• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

luigi's spike i know how to doit without fail

seshun

Smash Apprentice
see this is going to take work i have provided a video to explain. the spike occurs where the whirls on his arms are taking place. But dont get happy yet. To get the front one to hit where the whirl is you have to aim with the tip of his hat in the front. if you just aim for the front whirl, it will miss and go to low to his legs. with the back. just aim for the whirl. so basically the easiest is when the tip of luigis hat in the front (the tip being the top part of the hat over the L for luigi). the video will be up shortly as im just uploading now. in the video i miss 2 and dont get the spike on the third lol. I had to rush before the battery ran out.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
sorry about the double post, here is the link. One more thing, realize that this spike is an invisible hitbox. pretty much a tiny bit in front of luigi. I just figured so far that it was easy to get this hitbox by aiming the dair with the tip of luigis hat and it ends up working. when you get used to this, try a down throw into the spike and repeat twice this can end in some nasty combos. there is just so much more possibilities after this discovery.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Wow thanks for this, I will be sure to practice it, also got a tournament coming up on Saturday so it would be fun to spike people with this on command :laugh:.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Yea. It still looks like that'd be very difficult to actually use in a match. But that's what practice is for.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
Dont' worry guys the more you practice this the more you will become familiar with the hitbox. Ive been practicing for a while now and pretty much doit on command which looks more skilled then ever. Keep practicing.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
For more help I discovered that in training mode , play against falco and put his percentage at 35. Dthrow with luigi and jump straight up to level the front of luigis face with falcos whole body in the air, and thats where you spike with the dair. This should not require you to move foward or backwards whatsoever, just straight up. You should be able to spike him 3 or 4 time before he gets to 80%. this is to better familiarize you with luigis spike.

Eten

Smash Ace
Being very familiar with luigi's spike is super win against Snake. Snake's recovery becomes a ton more vulnerable if he can be spiked.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
omg your right. Snake is so slow moving in th air. it would be so easy to aim.

FuFu300

Smash Cadet
Does the spike send the opponent straight down, or horizontally at an agle? I can't watch the video, and I tried the Falco at 35% technique, and the only kind of spike I can get is a horizontal one...

FuFu300

Smash Cadet
OOOH *facepalm* you guys are talking about spiking with the dair! I already knew that you could do that, I thought it was a spike with the fair...

Though, I still could be wrong, seeing as how I'm unable to watch the video, and I'm just going off the posts in this thread...

Eten

Smash Ace
Nooo it's the dair. It's like you have to hit with his arms when he twirls(although the hitbox is a bit bigger than the arms themselves), and JUST the arms so if any other part of the dair hitbox hits the person it doesn't count.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
OOOH *facepalm* you guys are talking about spiking with the dair! I already knew that you could do that, I thought it was a spike with the fair...

Though, I still could be wrong, seeing as how I'm unable to watch the video, and I'm just going off the posts in this thread...
Uhh we already knew you could spike with the dair too, this thread is to help do it on command successfully in real matches.

Top Bottom