• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucrio Uthrow->Fair combo

GerudoKong

Smash Apprentice
Hi board, I recently tried picking up Lucario because he seems interesting and is fun to play. One of the combos I've heard from a guide (don't remember which one in particular, it was a while back) is supposed to be uthrow->fair at low % opponents with low aura. I got this to work in training mode, but when trying it on actual players, it was airdodged almost every time. Am I doing something wrong like doing it too slow, or is this not a true combo? If it's not a true combo, what works as a better option? Thanks in advance.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
They may be DI-ing just enough that they have enough time to pull off an air dodge. I personally prefer U-throw > U-air > U-air > B-air/F-air (if their damage is low enough) because in my experiences my opponents either do the same thing or move behind me slightly after the throw. You could try D-throw because in my experiences, they are placed directly in front/above you after the throw, which will open up a better opportunity for F-air combos. They may still air dodge but if they do and you land another grab, you can simply stand still while they air dodge and fall back to the ground because they'll think you'll follow up with some aerials, then you can follow up with some tilts/jabs. Sometimes switching from quick and aggressive to slow and perceptive out of nowhere in the middle of a match can really throw off your foes. This latter tactic works very well against players who try to counter as well =P

Last edited:

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Almost always go for an up air rather than a fair at low percents. Fair's knockback is too high while Up air's is just right to follow up with another or a fair.

However in my experience, going for an up air at low percents from up throw is a little frame tight and you'll more than likely get a jump canceled up smash rather than up air since you have to buffer it.

Steam

Smash Hero
Not a true combo. Uair is better, and d-throw to fair is better to start a link of fairs.
dthrow isn't reliable because if the opponent just DIs away lucario can't follow it up at all. It's only really viable as a mixup when your opponent has been DIing upthrow behind you.

Top Bottom