can't get gimped by Marth. Hell, his sword makes a stupidly good edgegame. However, ES is not easily gimped on its own.

Lucario vs. Marth, both characters can very easily gimp each other. =\

dr00

Smash Apprentice
this has gone on for too long.

the thread title has got it backwards.

lucario isn't going to be replaced in SSB4, SSB4 is going to be replaced by lucario.

Timbers

check me out
I'm not saying that Lucario can't get gimped by Marth. Hell, his sword makes a stupidly good edgegame. However, ES is not easily gimped on its own.

Lucario vs. Marth, both characters can very easily gimp each other. =\
That post was directed at Ark22 xD sorry.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
If you're getting gimped, no matter HOW you're using it, you're doing it wrong. ES should never be gimped if you use it correctly.
u cud say that for a lot of characters but no1's perfect and will get it right everytime. happens it tourneys all the time, greasy sticks :)
but um...
just a comment: how many times hav u guys seen marth stuff up his recoevery on FD and go under the stage instead of up to the ledge... funny stuff.
also good bit of gimpinfo

Top Bottom