• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas comes out of Nowhere - Discuss thread

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi

Well, now that lucas has finally got back from being dead, he is looking more fresher and better than ever!

discuss! what do you want to see from lucas, any combos, any new moves?

I know that his Ropesnake (Z-attack) will really come in handy for those who loves attack someone doing Pk thunder

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Hey hey! Everyone's favorite PSI ball of emotions is back in Smash 4.

Lucas comes back into the battle from Brawl as a downloadable character! He's currently slated for June, but this could change. Here's a thread you can use to speculate how Lucas will play, what his changes might be, all of that. Welcome back, Lucas! We missed you.

His Nair looks a LOT better, and that Dthrow looks interesting.

Also, there's no more grab-release shenanigans, so maybe he has a shot at being good? Only time can tell.

Legitimately considering dropping Ness for Lucas since I love him so much, though maybe I'm lying to myself.

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
I wanna see PM Lucas, just like how Pink Fresh handled him in 3.02 lol.

But on a more serious note, Ness already has Lucas' specials as customs. I don't really see what customs Lucas will use that don't play identically to Ness'...

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
It seems we've made conflicting threads. Not that big of a deal.

I just hope he's good, man. I love playing Ness but nothing fills that Usmash spaced void in my heart.

I was always better at Ness in PM but that's because I played him more. Lucas looks pretty good so far, nothing terrible.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, Lucas is back! So gonna be playing him when he comes back.

Anyone get that it was Lucas comes out of Nowhere because

he comes from the Nowhere Islands?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Sakurai!!! <3 <3 <3

Please!!!!! You're going to kill us with good news!

I really hope that all his costumes look as dope as the ones they showed off.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
Indeed that was a bair spike. Lucas looks better than ever and even though I didn't play as him much in Brawl I'm glad to see him back.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
But on a more serious note, Ness already has Lucas' specials as customs. I don't really see what customs Lucas will use that don't play identically to Ness'...
PK Freeze=Lucas' only move? PK Freeze is the only Lucas move I know Ness gets as a custom. And just from the trailer we can already see that Lucas plays differently to Ness, and since you're citing custom Ness as a reason to invalidate Lucas, why aren't you equally pondering about what custom Lucas will look like? Get hype, not the opposite.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, Lucas is back! So gonna be playing him when he comes back.

Anyone get that it was Lucas comes out of Nowhere because

he comes from the Nowhere Islands?
I got that reference, I did laugh at that point xD
it fits even more because lucas was never mentioned by smash until the trailer!

I knew that it was going to be Lucas in the trailer as soon as the Love Theme played!

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Congrats guys! It must feel so good! I knew it was only a matter of time before he made it back!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
LUUUUCAAAAAAAAAAAS

I was acting like a damn monkey when I saw the reveal, seriously.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm so happy that Lucas is returning, like I can't even right now. Can't wait for all his moves to be analyzed (did ya see the nice effect on his D-throw?).

Glorious day for Lucas players, fans, and whatever in between!

Falco_Phantasm

Smash Rookie
NNID
DexNexRex
3DS FC
1006-0212-8425
I feel like his moves seem more timed than rushed, he might be a harder character to manage (considering that back air)

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
I was initially okay with losing Lucas when the game first got released, since I dropped Lucas in Brawl for Ness. But with Smash 4, I want to give him a second chance and see how he bodes well with the new physics.

If anything, I can expect a lot of neat aerial combos, particularly with his fairs and nairs. I can also see a lot of combo set-ups from his dthrows and utilts, based on the trailer.

Spoa

Smash Cadet
NNID
iSmashbro
3DS FC
2251-5709-7722
A costume would have been cool, but Lucas didn't deserve an actual DLC roster slot.

... But I guess I shouldn't be too surprised considering they added Toon Link and Dark Pit

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This is a great day for Mother fans! The only thing that can top this is Mother 3 getting announced for Wii U VC... "How about this instead?"- Reggie says as he burns a Star Fox and Mother loving Nintendo fan alive.

I'm guessing that he'll come with New Pork City as a returning 8 Player Stage too.

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
That makes me wonder, will Lucas get new voice files like Ness? And the ones used in the trailer are just placeholders? Or will he just reuse his Brawl voice?

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I really think that Lucas will be great. That spike looks like it'll be annoyingly good, and his combos look great. I'm excited for when top level players put a bunch of time into Lucas and really make him top tier.

Although, he might suck, so that could throw all my hopes away.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if he'll be able to switch out for Ness's specials. If so, he'll probably need a voice clip for PK Flash. I guess we'll see if there are custom moves for DLC characters when Mewtwo comes out, (unless they've already said and I missed it). Who knows, maybe he'll even get his own variations.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I always enjoyed playing as him more then Ness, mostly due to him having a better neutral game due his faster attacks and higher number of disjoints and also because of his forward smash being a viable reflector.

I think it's pretty much a given that he's going to be a combo fiend in the Smash 4 engine.

Last edited:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
His tether looks a lot longer now so hopefully he'll have more recovery options because of it. Also, he seemed to have next to no lag after his down tilt so it seems like he could do some really neat combos? I just wonder if PK Freeze will continue to be worthless.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
His tether looks a lot longer now so hopefully he'll have more recovery options because of it. Also, he seemed to have next to no lag after his down tilt so it seems like he could do some really neat combos? I just wonder if PK Freeze will continue to be worthless.
I noticed that too. His grab looks leagues better, too.

Maybe Uthrow will kill?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Lucas pretty much looks like he'll be my main alongside Ness again. That's how good he looks.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Down tilt -> Grab -> Down Throw -> Nair?
Maybe that will work?

MajoraNess

Smash Rookie
NNID
MajoraNess
3DS FC
2492-4601-1795
LUCAS IS BACK BABY! Based on what we've seen from his trailer, it looks like Lucas has a TON of potential to be an excellent fighter- Hopefully up to the points of Sm4sh Ness. I've had some personal speculation- and I'd love to hear what the rest of you think. Leave your thoughts on Lucas here!

Soul.

His ZAir needs to deal damage. That could possibly help him.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
"Lucas comes out of Nowhere" is the most clever thing ever.
I mean, consider the fact that who came up with that tag actually knows who Lucas is.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I can at least relax now that Shaqurai (That's Sakurai in the Shaq version of April Fools) has developed multiple DLC fighters instead of one.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I remember when I first played Brawl I was pretty young, so when I saw Lucas and Ness my reaction was "who are these little kids? wtf?" and when I tried them and tried their up b only to fall to my death I naturally went "what **** characters!"

Oh how naive I was.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Lucas pretty much looks like he'll be my main alongside Ness again. That's how good he looks.
You and me both. I missed that Usmash so much.

Down tilt -> Grab -> Down Throw -> Nair?
Maybe that will work?
If Lucas ends up getting some good chains I'd be very interested in him. It'd be tricky to pick him up but it's be worth it.

Top Bottom