• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas/Sheik Matchup

Spice

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone,

I am having some difficulty with the Sheik matchup. My DI is not superb currently but I am getting better at it. However, I feel like no matter what I do I can't escape a lot of Sheik's combo pieces (like side tilt) and the tech chase makes it very difficult to escape too. It seems really polarizing, like whoever starts a combo can almost zero-to-death the other character if they are decent.

I can't really figure it out. Any advice, even stage recommendations, is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I have 4 advices:

1-) Play smart, Sheik can really destroy Lucas if you just approach without thinking first. DJC/SH Pk freeze is a good option for approaching, but don't rely on it the entire match though, you may leave an opening for her to approach.

2-) Work on your DI, specially if you get grabbed.

3-) Pressure her a lot and use Dair if she starts CCing your moves.

4-) Avoid stages where you have less room to move against Sheik, such as Yoshi's Story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom