• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's mansion (and other destructible stages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyjuicebox

Smash Cadet
I dont know a bout you but i think luigis mansion it a little short of expectations for me. I mean, you break the stage and it rebuilds period. end of story. There has to be more to it. Same with pit's stage you break the platforms and thats it. What do you think? Could there be more to it?

iron blade

Smash Ace
On Pit's stage the destructible platforms are more than enough to worry about since you get spiked easily through the clouds by other characters and the ceiling if you don't tech.

dustyjuicebox

Smash Cadet
look at other stages at least with the castle siege you go into a new area why cant there be ghosts or something?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Yah, it should. Anyways, my only gripe about the Luigi's Mansion stage is... NO GHOSTS! Whatsoever. It's like an icon of what happened in Luigi's game.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I don't find it very original when juxtaposed with the Cloud Level and Moses Island thing and arguably Eldin Bridge and FE castle. It was a great idea that was repeated too much. Like Fox/landmasters and Zelda/Sheik. I also have to add that most of the "original" suggestions for stages people "made up" in the stage discussion forum were pathetic "clones" of the FE castle and Isle Delfino. We don't need any more collapsing buildings and traveling platforms. While I'm on this topic, I might as well mention how annoying it was to find suggestions for Imp Midna/Wolf Link//True Midna, Bowser Jr. Shadow/Mario, Masks Link/Fierce Diety Link, and other "transformations." Be a little more original people; True Midna would basically be Zelda, Shadow Mario would be Mario or Bowser Jr. (depending on whether it had the staff or not), and Masks Link (and Wolf Link) are just another Link. In fact, let's throw in Paper Mario and Dark Samus (she/it would still end up being a clone and you know it) while we're at it. And stretching things further, Lucas and Toon Link had no business being in Brawl, Marth is basically a sissy Ike (come on, FE fans, you can think of better characters without blue hair and a sword) and Wolf should not have been a clone.

S2

Smash Lord
The "more to it" is that you can recharge killing moves on Luigi's Mansion by hitting the pillars. That is a pretty big deal in Brawl since all moves have decay on them.

Other than that, the most popular stages have always been simple ones.

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Well, what else could you do with it? Maybe collect boo's to build it back? I think they did a pretty good job with it, it's kinda like that one metroid stage in melee, where you break off the platforms by hitting the gooey stuff. If they made a stage that was really intricate and complicated, I think it would just take away from the actual gameplay.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I swear that I could barely see a ghost in one video of Luigi's Mansion...

If there are ghosts, then they must be REALLY hard to see.

Also, what's wrong with Luigi's Mansion? Would you rather have some other random gimmick that would make the stage unsuitable for serious matches and just an un fun stage all together that no one ever wants to play in?

dustyjuicebox

Smash Cadet
you have the stage builder for serious matches and besides there is final destination cant get more simple the that

D

Deleted member

First of all, when you break down a portion of the house you can see some ghosts. Second, there are moving platforms on the left and the right of the stage that appear and disappear (I'm pretty sure).

And Sky World is actually pretty unique because I think you can down throw someone through the clouds, but not the ground.

I thought the destructible stages were a gimmick too but after playing them I really liked it. Plus if your opponent was trying to stay above you I could break the house down. I loved both levels.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I dont know a bout you but i think luigis mansion it a little short of expectations for me. I mean, you break the stage and it rebuilds period. end of story. There has to be more to it. Same with pit's stage you break the platforms and thats it. What do you think? Could there be more to it?
I wish you could actually EXPLORE Luigi's mansion, the inside is visible in the stage, but you can't interact with anything in the mansion, I was extremely disappointed since this was the stage I wanted more than anything.

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
you want...more? if you don't like it don't play it...I think these new destructable stages give the game far more depth and adventure than melee, but that's just me....

ConeZone

Smash Ace
yeah, too much in a stage is annoying. The point of the stage is to provide an ample setting in which players can fight. When too much is going on in the level it interferes with the game play, and renders the stage useless because fighters are primarily focused on fighting and not having the level win the match for them, or cost them the match. Some example of this in melee are poke floats, green greens, rainbow cruise, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom