• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's best combo?

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
Ive heard from many different people alot of different combos for lucario. I main lucario and use all these in many of my games. I just want to know what you people think is probably his best combo move?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Either Force palm, Utilt, Nair or jab.

Nair has no lag when it lands, meaning you can often run and grab people after hitting with it close to the ground, and as for jab, you can use it to get of a force palm instead of the final kick, making for a nice combo that's a lot stronger than the usual jab jab jab. Force Palm can chain throw people to 30% when Lucario is at 50% or lower, and Utilt can also do the same thing if they get caught in it.

And you can combine them to create Nair > jab jab force palm > force palm chain throw > running grab or Up tilt.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Uh sorry but none of these work except his a,a,a combo if your opponent is any good then you can't pull these off. Believe me I've tried countless times.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Uh sorry but none of these work except his a,a,a combo if your opponent is any good then you can't pull these off. Believe me I've tried countless times.
wrong. AA>B works on any opponent at just about any percentage. I've landed it countless times against both the level 9 CPUs and human opponents. I've also gone through this combo in training mode in slow motion with a human controlling the dummy character and applying every kind of DI and air dodge combination possible. At the right %, you cannot escape this combo.

Lucario's aura attacks, particularly his Fair seem to have more actual stun that many other attacks in the game, as in the time when the opponent can't air dodge after being hit. This is the reason why his chain grab and even just his up tilt spam combo actually work.

Xfactor777

Smash Cadet
i like the combo where you grab them and throw them to the ground and they go flying and then charge an aura sphere and then bang!

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
i like using grab forward throw fairx2 + jump + fairx2. works on many characters if they jump up after throw. amd if not go dair.

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
Do you Short hop the fairs or full jump them?
It knida depends on the damage. If they're already at low damage i grab, throw forward (preferably off the stage to "gimp"), short jump fair fair, jump, fair fair, upB toward edge.
This is personally my fav combo that works alot. It kinda depends on them jumping up off the grab though, to do the short jump fairs to continue the combo, if they dont jump it is easy to go dair them though. So either way win win. :D

Froth

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of confused on the execution. Can you procure a video?
Not everyone has the ability to either a) make a video or b) find a video because it's nonexistant. Why don't you just try out some of the things instead of being lazy and wanting a video?

Milln

Smash Champion
Well that's why I asked if he could!

I can't try because I have no one to test it here, with, and the computer in training mode rarely does what I want to do when I want it.

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
yeah i cant make one, and i know you werent saying that cause your lazy.
I cant explain it any better than i did. It works better against certain characters and ill make a chart on who the whole combo can work on. I know olimar for sure cause thats who i discovered it against, and it also works wonders against him cause after hitting him with 4 fairs and grabbing on the edge he is basically dead. Even with DI and airdodge it is so sure that you will get this combo off against Oli. But i will generate a chart if you want infi-tan. What questions you have on the execution?

Froth

Smash Journeyman
thanks.
Did you kinda understand how to execute it? cause i thought i explained it pretty well, but then again a vid would help
I completely understand it. It just sucks that, as an Olimar player, I now have something to be scared about. Lucario is pretty mean, especially at high damage. But, killing at low damage--that's insane.

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
I completely understand it. It just sucks that, as an Olimar player, I now have something to be scared about. Lucario is pretty mean, especially at high damage. But, killing at low damage--that's insane.
yeah thats kinda isnt a good thing for you. Yeah but olimar is pretty mean to with grab forward throw > up smash> up air, and doing 43% on average. Thats what my friend always does to me. Its so hard and rare to avoid all three devastating hits. The combo i found out is not the easiest thing to pull off so you wont have to worry about many lucarios doing it on you.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Olimar, in my opinion, has the best grab. He has very little lag aftewards, unlike (Z)Samus, Lucas, Link whom have a longer grab. Olimar can also grab at least 4 times in the time it takes them to do one. And, Olimar, himself, is pretty mean. For me, he also stays in the stage without dying, except for this one Falco player, who dairs me and I just go down just like that.

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
Olimar, in my opinion, has the best grab. He has very little lag aftewards, unlike (Z)Samus, Lucas, Link whom have a longer grab. Olimar can also grab at least 4 times in the time it takes them to do one. And, Olimar, himself, is pretty mean. For me, he also stays in the stage without dying, except for this one Falco player, who dairs me and I just go down just like that.
yeah he does. He has very little lag after many things like his dsmash and other moves. Yeah that maybe true but if i pull of my Lucario combo Olimar can go down pretty fast witout needing to be on the stage. We need to play lucario vs olimar sometime on wifi lol and if you want mirrior match my buddy who also uses Oli. To show you how he plays

Froth

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something. This could all be stopped by using the Whistle.
Depends, where is Palmdale located?

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
Not really. My friend has tried it. Once i grab him he knows its coming so he prepares to use his down b, but then i stillget my combo off. There is not enough time to whistle lol
never mind i just saw you were in Indiana, and the wifi lag gets a bit annoying, oh and palmdale is in C.A

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
a sick combo i like to do s short hop and fair immediately after the jump, then nair as you land, shorthop fair, land with nair,and continue to repeat till the opponent is off the ledge. If they are inside of you after fair, change nair to dair, or if they are too close when you land with nair, shffl dair.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
I might change mains, or at least have a secondary character, to Lucario. I also love his wall sit.

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
thats so awesome huh!!!
especially at yoshi's island, i just fair or nair people till they cant get back and we both are almost dead cause of how low we are, but then i up b into the wall and stick then just jump up on the edge and its so funny.
yeah my three characters, in my opinion, cover alomst all 35 characters, but hey if you like Oli stick to him and sooner or later you'll start pwning lucarios.

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
Wow lucario can combo, inst hard with the Kb changes and everything?
who said it wasnt hard?
all you have to do is practice the combos and youll learn at what percentages send them how far and so on.
Its kinda difficult to pull of the double fair jump double fair though with out them getting ouy

Froth

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of characters I play with. Olimar will always be my #1 main. But I've been experiementing with others and Lucario seems right to play as. Pikachu is also another.

Milln

Smash Champion
I was just curious as to the spacing, since whenever I forward throw off the edge, I usually get avoided whenever I chase.. maybe i'm just not expecting them to jump... too much Melee where people recover from under the stage. XD

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
I was just curious as to the spacing, since whenever I forward throw off the edge, I usually get avoided whenever I chase.. maybe i'm just not expecting them to jump... too much Melee where people recover from under the stage. XD
yeah lol that can make it not work. But you can still set up after a froward throw for a dair. So either way you can still hit someone pretty good after a forward throw :D

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
what if they.......shield?
but that still sounds pretty cool
they cant raeally shield out of the combo becasue of the stun, the best they can do if they are one of the lighter characters is di backwards THEN shield, or else they can still b comboed.

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
they cant raeally shield out of the combo becasue of the stun, the best they can do if they are one of the lighter characters is di backwards THEN shield, or else they can still b comboed.
oh yeah. But hey i tried doing the combo you posted and it was impossible to hit with DI factored in. Well i got it once but the nair pushed them so far away i couldnt short jump fair to continue the combo.

Top Bottom