• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's "unusual method" in todays update?

Rane

Smash Rookie
Does anybody else think that it was Lucario Sakurai was talking about when he said one character has an "unusual method by which they can distinguish friend from foe?"

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
it was most definitely Lucario, which probably hints at his update being very very soon

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Lucario will be on the dojo eventually. I do think he was talking about him though.

Hope he is posted next week. I wanna make a new signature banner..

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
I thought the exact same thing when I looked this morning- hoping Lucario will be monday's update, that would be awesome.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
How could it not be Lucario? It didn't even come into my mind that anyone could possibly interpret Sakurai otherwise, no offense.

Fluff

Smash Cadet
i think they might be announcing characters in the order they are unlocked from vs matches... which would make it ness > marth > Luigi > Falco > C. Falc > Lucario
but who knows... we will find out soon enough

Talendime

Smash Ace
It WAS Lucario. If you don't believe me, look at this video:

HERE.
The video this guy posted proved it was Lucario. Where's the respect? You all just totally ignored him! (Unless you didn't want it spoiled, ahaha.. if that's the case, don't read forward.)
In the video it shows Lucario peering through the box to see who was inside, and saw Snake with a blue glow around him (aura. blue=good guy), and then when Metaknight went to attack him (who also had a blue aura), Lucario showed him that Snake was good. And then came the monsters, who Lucario saw with Red glow (Red=bad. duh.)

Ok so problem solved convo ova !?!?!???

Lucarian

Smash Cadet
The video this guy posted proved it was Lucario. Where's the respect? You all just totally ignored him! (Unless you didn't want it spoiled, ahaha.. if that's the case, don't read forward.)
In the video it shows Lucario peering through the box to see who was inside, and saw Snake with a blue glow around him (aura. blue=good guy), and then when Metaknight went to attack him (who also had a blue aura), Lucario showed him that Snake was good. And then came the monsters, who Lucario saw with Red glow (Red=bad. duh.)

Ok so problem solved convo ova !?!?!???
That just explains it all. Lucario is awesome.

I think he was taliking about ROB
How the hell could it possibly be R.O.B.? What can he do that would allow him to tell the difference between a good guy and a bad guy? Especially since we have VIDEO EVIDENCE of Lucario seeing blue auras around good guys and red auras around bad guys. It doesn't get any more conclusive than that.

Ancient Mini-Stir

Smash Cadet
Lucario was the first character I thought of when I read that. On R.O.B., correct me if I'm wrong, but in SSE it
simply has a change of heart; it doesn't have anything to do with telling who is friend and foe, especially not an unusual method
. Or at least that's how I saw it. I suppose it could be argued both ways, but R.O.B. never had an "unusual method to distinguish friend from foe" IMHO.

Wave Guiding Guardian

Smash Rookie
From another thread

"...That said, there is one character who has a rather unusual method by which they can distinguish friend from foe..."

This has probably already been brought up, but that character is Lucario. To show you what I mean, take a look at this SSE video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RELSX1rpiaY

Notice that when Lucario closes his eyes, Snake and Metaknight show up as blue, and the SSE Army show up red.... but you may be wondering, why exactly this is...

Lucario is a very special Pokemon, much like the legendaries of the series that also hold such rare abilities, just that Lucario is capable of being bred in the game, and hence is not as rare. He is extremely intelligent, and shows many strengths from his very first stage, Riolu. Their Pokedex entries help to give a good bit of information about his abilities.

Riolu
Pearl: Its body is lithe yet powerful. It can crest three mountains and cross two canyons in one night.
Diamond: The aura that emanates from its body intensifies to alert others if it is afraid or sad.

Lucario:
Diamond: It has the ability to sense the auras of all things. It understands human speech.
Pearl: By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements.
Now I could go into explaining more about his strengths, and even his weaknesses, but I'm sure many of you are waiting for me to get closer to the point, so we'll jump right to that. The key word in his Pokedex entries, that apply to this special ability, is Aura. Lucario(and quite probably Riolu as well), has a unique ability to can sense(/see) a special type of energy emitted from characters in this fictional universe, which has been deemed as Aura. This aura can obviously inform him about those he is 'looking into', not only in their alignment between good and evil, but, as the Pokedex entry informs, he can predict their movements. Perhaps the development crew had this in mind when giving him a counter move as a special move.

Getting back on topic, when Lucario closes his eyes the appendages on the back of his head lift up, giving him the appearance of being blindfolded. (Intended graphical design choices FTW!) The Appendages then are used to sense the aura, giving him a kind of an enhanced 'blind sight', and showing him what he needs to know, and also allows him to 'see' things he can't visually see. This could quite possibly be compared to Daredevil, or even Goku at SSJ5(yeah, I know a little DBZ too :p), but when examining them you can tell they have pretty vast differences. I have yet to see it stated that Lucario *has* to close his eyes to view aura, and I personally doubt that that is the case. However I do believe that it is required for him to get a good reading, especially at a distance. Imagine you yourself being able to see aura, and how much more clearly you could focus on it if your eyes were closed.

In any case, I'm sure you've read quite enough about this talent, if you've made it this far, or you've pretty much skipped it all and are posting simply for the +1... however, feel free to discuss this ability, or other aspects about Lucario and his SSBB form. You can even ask questions, if you would like, and I'll try my best to answer them as accurately as I can.

Oh! Thanks for reading as well! Have a great night!

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I'm very glad that Sakurai is keeping lucario true to himself. I'd like to note that these are abiltys that Lucario only shows/uses in the anime/anime movie. Sakurai seems to be taking some things from anime, especially with lucario. In the games the only aura based ability lucario can use is aura sphere. while it is thought as his sig move, there are a few other pokemon who can learn it, mostly legendarys. A translation of the events names shows the lucario event to called The Aura in Me, which is similar to lucario's "phrase" that he says before using aura, "The Aura is in Me." I think the true English translation will use this phrase.

http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6211&p=112735#p112735

If you have seen the lucario movie, than you know how amazing Lucario's ability to see aura is. He can see just about anything around him, and he seems to be able to "identify" people using aura. He mistakes Ash for Sir Aaron, claiming that there "Aura" was similar. It seems that sakuri has taken has used both abilitys, the second to determine friend from foe.

However, this slightly confuses me. If lucario is able to tell friend from foe with aura, than why does he fight MK? It is obvious that they are both fighters of honor and have gained each others respect. But why do they fight in the first place?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heh, that's hilarious that people actually think it could be ANYONE other than Lucario...

Watch the **** SSE video of Lucario and you'll see without a doubt

Rane

Smash Rookie
I'm very glad that Sakurai is keeping lucario true to himself. I'd like to note that these are abiltys that Lucario only shows/uses in the anime/anime movie. Sakurai seems to be taking some things from anime, especially with lucario. In the games the only aura based ability lucario can use is aura sphere. while it is thought as his sig move, there are a few other pokemon who can learn it, mostly legendarys. A translation of the events names shows the lucario event to called The Aura in Me, which is similar to lucario's "phrase" that he says before using aura, "The Aura is in Me." I think the true English translation will use this phrase.

If you have seen the lucario movie, than you know how amazing Lucario's ability to see aura is. He can see just about anything around him, and he seems to be able to "identify" people using aura. He mistakes Ash for Sir Aaron, claiming that there "Aura" was similar. It seems that sakuri has taken has used both abilitys, the second to determine friend from foe.

However, this slightly confuses me. If lucario is able to tell friend from foe with aura, than why does he fight MK? It is obvious that they are both fighters of honor and have gained each others respect. But why do they fight in the first place?
I think it might be that Meta Knight thinks Lucario is an enemy, and so he fights Lucario, and Lucario fights back, and then when Meta Knight realizes that Lucario isn't trying to hurt him, they stop fighting.

Wave Guiding Guardian

Smash Rookie

No offense, but you are mistaken, if you are saying that these abilities are not represented in the game. As I stated a few posts up, Lucario does have the ability to see aura, both in the game and in the anime, it is a vital part of his character, as described in his Pokedex entries.

"Diamond: It has the ability to sense the auras of all things. It understands human speech.
Pearl: By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements."

Now, I understand you may have just been stated that none of his moves show this ability, which is an aspect I can understand. However, even in that case I would be inclined to disagree because of naturally learned moves like Foresight and Detect, which seem to be what it's Pokedex entries are describing.

Once again, no offense intended whatsoever! I'm guessing you know a good bit about Pokemon as well, but if not then feel free to see my post a few posts up which describes a bit more about Lucario. :)

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
He's the next character in the order of who will be revealed. He's the next char update.

Top Bottom