• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lv. 9 Mario Frustrating

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
Yes, I know, very N00bish, very un-pro. But Lv.9 Mario just keeps beating me, and ticking me off. All he does is shield-grab, and at the stupidest moments, too. He does stuff that only a comp could do. Any help on this srategy? (Help a n00b? :chuckle:)

chingy

Smash Apprentice
i owned every single character on lv 9 at least 5 times lol brawl gets boring once you slay all lvls but thank god of online or else this game would have been sold by me by now XD yeah i cant really help you with that but shield dodge more than shielding its better cuz hell mis the shield grab and punish the hell out of him

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
Don't even bother trying to. You won't really accomplish anything, and though you probably know this, getting to know the habits of a CPU will **** you in the rectum when you're playing against real people.

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
i HATE lv9 mario. it always comes up with something to annoy me. i always beat him tho.

do you use a close range char?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's widely agreed that level 9 Mario is one of the hardest CPU fighters. Anyways, you're not training against him are you? It's better to train against other people but, if no one is available, training against level 1-3 CPUs is best. There's always Anyone on Wifi if you want to screw around with testing new tactics and strategies.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
Why a level 1-3 CPU?
(just curious to know)
Because, when you're training alone, it's a much better idea to stick to practicing your tech skill and attacking/edgeguarding strategies. If you practice actually defending and mindgaming, etc, you'll get mind****ed because CPUs don't think the same way humans do. Just stick to going into training mode and putting the CPU on Stand or Stop or whatever the setting is where it just stands still except to recover.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Because, when you're training alone, it's a much better idea to stick to practicing your tech skill and attacking/edgeguarding strategies. If you practice actually defending and mindgaming, etc, you'll get mind****ed because CPUs don't think the same way humans do. Just stick to going into training mode and putting the CPU on Stand or Stop or whatever the setting is where it just stands still except to recover.
Ohh i see guess i should dumb down the CPU haha

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
lvl 9's have inhuman abilities. they can perfect shield all your attacks and over use dodges. I wouldn't really try to fight a lvl 9. but for Mario, he uses a lot of Fireballs when he's a lvl 9 so your best bet is an air approach. And also use a lot of dodges. Abuse the invincibility frames!

Top Bottom