• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament placement thread (SOMEONE ELSE MAKE A NEW ONE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Man... I dunno what happened to Lucas' tourney rank. It was around the middle of the list the first time I looked at it, but then it just skyrocketed down. WTF? He's belowso many characters that he's better than.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I keep getting 9th or lower... blah.
Trying again this weekend. Gotta beat Ness on the rankings.

Seanson

Smash Ace
the other list was the total rank, the new list is for a new season, and people just arent playing lucas this season as much. I'm going to a sizeable tourney this weekend in wisconsin and will definately do awesome!

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Going to a tourney in SoVa this weekend... probably gonna use Lucas alot and TL as a CP.... if I do use him and do well I'll let you all know

Trozz

Smash Ace
Lucas was about mid-rank on the Japanese chara-rankings. Quite a few people play him here in western canada, though they eventually get knocked out by the hordes of snakes, MKs, and g&ws.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
**** that sucks. In the last two tournament I went to I was knocked out by the same MK user twice and in the other one I was knocked out of winners by a Luigi and a Snake in losers.

I got to step-up my A-game because Foward is coming to the tournament here in Albuquerque.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Snake and MK, hate them. I can take down most MKs, but Snakes... augh. Why does his u-tilt have such toije;asiojeg;sojigsrnaif

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Lucas is much better against snake than a lot of other mid-low tiers and the matchup is very winnable. The key is in the jab.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Gah I got 7th at some random Ninja Monkey tourny. :( Granted I was hella tired and my muscles were sore from the gym, but no johns.

PS: A good way to beat Snake is grabbing Snake out of his UpB so he falls to his death. It's easier with Lucas because of his long grab range.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Of course it was "pedophile-ish" I just can't get enough of those boys and their beach-ball heads :p

gl man make us proud =)

Seanson

Smash Ace
At that tourney I went to last weekend I did decent, but I really thought I could have done better. Got 7th in singles out of about 35, and 2nd in teams out of about 17. Tourney runner usually doesnt post results so I cant provide a link, but it was Articuno Confirmed for Brawl.

Also theres a tourney bi-weekly tomorrow that will include some IA and SD and MN, so it should be hopefully near 30 people, I will do good since MN's best 2 smashers are at FAST in Florida. I should take 1st in teams for sure

Seanson

Smash Ace
This weekend I got 3rd at the biweekly tournament in brawl singles, brawl doubles, and melee singles. Brawl singles was out of 23, and the tournament runner guy usually doesnt make result threads so I'll just copy them here.

Brawl Singles

1 Disciple
2 ShrinkRay
3 Seanson
4 Deepak
5 Neo Magic
5 Sparrow
7 Bluewolf
7 SDM
9 Ulti
9 Big Tuna
9 GreenBunny
9 56k
13 FireWulf
13 Vaan
13 Nappy
13 Slivr
17 King.Wobby.
17 Bye
17 Nold
17 R1ngo
17 Revengska
17 Spinr
17 Bombr

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9525/st...3singlesxe8.png

Seanson

Smash Ace
hope so ;)

also, i got a bunch of sets recorded from that tourney (one i won was against a snake) so later this week hopefully they'll be getting up. i think some are up that someone else captured let me find the links...

Me against SDM (ROB)
game 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLrEn9KdJhQ
game 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryOzWiuQNbo

Me against Sparrow (ZSS)
game 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XBnfvo0WMA
game 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLYaMJ4GrP8 (boring, 6:51 long)
game 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bnrgn6FDJQ

those 2 sets are the ones before losers semis. I won losers semis and captured, and I also have losers finals captured, but I lost.

not sure if i should bother putting these links in the video thread, it hasnt been updated for months

Seanson

Smash Ace
bumpity bump

Got 1st today in a small brawl tourney (27 entrants), but sadly it wasn't for money. It is so frustrating, because the last tournament I won was also for no money. When money is involved, I seem to do a lot worse. :confused:

Trozz

Smash Ace
When money is involved, people get more motivated to do what they can to break everyone with the cheapest characters/playstyles. Got any vids if your games?

Seanson

Smash Ace
The person recording left before brawl singles finished, so I only have fights up to the one before winers semis I think.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
ZMan:

1. Instead of requesting the thread be constantly bumped, why not request a sticky? Even better :)

2. Let's all try to make sure these tournament results are getting to Ankoku to keep lucas climbing the unofficial tier list.

3. Front page needs an update.

Awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom