• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LUIGI CAN FLY: Hyrule Jump

paralasalud

Smash Ace
man, what are the chances of that ever happening again... lol. nice.

also, "first post" ...really? i thought people only did that on youtube.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
Impressive, did you plan that?
Yes, i did.. but this was actually my third time trying to do it (in the vid i have 2 stocks remaining, the first 2 were my first attempts at this jump). Previously I had spent like 20 mins working on the regular reverse hyrule jump (bottom platform to far right ledge) until i could get it everytime without a misfire. At some point i happened to get 4 misfires in a row(!?!) and started thinking of the possibilities. Thanks guys, glad you like the video.

psyche: i didn't use redbull, but i doubt luigi would pass a drug test. you know he's straight trippin during his final smash :chuckle: LUIGI FTW

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
Hyrul is messed up in that area I have also seen this done with about like 8 other characters. But still I have to give you props becasue this is the first time that I have seen luigi do it.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That really took me by surprise. I still don't understand how you managed to propel yourself up at the end. As for other characters doing that I know that Snake and ROB can. Pit probably can too. Snake can do some insane stuff like that though. I was even able to do a Corneria jump.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That really took me by surprise. I still don't understand how you managed to propel yourself up at the end. As for other characters doing that I know that Snake and ROB can. Pit probably can too. Snake can do some insane stuff like that though. I was even able to do a Corneria jump.
Notice i never used my double jump while doing all the over-B's. As soon as i knew i had made it under the bottom tip of that lower island, i immediately used the jump and then down-B (the jump gives you the upward momentum you need to acheive maximum height from the cyclone - you have to press B as fast as possible)

I know that snake's getback is great, but without c4 i don't think he can do this jump. ROB's getback is even better, he might be able to do this, but i haven't tried. It would be really close.

Zarez

Smash Cadet
This is a different Hyrule jump. The other may have been done using 8 characters. It starts from the lowest point of the level and ends at the point farthest to the right. The one shown here starts off where the other jump ends, and goes under and beyond where it starts.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
This different than the traditional Hyrule jump but I was able to do almost the exact same thing with Snake. The only difference being that I ended the jump at the higher edge that's the furthest to the left on the level. I did have to use C4 multiple times but it was still very difficult. Getting under that lowest point had a very small window to use the C4 plus I had to be at the exact right percent so I would get enough boost not too die but not ricochete off the bottom of that block of land.

bioniclekid8

Smash Cadet
O
M
F
G
W
T
H
L
O
L
B
B
Q :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu :psycho::lick::confused::dizzy:

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
This different than the traditional Hyrule jump but I was able to do almost the exact same thing with Snake. The only difference being that I ended the jump at the higher edge that's the furthest to the left on the level. I did have to use C4 multiple times but it was still very difficult. Getting under that lowest point had a very small window to use the C4 plus I had to be at the exact right percent so I would get enough boost not too die but not ricochete off the bottom of that block of land.
i spent like 15 minutes trying that last night (first time brawl has been in the wii in like 2 weeks - melee ftw!) and was able to go from the right side to the left, but i was going to try to go completely around the level and end up where i started.. after i made it above the far opposite ledge, i had too much damage and the last c4 sent me off the stage haha

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
not only that, but luigi can fly in other ways too, you know.

and, as a result of this, this pic was created.

:D

Amide

Smash Lord
That video was full of win. But seriously, that should've taken forever to plan.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I was just gonna say this vid is kinda lame cause you only went to the first platform, but then you BLEW MY ****ING MIND

Lol but for real thats crazy.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I was gonna call you out on the gratuitous bump. But 15 beers, I know how that goes, no probs bud.

edit: come to think of it, this is probably unwarranted. But hey, 3 glasses of whiskey, you know how that goes.

Top Bottom