• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigis Matchups

VEC

Smash Journeyman
His matchup chart sucks balls, so who do you guys think he has an advantage on?
My opinion is + ( advantage) - ( Disadvantage ) = (equal)

Mario- =
Luigi- =
Peach- +
bowser- +
DK- -
Diddy- =
Yoshi- +
Wario- +
Link- =
Zelda- -
Sheik- =
Ganon- +
TL- -
Samus- +
Zamus- -
Pit- -
IC- -
ROB- -
Kirby- -
MK- -
D3- -
Olimar- +
Fox- +
Falco- -
Wolf- -
CF- +
Pikachu- =
PT- +
Lucario- =
JigglyPuff- +
Marth- -
Ike- +
Ness- +
Lucas- =
G&W- -
Snake- -
Sonic- +

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Well Well Well, i think dk should be equal because Luigi is semi-fast and has projectile, I think that Luigi owns snake, the nair cancels upsmash and niki btw, LUIGI BEATS MARIO sometimes ...please explain the zamus matchup

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Ok Zamus has the range, better projectile, and just as fast in air but more range.

DK has intercept, Power, Range, Priority.

Mario= Edge Guard ****.

Snake= Well Snake, he is broken as hell, he isnt even slow, AAA fast. Tilts Fast and Super Broken and Strong. Mortar Slide. Heavy as hell and hard to kill

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Luigi and Kirby should be equal; both have certain tricks they can and can't use on each other (UTilt Juggling for Luigi doesn't work as effectively, some of Kirby's combos don't work on Luigi due to floatiness) and both have a very good aerial game. The matchup between the two is really who dominates the skies in reality.

So uh, make it equal.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Luigi and Kirby should be equal; both have certain tricks they can and can't use on each other (UTilt Juggling for Luigi doesn't work as effectively, some of Kirby's combos don't work on Luigi due to floatiness) and both have a very good aerial game. The matchup between the two is really who dominates the skies in reality.

So uh, make it equal.
But Kirby is move powerful overall, Better recovery and Kirby GIMPS HIM SO EASILY Dair THEN RECOVER, ITS GAY.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Not really just dont waste your second jump because you need momentum for the tornado to go up. Then you can side b and up b back to the edge. Btw, just dont get knocked off the stage.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
lol dont get kncoked off the stage....... wow

Ok lets continue with this.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
True... does Kirby have a great ground game? IMO Luigi does. You could keep Kirby on the ground.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Kirby has to be a bit more defensive when facing Luigi; so your basic focus is to pressure him.

...Also isn't this thread useless if we already have a matchup discussion? Just saying.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
No there are no problems with this thread. It is actually a good thing to reset thread so that people dont have to go through 20 pages of info just to post one thing.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Personally I think Luigi is at advantage against Snake because Snake is so easy to juggle against. He doesn't have the aerial speed to match yours. He can outpwn you in terms of ground-game. Also I personally think Fireballs>Gernades/missle because you can setoff the nades early and missle in different direction. I think luigi against Lucas at a advantage because really they kinda of the same to me in terms of Ness/ Lucas. He just has more knockback compared to Ness IMO. Also 'sometimes' Luigi repes Mario. Well that's my 2 cents.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
I wanna know what u guys think, im not waiting forever for matchup discussion.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
I wanna know what u guys think, im not waiting forever for matchup discussion.
What? What makes Lucas different from Ness (matchup wise). Also explain the IC and Zelda matchup. I still thing DK is =, Luigi has the range ie: downsmash, fireball, sliding up smash and the tornado is pretty quick. Luigi can also WoP DK easily because of DK's size.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
What? What makes Lucas different from Ness (matchup wise). A.
I don't know what you mean by 'matchup wise'. If your talking about Luigi vs Lucas and Luigi vs Ness, then in my opinon, I think Lucas is different because his moves have high initial knock back which let's Luigi coming in close to Lucas. Ness in other hand his speciality and power lies in aerial combat. But regardless but mother's boys have some good kill power.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I'd at least put Luigi = to zelda. Luigi is also definitely a + on pit. Some of those other - should probably be = too.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Why is Luigi a plus on Pit? Hey VEC I think nair cancels din's fire.

Eten

Smash Ace
Totally disagree. You're all wrong and like to think to play the underdogs. Plus, it's convenient to point to supposed disadvantages to explain your losses. Face the facts people. Luigi has way more advantages than disadvantages. There is very little he can't deal with and most of what he can deal with he does spectacular against.

It's just that Luigi's disadvantages really hurt the overall on his advantages. Luigi's worst match-up is hands down Meta-knight, and almost exclusively MK, which is the worst possible thing because Meta-knight is already top tier(I mean TOP tier, not just "good", #1). Yup.

What the list really looks like?
HUGE advantage over a few(they just get owned in priority, or are fast falling/big targets that get damaged and KOed like nothing)
Advantage over most of the cast
Equal match-ups for a few, like Marth and Zelda
Major disadvantage to MK(he just has moves that counter your moves perfectly- like the Mach Tornado, Luigi is one of the few characters with NO ground based move that can beat it.)

What I say is true, and you'll all think the same eventually.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
I think that Luigi's is very balanced. This helps him overcome certain characters. He is also quite unpredictable and hard to punish because he slides so much. I agree with the other people about Snake. I really think that their matchup is = or + for Luigi. Luigi can cancel a lot of snake moves. ie: nikita and up smash. Luigi's fire also cancels a grenade's momentum. as for metaknight, green missile cancels the tornado and nair actually hits metaknight out of it. With fireball, Luigi has the range to keep Metaknight out. Regardless, I t=still think MK beats Luigi.
O please, Luigi definitely beats DK. Luigi can cripple DK in the air and fireball the gian t on the ground. I think ROB should be equal. Luigi can crawl which make it hard to for ROB to use the laser effectively. I think Luigi's nair cancels the gyro. I may be wrong. Did you say that D3 beats Luigi becauseof the grab? If so what is your opinion if they fought and D3 did not use the chain grab?

OMG Luigi beats Olimar? Tell me how, I always lose. Stupid Pikmin.

This is all directed at the op.

Top Bottom