• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Downthrow Stagespike!

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Apparently, Ness' downthrow has a situational stagespike because of some characters' body shape. I did some testing with Lucas' too, and apparently it's true because of how the throw works!

When Lucas throws the opponent into the ground, hexagons come out and after that he stomps them. This stomp might actually spike occasionally! You must be some distance from the edge to pull this off. Not until there's a teetering animation, but not too far either. It's pretty exact and even idle animations can screw up this spacing. It only works on Battlefield and Smashville due to the shape of the stage.

Characters it works on (Battlefield):

:lucario:
:falco:
:yoshi:
:wolf:
:marth:
:jigglypuff:
:ness2:
:zerosuitsamus:
:ganondorf:
:pit:
:diddy:
:olimar:
:pikachu2:
:popo:
:kirby2:

Characters it works on (Smashville):

:snake:
:marth:
:falcon:
:ganondorf:
:pit:
:link:
:zelda:
:zerosuitsamus:

VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

Jelley

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't have posted a video if I were you, so then maybe a few people would probably try until they accomplished it, which would mean they would be trying for a loooooooooooooong time, and then I would have posted that video so they would realize they spent all of that time for nothing.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't have posted a video if I were you, so then maybe a few people would probably try until they accomplished it, which would mean they would be trying for a loooooooooooooong time, and then I would have posted that video so they would realize they spent all of that time for nothing.
I don't know what you're talking about. This is a legitimate, tried and true technique by me. And if this were a prank, I'd be the one choosing how to do it and I wouldn't be caring about what anyone else thinks :bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:

Top Bottom