• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
ORAS will be out before new 3ds gets localized

unless you literally meant 7th gen

edit:

Aversa best waifu, while you're on the subject of shipping
I meant literally 7th gen. OR/AS and presumably Z/X2 and Y2/whatever the third Kalos thing is will be on old 3DS, but I'd be shocked if the next whole generation doesn't move to the new 3DS, unless they pull another fifth gen and have two gens on the same system (granted, I think the 3DS wasn't out yet or just out in the B/W days).

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Remember when I said that Lucina had become the ultimate waifu thanks to her costumes in Smash Bros? Well I have a pic that essentially goes along with what I had said. FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS!!!

Waifuception! :surprised: <3

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
So update, after testing, I think that while I am getting the animation for the second Fair, (and sounds etc), I think that the frame where the actual hit-box occurs doesn't come out at all. I'm sad. :( Anyways, I still hope the C-stick will achieve the goal.

Shaymikyu

Remember when I said that Lucina had become the ultimate waifu thanks to her costumes in Smash Bros? Well I have a pic that essentially goes along with what I had said. FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS!!!

Waifuception! :surprised: <3
But there's no Olivia! I'm willing to bet some people married Olivia. I guess there's pink-haired F!Robin?

I'm torn on Lucina's colors, because Sumia is my favorite character out of those, but I like the colors on Nowicina the most, but I also like the dragon emblem on Tikicina's cape.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Argh, it's awful to be a completionist... The third panel challenges of Smash Run, Custom items, Multiman Melee, Classic and All-Star don't leave me with much time to play with Lucina... There's so many characters! XD

That's also the reason that I didn't play online yet u.u

Shaymikyu

Argh, it's awful to be a completionist... The third panel challenges of Smash Run, Custom items, Multiman Melee, Classic and All-Star don't leave me with much time to play with Lucina... There's so many characters! XD

I think the third page of challenges is my Kryptonite. Many of them are brutal, but I want to finish them because I'm a perfectionist. I haven't touched the hammers because I'm afraid if I use them on one, I'll be stuck on another.

EDIT: Cruel Smash is mean, by the way. Also, on the Rival Smash one where it says to get 10 KOs, does that mean 10 more than your opponent? I've gotten 10+ before and it did nothing.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
But there's no Olivia! I'm willing to bet some people married Olivia. I guess there's pink-haired F!Robin?

I'm torn on Lucina's colors, because Sumia is my favorite character out of those, but I like the colors on Nowicina the most, but I also like the dragon emblem on Tikicina's cape.
Yeah, it's a shame there is no Olivia costume colours for Lucina. Oh well, can't have them all I suppose. :p

Honestly, I prefer Lucina's default colors. Call me boring all you want but I prefer Lucina just the way she is, just as I remember her from Fire Emblem: Awakening. That's not to say I'm very happy with the selection of costume colours they choose for her, especially the extra little effort the put into the Tiki and Tharja colors with they're respective emblems on her cape. Loved the little touches they did there! <3 For a character that is considered an extra, they sure put a lot of thought and effort into her colours and designs for said colours.

Shaymikyu

Tharja's has a special cape too? I'll have to go through all the colors. I know Nowi's has hearts on her boots.

And that's not boring. Lucina looks perfectly fine on her own, plus she matches her mask taunt color-wise better.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

I feel your pain sadly. I'm quite the completionist myself and trying to 100% the third panel of challenges seems extremely lofty, not to mention time consuming. Hasn't given me much time to brush up on my mains, which is a shame, but I try to have a healthy balance between training, online and completing the third panel of challenges.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Tharja's has a special cape too? I'll have to go through all the colors. I know Nowi's has hearts on her boots.

And that's not boring. Lucina looks perfectly fine on her own, plus she matches her mask taunt color-wise better.
It sure does! On the cape, it shows the symbol or emblem of Grima on it, similar to Robin's sleeves. And HOLY CRAP! I didn't know that there were hearts on the Nowi colour costume! :surprised: Such detail! Much wow!

Ah, well thank you for understanding and for proving my point. That's another reason why I enjoy her default costume over the other palette swaps. ^_^

Shaymikyu

It sure does! On the cape, it shows the symbol or emblem of Grima on it, similar to Robin's sleeves. And HOLY CRAP! I didn't know that there were hearts on the Nowi colour costume! :surprised: Such detail! Much wow!

Ah, well thank you for understanding and for proving my point. That's another reason why I enjoy her default costume over the other palette swaps. ^_^
I just saw the hearts on some render rips on another site. Here it is, for reference. And yeah, the details in this game are amazing! I'll have to try the Tharja one once. While I'm meh towards the character, the mark of Grima is one of my favorite emblems in the game.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
EDIT: Cruel Smash is mean, by the way. Also, on the Rival Smash one where it says to get 10 KOs, does that mean 10 more than your opponent? I've gotten 10+ before and it did nothing.
Exactly, 10 more than your opponent... There's also another similar but with 50+ KOs

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I have a feeling I'll be using a hammer on these. I can barely get 1-2 over them.
I actually didn't find that challenge to be quite difficult honestly. I used Lucina and found myself well ahead of my rival by quite a bit surprisingly. Maybe I just had good luck or RNG, not really sure, but I got through it pretty easily. I suppose I should count myself as lucky then. :p

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
I have a feeling I'll be using a hammer on these. I can barely get 1-2 over them.
I actually didn't find that challenge to be quite difficult honestly. I used Lucina and found myself well ahead of my rival by quite a bit surprisingly. Maybe I just had good luck or RNG, not really sure, but I got through it pretty easily. I suppose I should count myself as lucky then. :p
I used Lucina too, I spammed UTilt in a side of the stage and if the Miis appeared on the other side FAir... Stay moving and Smash Attack the rival sometimes hehe :D

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I'll try Lucina. She got me through hard All Star, so that's not impossible at all.

EDIT: I swear they intentionally run to the rival.

EDIT 2: Did the 10 KO challenge. Have yet to get even one KO on Cruel, though.

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
I have 5 KOs in Cruel... It's really really difficult and I was very lucky... 3 miis were in the right platform and I was fleeing, so Lucina's FSmash, roll, another FSmash (to the 2 that were chasing me) and DTilt in the edge... They died and the new ones killed me fast, very fast...

Last edited:

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
From the very start of my cruel mode, I was juggled around by the miis as Lucina and then got smashed into oblivion. Never tried it since.

Nice work getting 5 KOs though!

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
From the very start of my cruel mode, I was juggled around by the miis as Lucina and then got smashed into oblivion. Never tried it since.

Nice work getting 5 KOs though!
Thanks but I'm still juggled around and smashed to oblivion many times hehe

Normally I got only 1 KO, definitely this mode is more difficult that in Brawl and Melee...

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
Alright guys it's official, I got a KO in cruel mode!

Oh man I got two KOs! This must be my lucky day. Thank you counter!

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's a shame there is no Olivia costume colours for Lucina. Oh well, can't have them all I suppose. :p

Honestly, I prefer Lucina's default colors. Call me boring all you want but I prefer Lucina just the way she is, just as I remember her from Fire Emblem: Awakening. That's not to say I'm very happy with the selection of costume colours they choose for her, especially the extra little effort the put into the Tiki and Tharja colors with they're respective emblems on her cape. Loved the little touches they did there! <3 For a character that is considered an extra, they sure put a lot of thought and effort into her colours and designs for said colours.
Me too. I usually use the default, sometimes I'll use the Cherche costume.

Lucina's aesthetics have me half wishing they'd left her as an alt for Marth, perhaps with 16 skins like they did with Mac. I don't like Marth's new costumes at all :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So update, after testing, I think that while I am getting the animation for the second Fair, (and sounds etc), I think that the frame where the actual hit-box occurs doesn't come out at all. I'm sad. :( Anyways, I still hope the C-stick will achieve the goal.
We have buffering in this game so the notion of being able to execute moves at frame preciseness is pretty feasible. Unfortunately double fair isn't a thing, but you're right that we can have the second one start to come out, but we aren't in the air long enough to get it to start (it's frame 6).

In other words, Marth/Lucina's short hop time is between 37 and 43 frames :)

There is a scenario where you can get double fair out low to the ground, and that's from a ledge drop jump. It's definitely a risky thing to do though if the opponent expects it (an aerial from an M/L coming up from the ledge? never happened!)

Funnily enough it looks like we're literally 1 frame short of being able to have up air come out instead. And based off of that, I'd say Marth and Lucina's short hop is 41 frames long.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Just don't abuse it.
Agreed.
Also, what's going on with this thread? Are we splitting it up into social and general threads or what?
ORAS will be out before new 3ds gets localized

unless you literally meant 7th gen

edit:

Aversa best waifu, while you're on the subject of shipping
She comes too way late into the game to be a possibility for me.
@ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu The Metriod Prime games are definitely the best ones. Play those.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
We have buffering in this game so the notion of being able to execute moves at frame preciseness is pretty feasible. Unfortunately double fair isn't a thing, but you're right that we can have the second one start to come out, but we aren't in the air long enough to get it to start (it's frame 6).

In other words, Marth/Lucina's short hop time is between 37 and 43 frames :)

There is a scenario where you can get double fair out low to the ground, and that's from a ledge drop jump. It's definitely a risky thing to do though if the opponent expects it (an aerial from an M/L coming up from the ledge? never happened!)

Funnily enough it looks like we're literally 1 frame short of being able to have up air come out instead. And based off of that, I'd say Marth and Lucina's short hop is 41 frames long.
I was thinking that this would have been the case. Anyways, Im impressed that we already have frame data! At least some of it. Is it posted anywhere? It would be great to study it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm constantly posting tidbits in that stickied thread Marth/Lucina coalition thing~
Although I haven't been double checking on Lucina these things yet, I'm yet to have any indication there's any differences in their frame data. But will do a rough double check once I'm confident/done.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm constantly posting tidbits in that stickied thread Marth/Lucina coalition thing~
Although I haven't been double checking on Lucina these things yet, I'm yet to have any indication there's any differences in their frame data. But will do a rough double check once I'm confident/done.
I will have to go over that thread in more detail then and take notes. I've always been interested in frame data but never got through to actually study it. I want that to be different in this game. with that said, what equipment is normally used to analyze these sort of things? If I'm not mistaken the game is 60fps, so some sort of recording device that has that functionality is what I imagine would be used.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I will have to go over that thread in more detail then and take notes. I've always been interested in frame data but never got through to actually study it. I want that to be different in this game. with that said, what equipment is normally used to analyze these sort of things? If I'm not mistaken the game is 60fps, so some sort of recording device that has that functionality is what I imagine would be used.
I wish I had a recording device for my 3DS...
Does Lucina's mask taunt change color depending on her palette?

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Agreed.
Also, what's going on with this thread? Are we splitting it up into social and general threads or what?
I have no idea, depends on what the mods say I guess. I think for now its fine to go off topic here, just that we can't be OT 100% of the time. We need to actually talk about smash just as much as we talk about other things.

Though if I I am wrong please correct me.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm just lucky I have a modded 3DS that has a recording output ability. I don't even own the 3DS, I was lent it by somebody. It's a different region 3DS as well, so I had issues buying the game off the e-shop and stuff, but it all worked out.

So yeah, while I know how to use it, I wasn't the one to get it.
And yes, I set it to record or show things at 60fps.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I have no idea, depends on what the mods say I guess. I think for now its fine to go off topic here, just that we can't be OT 100% of the time. We need to actually talk about smash just as much as we talk about other things.

I'm pretty sure that's what it means. This a Social Thread after all.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wish I had a recording device for my 3DS...
Does Lucina's mask taunt change color depending on her palette?
I think it does, but I've only ever used tha Tharja palette so I can't be sure.

I'm just lucky I have a modded 3DS that has a recording output ability. I don't even own the 3DS, I was lent it by somebody. It's a different region 3DS as well, so I had issues buying the game off the e-shop and stuff, but it all worked out.

So yeah, while I know how to use it, I wasn't the one to get it.
And yes, I set it to record or show things at 60fps.
I would kill for that, but I already have a device to record the Wii U anyway :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

You could be off topic here 100% of the time, that doesn't phase me either. But there's more to life/the lucina boards than just awakening right? RIGHT? What about the weather? Pretty crazy, huh? Wow that sky sure is blue, who knew! :p

I would kill for that, but I already have a device to record the Wii U anyway :p
I have two =) But I will need to buy myself at least a single WiiU at some point... soon.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Ah having a modded 3DS for that is great @ Shaya Shaya . For some reason, I thought you recorded with a camera... I was mistaken. Now it makes more sense though. If you need help with frame data at any point let me know, I'm willing to learn/help.

What about the weather?
I'm not used to the cold! It's 60 degrees here and I'm with earmuffs. My co-workers and I joked about that earlier. However, I am from an island with >90 degree F temperatures throughout the year and almost 100% humidity, so it makes sense.

I need to buy a capture device for my Wii U once the Smash version is close to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom