• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's D-tilt

Raiken

Smash Cadet
First off, hello Lucario boards : o

I know i don't post here very often, and some of you probably haven't even seen me around on these boards, but i've got some questions.

What are some great uses for Lucario's D-tilt? It's probably the only move i dont use very often aside from DT, and i'm trying to learn how to use it a little more. Does it have greater priority than some other character's dash attacks (MK and Snake in particular), or does it cancel or even get outprioritized?

Also, what are some uses for it that could lead to combos or be used as part of a combo?

Zujira

Smash Apprentice
At low %s it can combo into itself, not sure if it's true or not, but it works. You can also use it to pop people up into the air. Jab Jab ->d-tilt works occasionally too.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt is really, really fast. It's Luc's fastest tilt, and it's only a few frames slower than his jab. Plus it's got decent range and I'm fairly sure it has IASA frames too. But, besides that, dtilt's only real use is spacing. Use dtilt when you're too close to ftilt and too far away to jab. Think of it as an emergency measure when a Falco or Meta gets in too close.

I've tried many times, but dtilt will rarely lead into anything. Sometimes at low % you can land a couple dtilts in a row or a dtilt-jab-jab-whatever, but neither are reliable. Most of the time dtilt will knock them too far away to follow with aerials.

Oh, and if you're looking to play competitively, I'd recommend not using DT at all. Jabs, ftilt, utilt, grabs, and fsmash are all you really need on the ground.

Raiken

Smash Cadet
Dtilt is really, really fast. It's Luc's fastest tilt, and it's only a few frames slower than his jab. Plus it's got decent range and I'm fairly sure it has IASA frames too. But, besides that, dtilt's only real use is spacing. Use dtilt when you're too close to ftilt and too far away to jab. Think of it as an emergency measure when a Falco or Meta gets in too close.

I've tried many times, but dtilt will rarely lead into anything. Sometimes at low % you can land a couple dtilts in a row or a dtilt-jab-jab-whatever, but neither are reliable. Most of the time dtilt will knock them too far away to follow with aerials.

Oh, and if you're looking to play competitively, I'd recommend not using DT at all. Jabs, ftilt, utilt, grabs, and fsmash are all you really need on the ground.
D-tilt's speed is why i'm trying to learn how to use it a little more. It's got a little more range than i realized, and the few times i did manage to hit with it... i wasn't really expecting it lol. The main thing i'm trying to figure out is if it can stop dash attacks, but since i don't have anything other than one of the CPU to rely on.. i can't really try testing much.

I've gone to two tournaments now and played against some relatively skilled people, and its taught me to not use DT almost at all. (I didn't use it much to begin with, but now i use it very sparingly, just.. a few times a match, like one or two) It seems like a better option in the air apposed to the ground from what i've gathered.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I use it on those awkward leveled stages, (like Yoshi's Island) cause it has a good range and with the angle, it tends to hit a bit more/ is unexpected.
Or just Edge guarding.
nothing much else.
-t2

CSTIK

Smash Cadet
It's pretty fast to go in and out. Usually spamming it works (against non-MKs) against a shield because they think they can get away or hit you before the second one for some reason...but they always get hit by it. You have to time the escape well to not get hit by it. If you want a video of what I mean, then I'll upload a match if I can find one where I used it to do that.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
It can be used to really screw up someone's approach from the ground. I'm pretty sure it will out prioritize most dash attacks. I don't use it too often, but when I do, I don't regret it.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
jab > jab > dtilt > fair > nair > jab > jab > dtilt > fair > nair and repeat until nair knocks them too far away... or they're g&w and recovers almost instantly

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I dont really know how exactly I use it, but I tend to do it a lot to punish stuff if I am not sure how much time I have before my opponent will be able to shield or dodge again. It also works very nicely against opponents who like to cling to the edge for too long.

All in all I probably use d-tilt more than any other of Lucarios tilts.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
...am I the only one who uses it for power? For those occasions when you're at 100, and they're 150--KO! I mean, there are times when your opponent might live to 160 or 170 or higher, but don't let them! Our fast d-tilt can KO them!...IF you manage to use it on a platform, then you're golden.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why D-tilt, when you can Fsmash?

:).

/Azen

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's fast and unexpected.

That's what I use it for. It's not a great combo starter or even flows into combos well, but it's worth a use here and there to mix it up.

Top Bottom