• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Vs The School of Scrubs

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
So there's a brawl tourny at my school friday, and I'm about 98% sure that I'll be the only non scrub there. My question is what are some good tactics against scrubs?. I already plan on spamming pk fire, charging upsmashes and being prepared for Pits and MetaKnights.

Anything i'm missing? Tips?
Thanks guys

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i was planning on sheild grabbing and shorthopping nairs out of sheilds like it's nobody's business

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Scrubs have no idea what to do about PKT2. A lot of times you can spam it all over the place and they won't know how to avoid it.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
PSI Magnet absorbs Pit's arrows. But you probably already knew that. SH aerials, USmash, and PK Fire Spam should all **** appropriately.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
How well do you think PKT would KO scrubs? It's surprisingly good at killing cpus, off the stage that is

Trozz

Smash Ace
Get good with PKT2 so you can slide across the stage. Go for speed. Scrubs don't air dodge, u-smash your way to victory.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
@Galeon: Exactly, brawl is so scrub friendly that I have to think about it beforehand what I'm going to do.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
Mmmm, I`ve used the search function and I have found nothing . . .

What does the term "scrubs" mean?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Basically people who take the phrase "playing for fun" pretty far and call winners cheap or make annoying johns. Or just noobs.

Shibby

Smash Journeyman
University of Minnesota (Green Bay Wisconsin in Su
So there's a brawl tourny at my school friday, and I'm about 98% sure that I'll be the only non scrub there. My question is what are some good tactics against scrubs?. I already plan on spamming pk fire, charging upsmashes and being prepared for Pits and MetaKnights.

Anything i'm missing? Tips?
Thanks guys
I got one tonight in my dorm room so I'll let you know how that goes. Pretty sure I should be able to spank everyone.

Alright so I just won both tournaments at my Dorm Hall

There was a Free-For-All and a 1v1

both brackets

anyways, the only advice I have is get your spacing down and don't be afraid to spam PK fire to stay alive in FFA

supercake

Smash Apprentice
Don't get careless. I cant say how many times Ive been ahead by 1+ stock against someone who has no idea what there doing but then relax and after a few unlucky hits its level again.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice everyone, but the tourny pretty much fell through.

There was about 8 people there, they wanted to play free for all with items on for a few hours, then a bunch of people left and there was just 4 of us, so no actual tourny happened.

Which I would have won... xP

Top Bottom