• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Recovery

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Hi guys!

I'm new at this forum, and I want to ask about Lucario's Recovery. One of my friends has a lot of problems with it, hard landing, suicides... He needs some help!

Any tips with it? Is there any guide I can read?

We were playing in Miiverse stage and we saw a message about Lucario's recovery with mathematical formulas really well drawn and my friend and I start laughing like hell. It was pretty funny.

THANKS!

1FC0

Smash Lord
git gud or git rekt

Last edited:

Slythe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ixtalis
3DS FC
3222-6332-1769
Lucario's got a few options when recovering, depending on the stage you're playing on.

Hard ES landings can be avoided by hitting the ground at a gentle angle. Wait as long as you can before using ES if you're going to land back on top of the stage. Just be wary about crossing through the opponent, as they might be predicting it.

ES into the stage wall-> Wallcling is an option on some stages. Depending on how comfortable your opponent's been offstage this might be risky, as you only get a single jump to make it back on the stage and you're vulnerable to spikes, but you can Double Team / nair to cover yourself. I find it especially useful against fast characters with a decent air game like Sonic or Fox.

At high aura and with good aim ES will be able to make it back to the stage. Don't be afraid to charge AS a bit while falling if you were knocked high. It'll keep your opponent afraid of chasing you too far out.

Learning how far ES will travel and the speed it'll move is a matter of practice. Once you get a feel for it you can even start to use ES offensively while getting back on the stage. Probably one of our more disrespectful moves =P

For a more comprehensive guide, I've enjoyed Eeveecario's guide: http://smashboards.com/guides/the-aura-should-never-die-a-lucarios-guide.166/

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Lucario's got a few options when recovering, depending on the stage you're playing on.

Hard ES landings can be avoided by hitting the ground at a gentle angle. Wait as long as you can before using ES if you're going to land back on top of the stage. Just be wary about crossing through the opponent, as they might be predicting it.

ES into the stage wall-> Wallcling is an option on some stages. Depending on how comfortable your opponent's been offstage this might be risky, as you only get a single jump to make it back on the stage and you're vulnerable to spikes, but you can Double Team / nair to cover yourself. I find it especially useful against fast characters with a decent air game like Sonic or Fox.

At high aura and with good aim ES will be able to make it back to the stage. Don't be afraid to charge AS a bit while falling if you were knocked high. It'll keep your opponent afraid of chasing you too far out.

Learning how far ES will travel and the speed it'll move is a matter of practice. Once you get a feel for it you can even start to use ES offensively while getting back on the stage. Probably one of our more disrespectful moves =P

For a more comprehensive guide, I've enjoyed Eeveecario's guide: http://smashboards.com/guides/the-aura-should-never-die-a-lucarios-guide.166/

Thanks for your tips!!!! I don't want to hear my friend complaining about Lucario's Recovery :)

PS: I started messing around a bit with lucario. It is fu**ing broken, I'm looking for a second, and there are a lot of villagers in spain...

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I can only show him the door. He is the one that has to walk through it.
I know that door but I'm a PAC-MAN main...I played like 5 or 6 matches with Lucario

I asked for info because one of my friends needs help I can't master every character to help them. Asking sometimes works.

Top Bottom