• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luc's punish game, lets break this **** down (prep stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Been playing a lot of DoTa and Warcraft 3 lately, and he's told me that he's felt in a slump with Lucario lately.

Omg what's his username? I love DotA.

Lol, People don't give Lucario enough credit when it comes to teams. He is actually not bad, just have to play him differently.
I concur. Although, recently my stance is to challenge anyone he says "Lucario can't do ____."

Timbers

check me out
timbers, put me in the back room. heres a link to some of my videos, if that helps.

http://allisbrawl.com/video/videos.aspx?aid=8239

The only recent ones are 2v2 matches, and lucario blows in teams... but its better than nothing i guess.
is that Wario your usual team partner?

If so high five, the Luc/Wario combination is probably the best Lucario is ever going to find. They team so well together.
Lol, People don't give Lucario enough credit when it comes to teams. He is actually not bad, just have to play him differently.
He's average in teams really. His performance is dependent on how well his partner does due to aura modifiers.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace

I probably can't help much due to not really knowing good punish opportunities.

The last punish I did was with Bowser against a Marth (he claims he was on the phone...right...), and it was when he jumped my Fire breath and I dodged away and Fsmashed his head in.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
he must have been to fall for a punish like that >_>

The last punish I did was Retreating then Fsmash.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
I saw teams come up and had to comment as well.

Wario is a GREAT lucario partner, it may time some time playing together but there are some fundamental things about the way Wario moves that makes him great. First off, almost all of his moves have a very predictable launch trajectory. Hitting people back and fourth is so easy. A bite to Usmash to bite to Usmash works surprisingly well as long as the first smash isn't hit during the initial part of the move. his sh is just high enough to get over an AS which allows wario to move ever so gracefully around a charging Lucario and remain unscathed.

Anyway, i'll go back to my trolling and let those with more time and skill continue to develop lucario

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Okay this thread really isn't going anywhere. We need some form of order in this thread and actual discuss punishing options. So to start this off, I've got some scenarios.

Which would be best to punish an opponent who goes above the edge when they recover.

Falco's Phantasm

DK's Up b

MK's Drill/Shuttle Loop

Peach's Parasol

Marth's Dolphin Slash

Pikachu's Skullbash/Quick attack

you can insert anything else. But Let's talk about those.

What moves should we use if say an opponent missed a tech if they are on a platform or under a platform in front of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom