• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Don't worry- I can't tell you how many times I've gone from despising/being indifferent to a character to adoring them. I'm pretty sure at least half my best characters this time around were ones I couldn't care less about before (especially the KI ones).
That's true.

But what makes it especially (happily) sad in hindsight is that they got me into an entire series, ironically because I hated them. My loyalty to :mewtwopm: was second to no other character, and since that day happened to be a hope spot for an extremely coincidental theory I had, it makes it all the worse.

But hey, at least that day is now my favorite day in speculation.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
That's how I felt about any character not named Lucas.:sick: I didn't hate anyone, necessarily, but I couldn't get as hyped initially because I was worried about my favorite character in the franchise not returning (and rightfully so, apparently:sadeyes:). I've opened up now to others though, and I think Robin might even surpass my Lucas.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Surely, in this thread of all places, I can say that :4lucina: is the best character in this game...and no one disagree?
Right? Right.
That's right :grin:

If you want we can comment of the usefulness of Shield Breaker, the good aerials, the strong smash attacks and so on :grin:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That's true.

But what makes it especially (happily) sad in hindsight is that they got me into an entire series, ironically because I hated them. My loyalty to :mewtwopm: was second to no other character, and since that day happened to be a hope spot for an extremely coincidental theory I had, it makes it all the worse.

But hey, at least that day is now my favorite day in speculation.
If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that story.

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Heyo. I'm maining Lucina as my first foray into competitive smash, enjoying her a lot! One thing i figured out just today that works for me is shorthopping into a shield breaker on a close opponent, they usually seem to not expect the suddenness, since it's a usually very close move, I've been pretty successful so far. Just a thought

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I find this to be highly relevant now.
BroTP!
Heyo. I'm maining Lucina as my first foray into competitive smash, enjoying her a lot! One thing i figured out just today that works for me is shorthopping into a shield breaker on a close opponent, they usually seem to not expect the suddenness, since it's a usually very close move, I've been pretty successful so far. Just a thought
Good luck. From one competive player to another. Also, thanks for the advice.

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Yeah, it's actually really easy to do too, just make sure you let go of the direction towards your opponent before you start the attack, I've ended up whiffing a first dancing blade instead of using shield breaker a few times because of that.
I'm looking for basic advice, too, if anyone has any.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm still deciding what Amiibos I'll be getting. I'm hoping they do some for the alts (as in Alph and the Koopalings, not necessarily things like goggles Pikachu). I'd gladly get a male Robin one, but I really want a female Robin one.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm still deciding what Amiibos I'll be getting. I'm hoping they do some for the alts (as in Alph and the Koopalings, not necessarily things like goggles Pikachu). I'd gladly get a male Robin one, but I really want a female Robin one.
I mostly want :4robinm: and :4lucina:. So I can be like Dark Helmet.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Crack. Pure crack.
Some time later

*Lucina is hitting her head again a poll. Suddenly she hears thuds coming from next to her, looks over and sees Morgan also banging her head against a poll*

Morgan: Oh hey, Mother, you trying to get memories back too?

Lucina: Actually, sweetheart, I am trying to lose some. I found some things out I'd rather no remember.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Some time later

*Lucina is hitting her head again a poll. Suddenly she hears thuds coming from next to her, looks over and sees Morgan also banging her head against a poll*

Morgan: Oh hey, Mother, you trying to get memories back too?

Lucina: Actually, sweetheart, I am trying to lose some. I found some things out I'd rather no remember.
Is it bad that I'm picturing her saying that to Morgan with a smile on her face?

Zero Suit Wario is tame compared to those two.
I still think Zero Suit Wario is worse.
I'm going to need some fluff. @GhostPanda1314 I'm looking at you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom