• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Luigi's Final Smash should have him bring out his poltergust 5000 and expel the boos from it which then attack other players. :)
Keeping it simple, one final smash at a time.

And on the subject of Luigi's Mansion Reps, I saw King Boo on a speculation chart... any comments on that?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And on the subject of Luigi's Mansion Reps, I saw King Boo on a speculation chart... any comments on that?
Eh, I don't see him as a playable character at any rate. He's perfect for a boss, which I see as rather likely. I'd rather have him removed...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Eh, I don't see him as a playable character at any rate. He's perfect for a boss, which I see as rather likely. I'd rather have him removed...
Same here. Playable: Not so much (But it would be fun!) Boss: With Dark Moon, yes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Luigi's page on Melee's website.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1127/index.html

What scares me is that Sakurai would have added the Poltergust to his moveset if he had known about Luigi's Mansion earlier in development. But since his moveset wasn't changed in Brawl, the calamity is over.
Well, during the transition to 64 and Melee, all characters got a new Special Move, some got a new move as a Side B, while others had their former Neutral B moved to Side B, getting a new neutral B in the process.

Luigi received the Green Missile move as the new Special Move and perhaps could have been the Poltergust instead, had Sakurai known about it before.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well Sakurai also stated that he's creating new abilities for ALL characters.
I don't often take what he says too seriously, but I think that a few changes are a no-brainer. Like Ganondorf. He can't pull another Ganondorf like he did in Brawl, c'mon. I'd almost prefer not to have him at all than have him with THAT moveset again.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
As I hoped for in SSBB, I really hope that Luigi becomes his own character this time around. In Brawl he's still way too similar to Mario in his moveset. I suppose you could say that's now to represent that the brothers are very similar in their games. However, there is so much that could be done with Luigi. Like all of the abilities he gained in Mario & Luigi (Thunderhand, particularly), and of course the Poltergust 3000. I will be sorely disappointed if we get Luigi just like was in the past three Smash games.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I will be sorely disappointed if we get Luigi just like was in the past three Smash games.
I will be sorely disappointed if he does change. He's honestly one of the last clone-y "clones" in Brawl and Melee. I do think it fits for him to be a clone of Mario, and I don't want to see something stupid and gimmicky slapped on his moveset for no reason other than "uniqueness."

Edit: Though now that I think about it, maybe Luigi could get a new moveset and keep his old moveset as and EX-mode. Though that's dependant on there being EX-modes in the game.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I think some changes might be good, but for the sake of balance and character design, not because he has a slight resemblance to Mario, which should stay. Iirc he has trouble with approaching because of his low aerial mobility despite great aerials. You could fix this by adding in the Poltergust somehow to pull opponents to him without having to approach, or you could make fireballs faster so he can use them to approach.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If anything should change about Luigi, it's his Final Smash. His present moveset fits him very well, though.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
If anything should change about Luigi, it's his Final Smash. His present moveset fits him very well, though.
Even if its really weird, I like his final smash. It's fun to have all those people vulnerable and taking damage in my own area so I can kill them without any risk.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wouldn't mind if his move-set was slightly based off of something in Luigi Mansion like redoing his grab.
But his FS, definitely. That needs to go.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I don't know, I think his FS fits his quirkiness pretty well. That's the whole theme around Luigi is that he's unorthodox: flails when he dash attacks, launches himself like a rocket as an attack, slides around like there's crisco on his feet, has awkward taunts and victory poses, and pulls on his nose at idle. What's so wrong about creating a circle of Magic Mushroom symptoms for other players?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
His down B and side B could use replacing IMO. Both a bit bland and unrepresentative.
Perhaps down B for the Poltergeist 3000 and side B for the flashlight?

Wouldn't mind if his FS changed either even though I quite like it.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
His down B and side B could use replacing IMO. Both a bit bland and unrepresentative.
Perhaps down B for the Poltergeist 3000 and side B for the flashlight?

Wouldn't mind if his FS changed either even though I quite like it.
If he lost both he'd have one of the most predictable and bad recoveries on the planet. His recovery is pretty linear and predictable as is, so losing those would be a death sentence.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya. Give it more height and some vertical movement...
Or give him an entirely new Up B incorporating something from his mansion games.
Riding the Poltergust could be cool.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, would any one else think it would be cool if the Thunderhand was somehow implemented into his moveset? Ever since I saw that move I always wanted to see him use it in Smash bros. But that ship has likely sailed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, would any one else think it would be cool if the Thunderhand was somehow implemented into his moveset? Ever since I saw that move I always wanted to see him use it in Smash bros. But that ship has likely sailed.
Yeah, I would like the Thunder hand as his forward smash.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Ya. Give it more height and some vertical movement...
Or give him an entirely new Up B incorporating something from his mansion games.
Giving it more height and vertical movement, while very beneficial, may not be enough to compensate. Both side B and Down B cover a lot of the distance, and stretching Up B to go such high distances, especially horizontal, is very absurd for the animation. You'd still only have one move to use anyway, which certainly removes any unpredictability, unless you're able to really swerve a lot while doing, which again would look absurd. A new up b might work, but I kinda like the current one.
I do think it would be cool though if Side B was switched to RIDING the Poltergust like was just suggested, as that would still keep the recovery aspect while possibly bringing in more onstage utility.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Giving it more height and vertical movement, while very beneficial, may not be enough to compensate. Both side B and Down B cover a lot of the distance, and stretching Up B to go such high distances, especially horizontal, is very absurd for the animation. You'd still only have one move to use anyway, which certainly removes any unpredictability, unless you're able to really swerve a lot while doing, which again would look absurd. A new up b might work, but I kinda like the current one.
I do think it would be cool though if Side B was switched to RIDING the Poltergust like was just suggested, as that would still keep the recovery aspect while possibly bringing in more onstage utility.
This is a strange argument. No matter what the moves are specifically, he can be balanced on a whole in many different ways.
Since you imply that his up B can't be made as good as the current Up B side B combination, then balance him though his other specials and standard attacks.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
This is a strange argument. No matter what the moves are specifically, he can be balanced on a whole in many different ways.
Since you imply that his up B can't be made as good as the current Up B side B combination, then balance him though his other specials and standard attacks.
Do you mean that he should simply have a bad recovery and compensate for it elsewhere?
That works, though he might get a little polarized.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I don't know I guess I don't see too many problems with his current B attacks, although I wouldn't mind seeing them change to incorporate a little more novelty. His Side is just a weaker and less reliable Skull Bash and his standard B, while sensible, is kind of inferior to Mario's.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I don't know I guess I don't see too many problems with his current B attacks, although I wouldn't mind seeing them change to incorporate a little more novelty. His Side is just a weaker and less reliable Skull Bash and his standard B, while sensible, is kind of inferior to Mario's.
The only thing wrong with his current special attacks is their failure to represent his solo game series which has become a huge part of his character.
Technically they are fine.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah. I still want him to gain a special where he vacuums and if you grab an enemy/large item, you spit them back out and if you grab a projectile with an element (fire, ice, electricity etc) the vacuum turns into a flamethrower/icethrower etc until it runs out of elemental fuel.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Yeah. I still want him to gain a special where he vacuums and if you grab an enemy/large item, you spit them back out and if you grab a projectile with an element (fire, ice, electricity etc) the vacuum turns into a flamethrower/icethrower etc until it runs out of elemental fuel.
Holy **** that would be cool.
Sounds like too much effort for them to bother for such a relatively rare event though.

Top Bottom