• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lv. 100+ R/B Glitch Pokemon

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
I loaded Red version again today and it brought back some interesting memories. After doing the Mew glitch and checking out my PC boxes, I started thinking about the various glitches...

Just in case there are some of you who don't know, when searching for Missingno while surfing on the east coast of Cinnabar Island to duplicate the item in the 6th place and all that, it is possible to find a Pokemon that is over level 100. I know that Youko has found Snorlaxes and Lv. 132 Haunters in Blue, I believe I've had a Golduck and Clefable in the past (don't remember the levels), but my current game produces Lv. 180 Magnemites.

What are the levels and species of Pokemon you all come across when trying to find Missingno?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I've been wondering what other people have come across for a while too. If you're not sure, might as well dig up Red/Blue! Worth the nostalgia, if you ask me.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I sold all my old games about 2 months ago, so I can't go check. However I remember in red always getting Golducks and Snorlaxes around 140. In Blue I got Golbats,Golducks, and even Ivysaur a few times.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...But the point of this thread is that it's not about Missingno...?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the pokes you find are the pokes from the last area you were in

so you can catch safari pokes there too

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
I got owned by an uber Alakazam I couldn't run from one time. I'm mean seriously, wtf. Did it trade itself or something?? -_- Otherwise, Golduck and Snorlax were really common. Good thing I could run from the latter :dizzy:

Btw...That cloning glitch was dangerous...for stupid people like me anyway. I unknowingly multiplied the town map and wondered why I couldn't deposit it. Before I knew it, every item slot in my bag and PC was filled with a freakin map. :psycho:

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
Well, it all depends on your name. I don't know the exact stuff, but certain letters bring up certain Pokemon and certain levels.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yes, I've come across a bunch of 100+ Pokemon back in the day. I believe I found a Radicate and someone else...it was awesome :p

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i remember finding a level 429 electrode. what happened with these pokemon was that if you got them a level up they would go to level 99 and then never leave, but i taught mine explosion so that it could take out any pokemon in 1 hit with it. it was my kamikaze electrode. i also remember finding over 100 growlith and pidgioto.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else rare candy level up Missingno.? I got myself a pretty awesome Kangaskhan. Water Gun + Water Gun + Sky Attack = awesome.

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
what happened with these pokemon was that if you got them a level up they would go to level 99 and then never leave
That's what I thought would happen, but I find Lv. 180 Magnemites, but I have a Lv. 181 Magneton in one of my boxes... so I guess it's ok if it levels up, but goes to 100 after that?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, with me they would level up after one battle to level 99. that happened to a few missingnos and pidgeys (which evolved) but i wanted to keep my uber electrode a super high level, so i used explosion every time, so it wouldn't get exp. i never got one to actually level up and stay at that level.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I think I had something like level 142 Haunters or something, and then (I don't remember the level but..) I was getting a lot of Machamps at some point as well. Kind of odd I guess since they weren't "traded" but, obviously, it's a glitch, heh. Red version btw.

I miss my old Red... but eventually it got too screwed up and I never went back, heh.

TSK

Smash Apprentice
I caught a level 140 Mewtwo in blue :D I could level it higher via rarecandys but if it gained exp in battle it reverted to level 100 :\ ....still awesome though lol

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I'm pretty sure I came across mostly Pokémon from the Safari Zone. I specifically remember a Rhihorn (or some kind of rhinoceros). I forgot which levels they were though. btw, SMYN is awesome =D

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
though it's been a while I've gotten a bunch of snorlaxs over 100 in both red and blue, but a friend of mine got pidgy over 200.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i just heard the podcast, and thought i would post some info here... im a super moderator of smogon.com, so i guess im in the know =)

what pokemon you get depends on what your characters name is. my name was always DAN, so therefore, electrode was always the one that appeared. there is more information in this faq here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/367023/20844

the big info here is that if your name is "DxDyDzD", the pokemon that will appear will always be Mewtwo, at about level 183. =)

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
i just heard the podcast, and thought i would post some info here... im a super moderator of smogon.com, so i guess im in the know =)

what pokemon you get depends on what your characters name is. my name was always DAN, so therefore, electrode was always the one that appeared. there is more information in this faq here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/367023/20844

the big info here is that if your name is "DxDyDzD", the pokemon that will appear will always be Mewtwo, at about level 183. =)
Ah, very nice, thanks for the info!

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
I came here because of Panda's (or was it Youko) request from the podcast.

Anyway I remember this glitch well. My glitched pokemon were Ponyta and Kangaskhan. I'm not exactly sure about the levels, but it was around 155 or so.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
some of you guys are just being stupid
the glitch lets you catch pokemon over lv 100
in my case, it was a snorlax and golbat both lv 156, respectivly
if they gain any experience, such as battling a pidgey in the wild, they would revert to lv 100
however, if one were to battle with them against a linked friend, the pokemon would stay at their respective level therefore achieving a great advantage.
also, it is possible to feed these pokemon rarecandies in which they will actually gain levels unrestricted by the "100" limit. that is not to say, it is interesting that they will attain a new limit at lvl 249 in which if the pokemon were to receive a rare candy, they would revert to lvl 0.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i knew that, but it's cool not having to raise anything up to 100. besides if you use rare candys, you can raise them higher and if you use enogh, you can keep them up there!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I still remember finding a level 164 Charmeleon and a Level 197 Aerodactyl. Very powerful and Aerodactyl is difficult to escape from. Too bad my cartridge battery in my Blue version is dead. I thought it depends on your Trainer ID number.... Guess I was wrong.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
I still remember finding a level 164 Charmeleon and a Level 197 Aerodactyl. Very powerful and Aerodactyl is difficult to escape from. Too bad my cartridge battery in my Blue version is dead. I thought it depends on your Trainer ID number.... Guess I was wrong.
ooooh, remember the fossil aerodactyl and others glitch
u have to make ur name like xxxxyyy or xyxyxyxy or something and when you do missing no glitch, a fossil appears. that is what i heard at least

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
tshahi10! you rock. knowing the missingno forms! you are a glitchmaster! (but not "theglitchmaster;))

Top Bottom