• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi does not approve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi

Hello there! I'm Bluz from Stack Smash, and I'm here to introduce to you guys a new fighter, Waluigi! Just like Project Primid, the base of the character is an Alloy (Red One).

As you can see in the above picture, he can now fight too! Using his tennis racket, he'll pwn some n00bs. :laugh:

Since I saw all those model replacements, I wanted to give it a shot, and look, this Waluigi looks perfect! (The poses and etc.) But he does have problems too...like the running animations that do not move.

You can find more information of how to do this by reading the Project Primid thread. And, just like Thunderspam, I need help. If someone wants to participate on this project, just make a reply or PM me.

Captain Falcon's/Red Alloy's animations fit Waluigi very well. I think I'll leave most of the C.Falcon animations to him. In the pictures you can see that there are no bone distortions and such.

For people wanting to help, here's a short to-do list (lol, I'm copying Thunderspam whole topic) :

- Find a way to grab cliffs.
- Fix the walking bug
- Think of a moveset (Ideas anyone?)
- Balance the character
- Make him get items

Also, I've been getting random freezes some moments when I play as the alloy. The game freezes at the "3 2 1 BEEEEEEEEEEP". Sometimes you can play for some seconds, then freeze. Anyone knows the solution? I was playing as him fine until I got those random errors. That's why there are few pics :(

THIS PROJECT IS CURRENTLY PAUSED. I WILL RESUME IT WHEN PHARROX TOOL COME OUT.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
You know the animation used for throwing trophy stands in SSE? Use that for SOMETHING. That's all I've got to say :p

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You got him to work? Sweet. I didn't think to try things on the alloys. This looks fun, and surprisingly decent with the CF/alloy animations.

I'll follow this thread, although I can't help with any of those issues to fix.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Side B should be like peach's but with only the tennis racket, it should be high BKB low Damage/KBG
Down B should stick them into the ground
Dsmash should be the stomping animation of his AT, great for use with DownB, but make sure it isn't OP.
His upB should be a version of Egg throw where he hits tennis balls, but it would have differences obviously (<-awesome)

Thats all I have at the moment.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Um, would there be any way I could download this, or is it to soon to start messing around with it?

JoeMcLarry

Smash Cadet
hmmm... would it be possible to put playable character's models onto assist trophies? like having a red alloy replace Waluigi?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
What would happen if you used all of Captain Falcon's data instead of the alloy? Like, you could name it the alloy, but have all of Falcon's .pac data instead? Because he can grab ledges and whatnot.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
hmmm... would it be possible to put playable character's models onto assist trophies? like having a red alloy replace Waluigi?
I didn't try it. But I think it should work, I don't see any problems. But only if you mean to put a playable character model itself on the AT, not the AT on the character.

What would happen if you used all of Captain Falcon's data instead of the alloy? Like, you could name it the alloy, but have all of Falcon's .pac data instead? Because he can grab ledges and whatnot.
That doesn't work. The file size thing screws that up.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
WAAAAAAAAAAH! WALUIGI THINKS THIS IS A BRILLIANT IDEA! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Waluigi looks like a beast. Seriously, nice work. Way to steal mah ideaz. Anyways, I would be glad to help you out in any way possible (Primid will never fight Waluigi. I am sad). If I could make the suggestion, I would take away his Tennis racket simply because it looks silly.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok i Have to know. Did all you do is replace the Model and Textures? Cuse i have some, things, to do then.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
HOLY CRAP.
That is insane! I love it.
Waluigi is already the most broken Assist, but now to have him playable? Too good.
You should release a beta for it. That way we can test and give feedback, therefore increasing production speed.
Also..mind uploading that sse stage your using? :3

Hmm...if this is working already, imagine the possibilities with the rest of the assists! INCREDIBLE! ^^
(Yes. I am a release hore.)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hmm, would it be possible to use his Tennis Racket as a Special B attack? I was thinking is he going to have the Tennis Racket out like a sword like Link or Marth?

Leon2457

Smash Rookie
Nice work Bluz, looks brilliant so far
Is it possible to add animations, rather than just replace them? then the whole ledge grabbing thing should be a piece of cake, not that I'd know too much about the whole thing.

Well, keep up the great work Bluz
(Head to the IRC more :3)

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Is the tennis racket completed attached? Waluigi having the tennis racket makes sense, mostly because he's never been in a game other than a mario sports or minigame spinoff, but basing his moveset entirely off that racket would be kind of annoying IMO. I'd be perfectly happy with a Luigi clone.

Anyways, since this probably isn't a Waluigi moveset discussion board, I'll just add that I can't wait to play as Waluigi (in any form). model hacking is awesome.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Ok i Have to know. Did all you do is replace the Model and Textures? Cuse i have some, things, to do then.
Yes, I only did that.

Is the tennis racket completed attached? Waluigi having the tennis racket makes sense, mostly because he's never been in a game other than a mario sports or minigame spinoff, but basing his moveset entirely off that racket would be kind of annoying IMO. I'd be perfectly happy with a Luigi clone.
The tennis racket is separate, I can remove it. I removed it, but i'm getting random freezes now :/ (Like I said on the opening post) so I can't take pictures. Will try again and post results.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I'll be right back then..... And if you dont want the Racket, just delete the Polygon for it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Are you using ALL the codes necessary to run the Alloys? It's possible you're forgetting one code and that could be causing a lot of the crashes.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I would give him his own walking animations, but besides that I am pretty cool with a FALCON CLONE, so long as you did a little bit of PSA work. He also deserves his own kick.

Also, Knuckle Joe is the most broken Assist trophy. He is the only one that can score a kill from 0%.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm fine with Waluigi having a lot of tennis-based moves, since he was literally created for Mario Tennis.

The remains of his moves should probably be mostly kicking-based, considering his long legs.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I tried replacing Luigi's model with Waluigi, and then increasing the file size by adding unused textures (Just about to the same size as the original Luigi pac and pcs's), but the game froze when I tried to play it...

Does that mean that there are things other than file size that prevent you from replacing characters with AT models?

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is filled with so much win it is ridiculous. I gotta ask though, does he blink? Because that stare is creepy.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
@Bluz: uuuumm i did'nt post that..... but good to know. now we are filled with knolwedge. Yum.

@PkThundaSpam: I know right?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Awesome. I await the day that this is 100% bug free.
I want to create Gray Fox's moveset later this month.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
If this pulls through perfectly, we should try having clone engines for it since we oughta use the rest of the summon trophies
BTW: Does Shadow have any Identical Skeletons on the Alloys?
I don't really see it but that's jut me

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Well this looks interesting.

If it were me, I'd be sure to add in abilities that are uniquely his own, instead of just plugging him with sports-based moves just to drill in the fact that he has yet to be playable in a 'real' game...

Namely, his ability to create tornadoes, lash out with purple vines, and swim in the air. Something having to do with bombs would work well. Who needs a tennis racket?

So here's my moveset idea:
B - Tornado: Spins around and hovers, like Luigi or Meta Knight.
Side B - Purple Vine lash: Whips out with a purple vine to attack (I don't know where the effects would come from, but a well-placed series of shadow orbs might suffice. Or an effect texture hack on ZSamus' whip... if possible. Being able to use it as a tether recovery would be great, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.)
Up B - Swim upwards: Swims upwards to recover. Everyone has a swimming animation, shouldn't be too hard.
Down B - Bomb: Spawns a bomb, it might be possible to make a Link-strength bomb look like a Bob-Omb. Don't know how, but if you can turn an assist trophy into a playable character, I can't see this as being impossible.

I'm just throwing ideas out there, but he does have at least four unique talents and if anyone gets around to making a moveset, I'd hate to see him get stuck with tennis balls.

As far as non-specials go, I imagine him as being a really wonky character to play as, with awkward-looking movements and strangely placed lag on his attacks, kind of like Wario but obviously with a much longer reach. He should also have a lot of tripping moves.

bleyva

Smash Ace
As far as non-specials go, I imagine him as being a really wonky character to play as, with awkward-looking movements and strangely placed lag on his attacks, kind of like Wario but obviously with a much longer reach. He should also have a lot of tripping moves.
you forgot the most essential part to giving his moveset the authentic waluigi feel!
give him snake's tilts :3
it is a must

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom