• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Alt. Costumes Thread

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
What if Luigi had an Alt. costume for Dr. Luigi. Just a thought. It could be really interesting.
Before anyone says it, they included Fire Peach from Super Mario 3D World, a game that just came out, so they obviously don`t care about if it was released after Brawl.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yes, finally someone with a sense of logic around here. There are others, but you have some pretty strong logic right there.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
For anyone who doesn't know what Dr. Luigi looks like, here's a pic.
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/6/69/Dr._Luigi_Artwork_-_Dr._Luigi.png

You could use those so swag L-Vitamins to go over his fireballs. And you could put an electric effect on his sweet-spotted super jump punch and Green Missile. You don't have to the electric effects, but I feel like it's important that the L-vitamins go over his fireball, NOT the regular Mega vitamins. The L-vitamins should go over his fireball texture. Also, it shouldn't be hard to the electric effects, considering you did it Dr. Mario's forward smash. I think it would make more sense for Dr. Luigi and be cool too. What do you guys think of my L-Vitamins and electric effects on sweet-spotted Super Jump Punch and Green Missile? Please reply. Thanks!!!:)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
For anyone who doesn't know what Dr. Luigi looks like, here's a pic.
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/6/69/Dr._Luigi_Artwork_-_Dr._Luigi.png

You could use those so swag L-Vitamins to go over his fireballs. And you could put an electric effect on his sweet-spotted super jump punch and Green Missile. You don't have to the electric effects, but I feel like it's important that the L-vitamins go over his fireball, NOT the regular Mega vitamins. The L-vitamins should go over his fireball texture. Also, it shouldn't be hard to the electric effects, considering you did it Dr. Mario's forward smash. I think it would make more sense for Dr. Luigi and be cool too. What do you guys think of my L-Vitamins and electric effects on sweet-spotted Super Jump Punch and Green Missile? Please reply. Thanks!!!:)
They said something about Mario being an exception when it comes to the fireball texture. I don`t know if it`s technically possible to change his fireball texture as that is an article and not something attached to that character.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hmmm... good point. BUT, if Luigi's fireball has copied code of Mario's fireball, then they could do the same thing they did with Mario's, which is cause it to load exclusively based on Dr. Luigi's costume. I really think that a Back roomer should see this. Favorably, Shell. I feel like he's kind of the head of the whole thing. You know where he hangs out on the forums so that I can point him here?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hmmm... good point. BUT, if Luigi's fireball has copied code of Mario's fireball, then they could do the same thing they did with Mario's, which is cause it to load exclusively based on Dr. Luigi's costume. I really think that a Back roomer should see this. Favorably, Shell. I feel like he's kind of the head of the whole thing. You know where he hangs out on the forums so that I can point him here?
I don`t see shell very often but I think that if any PMBR member sees this and thinks it`s a good idea they`ll let the rest of the team know about it. the "official" alternate costume discussion thread is the best place to go as PMBR members are more likely to look at a thread with over 100 pages of discussion then some random`s thread in the character discussion. There has actually been some talk in there about doctor Luigi recently too.

meow

Smash Apprentice
I didn't even know about Dr. Luigi, I'm ashamed to be a Luigi fan. Anyways if not the PMBR, one of the talented people on Brawl Vault will do it eventually.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Ice flower luigi would be cool, change it to ice effects as well.
Also hammer bro powered up luigi would be fun, his fireballs already kinda travel like a hammer (that defies gravity)

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I think any of the Mario Party 2 costumes would be cool, if they do any I personally would prefer Space Land Luigi.
upload_2014-3-27_13-15-29.jpeg

Top Bottom