• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
so in the footage from yesterday, we can see forward and backward regular-style doublejumps, but we've also seen the "Scuttle" or flutterjump. Luigi Tornado also was shown, which (plus having seen Shoryuken, Fireball and Green Missile) presumably confirms that Poltergust and the flutterjump aren't Specials.

it's possible—likely, even—that the video clips from yesterday just mixed footage from multiple builds of the game, so there could have just been builds with and without the flutterjump.

just wondering if anyone here knows for sure, or if there's something i hadn't kept up with from previous announcements or whatever.

edit: maybe it's just his full jump?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think the flutter jump works similarly to Peach's float. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Since this is about jumping. Do you think they should finally let Luigi wall jump? I mean he's certainly capable of doing it.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since this is about jumping. Do you think they should finally let Luigi wall jump? I mean he's certainly capable of doing it.
Yeah, he should. He can do it in the NSMB series, so why not in SMash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom