• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario + Toon Link doubles effective?

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Since i was going to enter the doubles in a tournament with my friend that plays as toon link and i was wondering is this a good team? If not, then whats the best character out of MK, falco, Bowser or D3 to team up with?

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
I am going to say none of them are good teamates. Lucario is a power person IMO s oyou want someone fast and weak i would say zelda/shiek or ZZS

Milln

Smash Champion
Since i was going to enter the doubles in a tournament with my friend that plays as toon link and i was wondering is this a good team? If not, then whats the best character out of MK, falco, Bowser or D3 to team up with?
Toon's alright, but I personally don't think he makes a good doubles partner due to the amount of junk he needs to have flying around.

Meta would be good for his dsmash/shuttle and would be great for clearing up the kills, also if Lucario needs some help fighting or recovering, he's fast enough to get over there.

Falco's alright and I can imagine some stupid team combos.

Bowser I wouldn't do, he's so big, your aura would be flying towards him and be trying to **** him.

D3 is big, too, but he's alright and can kill well with back air and such, as well as having a much better recovery than Bowser. Moving chaingrabs kinda limits his useability, however since your hitboxes are so large and lasting, you'd have to watch for when/if your partner grabs your opponent. Penguin toe and good setups make up for that one minor inconvenience.

My teammate is a Game and Watch. =3 I plan to team with an assist-focused Sheik for Genesis, though.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I always team with a ROB/G&W player. He never goes ROB, though, unless we're playing 2 Snakes. For Genesis, I'm going with a G&W as well (I think).

I would say go for Falco or Metaknight, but Falco is apparently a "bad teammate," from the words of my friend that has a very very solid Falco. Metaknight and G&W, I'd say, are Lucario's best teammates.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
I always team with a ROB/G&W player. He never goes ROB, though, unless we're playing 2 Snakes. For Genesis, I'm going with a G&W as well (I think).

I would say go for Falco or Metaknight, but Falco is apparently a "bad teammate," from the words of my friend that has a very very solid Falco. Metaknight and G&W, I'd say, are Lucario's best teammates.
Yer i heard this too. I think its because of all the lazers falco would be shooting out. Thanks for the posts so far, but does anyone know how to play lucario well in a doubles with lets say MK or GW?

Also i play a balanced to defensive lucario.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I main Lucarion and my brother mains Toon Link, I think that Toon Link is not the best partner. I would say Falco.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
G&W, Snake, MK, marth, falco, and ROB would make some good teammates. Bowser is okay, but TL wouldn't make such a fantastic combination. I've practiced a bit with some snake +lucario paper bits, and I have to say it just looks evil.:demon:

Milln

Smash Champion
but does anyone know how to play lucario well in a doubles with GW?

Also i play a balanced to defensive lucario.
Help out your G&W buddy lure his opponent into bad spacing. G&W's uair can help you fly up and uair people that recovery high if they don't expect it.

Whenever G&W isn't engaged with an enemy (i.e. just launched him) call for a Bucket or just have the G&W always just hold his bucket out and just throw a sphere at him. Buckets filled with Aura Spheres are amazing.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Help out your G&W buddy lure his opponent into bad spacing. G&W's uair can help you fly up and uair people that recovery high if they don't expect it.

Whenever G&W isn't engaged with an enemy (i.e. just launched him) call for a Bucket or just have the G&W always just hold his bucket out and just throw a sphere at him. Buckets filled with Aura Spheres are amazing.
Oh, and on the topic of good uses for "AS" counters in doubles for your partner, IMO ness would also make a decent team mate. getting setups from PK fire at low percents, healing him with AS if it fails to kill an opponent, good aerials, and solid kill moves (bthrow), not bad, not my first pick but better than like peach + lucario.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
You also know who's a good teamy.
Kirby.

Dual Aura Sphere action, Aerial superiority, set up for spikes (lucario fairing, then kirbs coming in outta no where for a Dair.), Hold to hamma.
Getting this team synced is a blast once oiled.

On the G&W side, getting a 9 in teams is more fun when the person is being held. Cheap move, but its funny. Whats even more funny is when your partner lets go, and you end up 9'ing them.
XD
-t2

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Oh yer never thought about that. That could indeed be a very good combo.
When i asked my friend about match-ups he told me that lucario is bad a teams is that true because, alot of his attacks splash. Is this true? and what does splash mean? (sorry i'm a noob :))

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I am going to say none of them are good teamates. Lucario is a power person IMO s oyou want someone fast and weak i would say zelda/shiek or ZZS
lol no

Lucario gets weaker every death that takes place in the match aside from himself.

~ if teamate dies lucario gets weaker
~if opponent number one dies lucario gets weaker
~if opponent number 2 dies lucario gets weaker
You also know who's a good teamy.
Kirby.

Dual Aura Sphere action, Aerial superiority, set up for spikes (lucario fairing, then kirbs coming in outta no where for a Dair.), Hold to hamma.
Getting this team synced is a blast once oiled.

-t2
This... is just too manly...too cool

If not, then whats the best character out of MK, falco, Bowser or D3 to team up with?
To me its a fight between Falco and D3 for some pretty cool things that i might post later.

But yeah G&W is my sidekick

Top Bottom