• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi higher up in tier or good where he is?

sasukemaro

Smash Rookie
I would like to know if Luigi have room to improve his game and move up in the tier or is he on stand still and can't get better? He can handle most of the other characters but wat makes him lower in the tier to Ganon, Jiggs, Doc, etc i know he won't be better than Fox Marth Falco and the top tiers but can u explain about him moving up in mid to high or if i Luigi players can do dat eventually.

And PpaO or Pakman who i see most on the Luigi section (one of the best Luigi players) make a thread about counter picking stages and wat are the good stages for Luigi.

Oh and i'm a new Luigi mainer i expext to upload video's very soon, but the sad thing is i'm not from america but from a small little country call Trinidad & Tobago.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
He's slow and needs wavedashing a lot to keep up with faster characters (most of them above him). His aerial comboing isn't that good unless your opponent sucks at DIng, in that case you could even chain 4 uairs into upb lol. His recovery is easy to edgeguard (not to be understimated tho)

What makes him lower is that he doesn't have really good match ups overall against the rest of the cast (mostly top and high) I really don't think he'll make to high seriously -.-' unless some rare luigi player starts to kick everyone's butt and manages to beat m2k LOL but that'll never happen...

I'm from peru. PM if you wish to check out some of my luigi vids

Im falco main actually

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Luigis bad matchups against most of the top and very high tier are what hold him back more then anything. And no, Luigi's air comboing doesn't suck...

That said I think Doc and Luigi are just as good as a former Doc main.

sasukemaro

Smash Rookie
Oh ok, thanks! Can u answer my next questions as well and about the counter picking stages and wat are the good stages for Luigi, isn't for PpaO and pckman alone (my bad) it's for any really good Luigi player who know alot about counter picking etc.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Stages depend on what character you are facing. I really like FD against fox, but I hate it against falco. I like Dreamland against Marth. Neutrals are generally better than the counterpicks. Luigi has problems with stages that dont have grabable ledges. I usually ban Pokemon or Battle field because I hate Pokemon and battlefield has gay ledges.

I am going to try counterpicking sheik on Mute. Sheik needs ledges a lot harder than Luigi does.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
trinidad and tobago so ur latin XD.. yo tambien soy latino chamo XD somos dos luigis XD

i like bannning brinstar, or battlefield when im facing a shiek.. its prettyyyy hard playing in those stages with her..

Top Bottom