• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Huh. So the effective change of Falcon's small F-Smash buff is that no angle and down angle can both kill 1% earlier, but up angled stays the same.

So Falcon's 1.0.8 f-smash KO %'s are
u - 91% n - 95% d - 100%

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
fellow diddy kong player says.... hi

Although tbh that nerf is incredibly slight and the characters set ups flow or anything weren't touched, so....heck, even your down air and burning spin dash were buffed LOL
weknowthatfeel.png

Dair buff is awesome, I'll acknowledge that, but I don't even care that much about customs, though (I don't even know what that buff is, lol).

Also, BSD was already nerfed hard in 1.0.6 and isn't nearly as useful now.

Last edited:

Peabnut Bubber

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peabnut124
3DS FC
2449-4746-6273
How about we stop complaining about nerfs and drop our characters continue using the characters we love and get better with them

-RedX-

Smash Lord
How is that the keyword? A throw should never be a free ticket for the opponent to punish you. Pretty sure anyone with a fast tech-in-place can.
If only about 6 characters can punish Sonic for Dthrowing them, then it isn't that big of a deal, unless those 6 characters happen to be some of the best in the game then tough luck.
I've gotten regrabbed by Sonic after a Dthrow tech so I'm a bit skeptical.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
If people actually knew something about the MU before going "yay sanic nerf YES", I wouldn't even bother replying here.

It's just that.. we get so much **** just for maining a character, specially Sonic, that sometimes it just gets to you, eventually.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, is every datamined difference going to be put onto the front page? There's also a few frame data differences such as Samus and Diddy's grab IASA alterations plus Mewtwo's neutral-air and Game and Watch's back-air landing reductions.

I suppose it'll take some time, aha.

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Quick question, is every datamined difference going to be put onto the front page? There's also a few frame data differences such as Samus and Diddy's grab IASA alterations plus Mewtwo's neutral-air and Game and Watch's back-air landing reductions.

I suppose it'll take some time, aha.
You did some awesome work! I was just wondering have you tested ZSS and her landing lag/grab?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Let's just hope that the next patch make the lower and mid tier characters a lot better and that would finally stop nerfing characters. I think we can agree with this.
Considering people keep complaining about top tiers and Sakurai's nerfing strategy seems to be based on whoever's winning japanese tournaments.....

I'd recommend people start dropping Sheik and ZSS

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
You did some awesome work! I was just wondering have you tested ZSS and her landing lag/grab?
Thank you!

Just tested all her grabs, normals, specials and aerials. Everything is exactly the same in terms of IASA / landing.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Considering people keep complaining about top tiers and Sakurai's nerfing strategy seems to be based on whoever's winning japanese tournaments.....

I'd recommend people start dropping Sheik and ZSS
Which is interesting since Sheik remain untouched and Villager got a buff (since the Balloon Trip nerf has not been confirm yet).

Last edited:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Which is interesting since Sheik remain untouched and Villager got a buff (since the Balloon Trip nerf has not been confirm yet).
Well, they lag behind about a month.

Diddy and Falcon were nerfed because zero won that tournament over there a while back.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Well, they lag behind about a month.

Diddy and Falcon were nerfed because zero won that tournament over there a while back.
Falcon wasn't nerfed, he's u-air was re-purposed. And Diddy won more tournaments that mattered than anyone else last patch. It wasn't just ZeRo

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Also, there's something bothering me about Ike's listed changes. I think forward-aerial did not get any landing reductions and the video showing it was just mis-timed.

I'm easily able to replicate results on Ike's up-air, down-air and neutral-air which has very obvious landing reductions. Ike's forward-aerial is exactly the same in landing, I'm 100% sure of it.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Which is interesting since Sheik remain untouched and Villager got a buff (since the Balloon Trip nerf has not be confirm yet).
That's the crazy thing that's throwing me off. How in the world did Shiek manage to get through this patch unscathed? Did all the top level Shiek mains arrange a secret meeting with Nintendo and payed them off so they wouldn't nerf their character? It's plain as day to see that Shiek is one of if not the best character in the game, and has been consistently dominating tournaments. I don't understand how a character that allows you to automatically win neutral just by virtue of playing that character against a not unsubstantial amount of match ups didn't get any sort of change.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Has Sheik really been dominating tournaments though? She really is quite tame as a top tier and I think her effects on the metagame are being exaggerated somewhat.

VSGC Results (no customs):

1) Shaky :4ness:
2) ESAM :4pikachu:
3) MVD :4diddy::4mario:
4) 8Bitman :4rob:
5) Dath :4robinf:
5) NickRiddle :4zss::4sheik:
7) Phuzix :4sheik:
7) True Blue :4sonic:

Last edited:

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Why even complain in this thread? No one here can change anything.

Two questions:
1) Did Mewtwo's Nair really get a recovery buff?
2) What the heck does the Mewtwo Usmash change mean? What does "-x" mean?

Snokros

Smash Cadet
lets be happy about the rest of the patch. cause it has a lot of good stuff in it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Also, there's something bothering me about Ike's listed changes. I think forward-aerial did not get any landing reductions and the video showing it was just mis-timed.

I'm easily able to replicate results on Ike's up-air, down-air and neutral-air which has very obvious landing reductions. Ike's forward-aerial is exactly the same in landing, I'm 100% sure of it.
How much lag did you record for dair just to be sure? Thanks!

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This patch is rather on-point. If Sheik continues to be a potential outlier, then Sheik will be dealt with appropriately. Between that and Sheik not really being that bad (yeah, Needles are dumb and fair is really strong, but in the big picture), I'm not worried about Sheik. (Or anyone else)

Eureka

Smash Ace
Has Sheik really been dominating tournaments though? She really is quite tame as a top tier and I think her effects on the metagame are being exaggerated somewhat.
I should point out that Shiek is the only character on that list who is listed more than once. Shiek has been a constant threat since day one and many people put her as the best character in the game. But to clarify what I said earlier, Sheik is not the only character dominating tournaments but she is definitely one of them. What really confuses me to why she didn't get nerfed though is that Shiek is at times simply not fun to play against. Take Marth for example, I absolutely hate playing Shiek as Marth. Marth can't wall her out due to the numerous tools she has to get in as well as a projectile to force Marth to approach, which is not what he wants to do. Whenever a character makes the game less fun to play that character usually gets nerfed, it's what happened with Rosalina in the first balance patch. Furthermore, Sakurai has gone on record saying he finds safe moves that slowly build up percent, Shiek's specialty, to be boring and not what Smash is about, so he'd have no reason to hold back. I guess I wouldn't be so stuck on that point if they didn't also nerf Falcon (Sakurai pls no moar) but I really like the rest of this patch, minus the Falcon and Diddy nerfs. It makes me smile to see the bottom and low tiers slowly shrink.

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
This patch is rather on-point. If Sheik continues to be a potential outlier, then Sheik will be dealt with appropriately. Between that and Sheik not really being that bad (yeah, Needles are dumb and fair is really strong, but in the big picture), I'm not worried about Sheik. (Or anyone else)
I don't know how you can say that when all these patches do are buff low tiers, nerf top tiers, fix bugs, add QoL improvements, fix stages, and generally speed up the game pace, with almost all of the focus being on 1v1, no items, multi-stage gameplay despite Smash as a whole encompassing many modes of play.

But seriously, Sakurai and his crew (un)surprisingly patch a lot better than a lot of other dev teams, some of which only have to care about one format of play anyway. I'm VERY pleased with these changes we're getting... minus the lack of patch notes.

But then again, if they were just handed to us... we'd never again have the satisfaction of giving a resounding "NO" to the 30th claim that Marth's fair "auto-cancels now". These threads are ART.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
How much lag did you record for dair just to be sure? Thanks!
I have reason to believe it's 24 frames. It has more landing than Link's up-air (23f), matches DK and Pits down-air (24f) but is faster than DK's up-air (25f). Unfortunately this is all I can do as I don't have a 60fps recording device.

If I was to do every one of Ike's aerials using comparisons between 2 devices, I get;

Neutral Aerial - 14 frames
Forward Aerial - 19 frames
Back Aerial - 19 frames

Up Aerial - 16 frames
Down Aerial - 24 frames

Still, I really need someone to check with a more accurate method.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
It's amazing how:4diddy:'s Up Air went from being one of the best Up Air's to one of the worst in just a span of a few patches. Complaining really can do amazing things.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'll start compiling 1.0.4 -> 1.0.6 notes tomorrow. I have all the files parsed and ready for comparison.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Mii Brawler and Mii Gunner seem the same in terms of lag numbers. Mii Swordfighter is the real champ of this patch. Jab1 has less lag, likely in accordance to how much faster Jab 1 and its jab 2 followup are, which is two frames if I'm understanding correctly? So, faster transition and faster IASA. Ftilt and Dash attack have slightly reduced lag, one or two frames. Dsmash is reduced by about five or six. And Fair by about three. It's his only change in aerial landing lag.

I'll check on the Mii fighters non-default specials tomorrow, as well as other stuff I may have neglected during tests. But I'm not gonna check every character's customs unless I have a good reason for believing there's a change.

D

Deleted member

Sheik B-Air got nerfed or the sweet spot is way harder to hit.
8% -> 7% ?

EDIT : The SweetSpot for 8% is now the tip of the feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eureka

Smash Ace
It's amazing how:4diddy:'s Up Air went from being one of the best Up Air's to one of the worst in just a span of a few patches. Complaining really can do amazing things.
I wouldn't say it's one of the worst, it's still a frame 4 up air that has good juggling capabilities. Many characters would be more than happy to have that up air.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
:ganondorf:
Ganon can't put as many ppl on platforms above him with grounded Gerudo, as he could pre-patch.
*Found by Ray Kalm.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Has frame canceling been removed? I've been trying to frame cancel Falco, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Diddy Kong's D-airs on the 3ds version and I haven't been able to perform it yet for any of these characters.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Has frame canceling been removed? I've been trying to frame cancel Falco, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Diddy Kong's D-airs on the 3ds version and I haven't been able to perform it yet for any of these characters.
I hitlag-landed a Marth tipper Bair yesterday at a tourney so yeah it's in.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Na it's still in here, I did it with falco on for glory few hours ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom