• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's boards dead?

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Have we ever been alive? The most traffic we see are the regulars (you know who you are), and the occasional newcomer Luigi who sticks around for a bit, and goes MIA. A lot of people lose interest quickly with Luigi, so this public board is more like a private little group of hardcore Luigi mainers.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
It is dying. Luigi's journal isn't seeing much writing either.
That goes with what I said: not many newcomers who main Luigi. Most of the board regulars know all of Luigi's moves and the perks of each one, which kind of disinterests them. I mean, we do need to get a definite guide to the fundamentals out, but there is little incentive to do so as of now.

Eten

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if their really is a problem. The Luigi group has added up a lot of really good Luigi info- Frame Data, Aerial String stuff, Match-up threads, the use of Luigi's moves, approaching, etc. There has been a lot more covered in the Luigi forums than in a lot of other character forums. We all also recognize that Luigi is a pretty **** good character here.

There won't always be something to do or talk about. The only stuff we really need is a lot of tournament results and videos and people representing luigi.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Yeah the last week has been pretty bad, but we always go through little cycles like this. Anyway, later today I'm going to have a ton of vids up (just got my capture card working), so expect some great stuff. :D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I lost interest in Luigi in just two months. I really considered making him my secondary for a while, but he didn't cover my bad matchups and his range became a pain in the ***.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
That sucks, bro. You're missing out. It doesn't matter if he has weaknesses; so does everyone else. You should know, Gorgonflarf main.

chic

Smash Ace
I lost interest in Luigi in just two months. I really considered making him my secondary for a while, but he didn't cover my bad matchups and his range became a pain in the ***.

what!?! im a luigi main since 64 so reading that you lost interested in such a short amount of time makes me hurt inside :(

-Mars-

Smash Hero
what!?! im a luigi main since 64 so reading that you lost interested in such a short amount of time makes me hurt inside :(
Nothing against Weegee, he's a great character(deserving of high tier) and really fun to play, he just didn't fit my particular playstyle.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Nothing against Weegee, he's a great character(deserving of high tier) and really fun to play, he just didn't fit my particular playstyle.
Yeah. Luigi for high tier. His strengths are too good to leave him in mid. And, his tourney results got a lot better from before. Also, Weegee is a very aggressive character, and your mains aren't necessarily aggressive, so I understand.

Eten

Smash Ace
MK has weaknesses. His disjointed hitbox aerials don't swipe out projectiles like they should, he has poor aerial mobility, his round hurtbox makes it easy to sweetspot moves on him despite his size, and he's a lightweight.

Obnoxiously broken, but has weaknesses. Shield or uptilt those Mach Tornadoes and play like a true pro, and he'll go down.

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
i will not live to see this boards dead , even if i have to resort to another mario bros movie thread , those always work lol remember that guys ? its been a long time , i have improved much with luigi thanks to you all. btw i dont know your opinino but im pretty much ****** mks now that i can focus on solely countering him with falco. btw im learning ics now theyre hard , but i like their style , and the fact that they are very unknow much like luigi once was.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yeah. Luigi for high tier. His strengths are too good to leave him in mid. And, his tourney results got a lot better from before. Also, Weegee is a very aggressive character, and your mains aren't necessarily aggressive, so I understand.
Uhhh.....I play Sheik and Fox.

Delvro

Smash Ace
The Luigi boards will never die!!

Luigi for top tier

I got an 8th place for luigi on Ankoku's list this Saturday... we'll get him to top tier one point at a time if we have to~

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
im not a big poster but i certainly do visit the boards most days and doing so improves my luigi. mabye its people like me who make it seem dead? idk

TreK

Is "that guy"
I don't post very much, cus contributing to the metagame when you have my poor level is a bad idea for my own safety ^.^
I do come daily and read and watch as much as i can about luigi, though.

PS : i played luigi for a month and a half now, and i just enjoy playing him as much as it is possible to, he totally matches the way i play.

BearJaw

Smash Cadet
Have we ever been alive? The most traffic we see are the regulars (you know who you are), and the occasional newcomer Luigi who sticks around for a bit, and goes MIA. A lot of people lose interest quickly with Luigi, so this public board is more like a private little group of hardcore Luigi mainers.
I feel like I'm the newcomer who's gone MIA. My Wifi doesn't work anymore.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was kind of thinking that recently. We need to all do experiments with Weegee and find out something new. Or talk about something new. Like the Idea I had about Paper Luigi. I wanted to discuss it but it is so off topic.

Would I be considered a regular?

Eten

Smash Ace
Something new? Like I said, their won't always be something new, and there is no shame in that.

Although I have been meaning to post for quite some time now that Luigi can dodge flat projectiles(lasers, pit's arrows, etc.) when he leans into the background/foreground during part of his fireball animation. No use in it, just interesting that you can exchange projectiles with those characters at a certain range and auto-dodge on accident. Something new!

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm one of those newcomer Luigis that went MIA. That's only really because I haven't fixed the problem of my browser not saving any cookies so I'm forced to log in every time I restart my comp.

Also college isn't leaving a lot of time for wifi, but I do get in a lot of time facing the people on campus. It's great practice since they are all better than I am right now. I'm the only person there that uses the man in green, though he is in orange whenever I play, decently and even changed a lot of opinions on him.

I just need to practice my fundamentals more D:

@ Eten
Crazily enough, I just noticed that today! I was playing a Pit who spammed his arrows and decided to be silly and throw a fireball out and I didn't get hit by the arrow. I don't know if there is any sort of frame data on this, but it just might help a little bit with approaching those kind of characters.

DK2

Smash Apprentice
Luigiboards can't die, it's not fair! Why it always something bad happen to the Luigi's! Not freaking fair man! Isn't there something we can do to make this board stay alive! I really need to know!

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Can't we make the match up thread nicer, or maybe brand new. Because all the other boards have fancy match up threads, last time we updated ours was October.
I want to make a nice thread

Top Bottom