• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lvl 9 CPU doing dirty tricks...

nevershootme

Smash Master
(I don't know if it was already discussed or not but w/e if it did then delete it)

So... One day you play against a CPU on lvl 9 and you notice that it's doing some dirty tricks to take you out...

here's one i've experienced. I was Olimar and the CPU was Pikachu. And so... I get sent far out and the CPU decides to edgeguard me and even pulled a thunder on my face to prevent me from recovering.

another moment was when one of the CPU characters somehow powershielded a multi-hit smash attack, and I mean all the hits~! (I forgot who i was playing and such, but it did happen to me...)

hell.. even the tactics i make with some characters (R.O.B. and Marth for example) mimicked the same tactics...

so yea... share your stories and experiences of the CPU pulling odd tricks to take you out..

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
pikachu did the same exact thing to me when i was Olimar, only he did it repeatedly, so i lost all of my lives to multiple thunders... I have also noticed however, that pikachu is the only cpu that really poses much of a challenge because of his multiple quick and spammable attacks.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Lols a pretty smart olimar cpu once(no idea how this happened) Basically got a wholeset of obese pikmen, then dodged my grab and koed me.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Anyone else been Bowsercided by a CPU Bowser?....Repeatedly....?

That or CPU Pit's spamming the checkpoint on Green Hill Zone or Snake (for some reason it's ALWAYS Snake) blocking EVERY SINGLE ATTACK that you use against him...

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
The accuracy of the CPUs hitting attacks is what makes them more challenging, which is interesting. They try to edge guard, they hit certain projectiles (Pit's arrows) perfectly, and dodge and shield perfectly.

Luckily they can be manipulated like all AI (except Virtua Fighter AI), and still try Up Bs for attacks which leads to death sometimes.

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
I have tasted the bitter claw of Bowsercide. AI, I think not...These god **** computers have more intelligence than I can comprehend. Their reaction time is that of a cobra and their moves are blocking moves you've yet to even think about doing. I have even sat in fear as my level nine Bowser opponent somehow used the 'Infinite Jump' in a match. However unintentional I'm sure, still a scary thing.

-Link-

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the AI will edge guard pretty often, regardless of who you are. And they just seem smarter in general as well. It's pretty awesome.

They still walk into my charged forward smash more often than they should however.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
Level 9 CPUs are annoying as hell... One minute they will be stupid, then the next minute they will pull ******** moves that human players can't possibly do. Like a Marth countering every single attack... They are easy to beat at times, but at others they pose more of a challenge, because they never miss, and they pull off impossible attacks... Stick to human players...

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering about CPU "powershielding", because honestly their shields should break more than they do. >_>

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The shields may not repel projectiles anymore, but even so, the projectiles are more useless against level 9s in Brawl since they can also dodge in midair.

Back in Melee, the level 9s allow themselves to get hit by items while airborne.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
the AI isnt as hard as you think, just be sure to read into their attacks, and only attack them in ways they cant dodge, just throwing attacks that even human players can dodge, wont work any more. I personaly havnt had these problems, but, then again, I am used to fighting the AI.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Never try fighting 3 level 9 computers on a team. Especially if the members are Ike, Marth, and Metaknight.

It is **** near impossible.

ALSO, THOSE JERKS HELD ME DOWN AND STOLE MY CD!

I didn't even GET the CD!

FRIGGIN BULLIES T_T

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Never try fighting 3 level 9 computers on a team. Especially if the members are Ike, Marth, and Metaknight.

It is **** near impossible.

ALSO, THOSE JERKS HELD ME DOWN AND STOLE MY CD!

I didn't even GET the CD!

FRIGGIN BULLIES T_T
really?
A CPU grabbed my CD once, beat the reamaining stock outa him, and got the CD.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I tend to monster Level 9 Bots with Pikmin and Olimar. He's the only character that I can beat them consistently with (guess it helps that his spike is ridiculously easy to pull off). Anywho I've had moments where the CPU dodged 6 pikmin throws in a row, no rolling just air and ground dodges and then coming up and KOing my pikmin-less butt :(

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
PC lvl 9 suck people, omg. I put 3 stock and i ***** the computer with all 3.. what are yal complaining about?... The are still mindless idiots that cant do anything.

Nao Hikari

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NaoHikari
Switch FC
SW 1055 2032 9641
PC lvl 9 suck people, omg. I put 3 stock and i ***** the computer with all 3.. what are yal complaining about?... The are still mindless idiots that cant do anything.
calm down a bit man...not everyone is gonna be as good as others:dizzy:

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Sorry but people are complaining about nothing. LVL 6 in brawl is not lvl 9 in melee. OMG this whole thread is a joke, im out of here.:mad:

nevershootme

Smash Master
The whole point of the topic is that what weird crap the computer did to you that you may have not thought of in your tactics towards human players (although it may or may not work all the time). not how easy or hard as hell the computer is...

Mistake

Smash Rookie
Human players don't stand around and get hit by the same key moves every time to my experience :/.

With Ike, I can just catch the ledge and do the drop-down + aether and they'll get hit by it no matter how many times I do it.

With Falco, I can do the hit-linking from dash A to C-stick Up smash and they'll ALWAYS get hit by the second smash.

There are some others I'm forgetting, but I like to play as only a few characters so I know I'm missing dozens... They are very fun to play against in my opinion except for those flaws :(.

N355

Smash Apprentice
I'm happy the cpus are smarter, makes it seem more like you are fighting a human, it forces you to get better at the game. Lvl 9's can do stupid things too. Once I was facing a level 9 CF with Ness. When the match started I just stood there. CF turns around, jumps off the edge, does a falcon punch, tries to recover, and fails. I don't know why he commited suicide, but it was funny so I saved that replay

rtmcs1017

Smash Cadet
CPUs also fight a lot differently than human players. They seem to have the "Capcom AI" thing going on where they simply read into your button presses (well, at least with Marth) and counter accordingly. Once I figured out how to fight the CPUs in the new game, they're pretty easy to dispatch.

The best course of action is definitely still to stick with human players, especially one who can kick your ***. Fighting someone better than you is a great way to get better at this game, because it forces you to strategize more efficiently.

And lol at the CPU stealing the CD.. that's pretty **** cruel. Never had that happen to me. I have been edgehogged/spiked by the CPUs before, really caught me off guard. The short hops too kinda scared me. Lol@CPU teching.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I think it's great to see that the Lvl 9 CPU is actually smoewhat challenging now

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I think the powershielding & immediate punishment out of them is the most annouying thing about lvl9 CPUs. But in the end thats ok, its really helped me become better at my approach.

Top Bottom