• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1,7,15,18] PikMafia - The End! Scum Wins!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yes, I think 3 people are scum. One is probably a roleblocker and one is probably a godfather and one is probably a goon.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I feel like this game's activity is DEAD

come on people lets get this ball rolling

LETS LYNCH RIDDLE FOR BEING RIDDLE

unvote vote: riddle

Riddle

Smash Lord
Good reasoning there. But I do agree that this game is kind of dead.

Everyone:

1) What is the one thing I could do right now that would make you think I was scum (in other words what is the biggest possible scumtell in your opinion)

claiming scum doesn't count as a scumtell >.>

D

Deleted member

Question to everybody:
Roughly how much game experience do you have?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
lol riddle, what a bad question. the largest scumtell imo is when someone lies.

@V: years and years. back in the day, i used to run this town with an iron fist. now i just cat around.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Dark_Ermac - When can we expect you to disappear?
Vrael (Kat) - Hi Kat!
Kirbyoshi - No batmanfia repeats please
Riddle - what purpose does your question serve? I don't believe that there is one objective scum tell that is the end all of scumtells.
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici (TPK) - You're generally sweet and to the point. Would you rather lynch for information or lynch an inactive? I've been playing for almost two years on SWF.
Tom - Hey Tom. I'm going to step up this game since it's going to be my last one until august most likely. So Hi.
Junglefever - Don't suck this game. I'll hurt you if you do.
Exn - How's your experience in DRoom mafia different than DGames mafia?
Greenstreet - What's your favorite way to start a game, champ
Swiss - IIRC you played in a newbie game last time?
vanderzant - Do you trust anyone atm?
Tandora - Hi Tanny!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

LETS LYNCH JUNGLEFEVER FOR BEING JUNGLEFEVER

unvote vote: junglefever

WOW HILARIOUS NINJA

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

LETS LYNCH ermac FOR BEING ermac

unvote vote: dark ermac

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
1) What is the one thing I could do right now that would make you think I was scum (in other words what is the biggest possible scumtell in your opinion)

It's difficult to get scum reads this early on. In every game I've played so far, there have been people who have done/said things that appear super scummy, but they ended up being town.

What you do can be the actions of either town or scum. To me D1 material really only comes of use later on.
Question to everybody:
This is about my 5th game or so. Why did you ask this question? In other words, what do you get from it?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Exn: When deciding on a lynch for day 1, how do you pick out what is dumb and what is scum then?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
DGames people are more advanced so it's a little more difficult to read into peoples actions, but it's just as interesting. The games here seem to move at a slower pace too.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Exn: When deciding on a lynch for day 1, how do you pick out what is dumb and what is scum then?
You can never know for sure. I guess there are time's when someone makes an obvious scum slip ( I haven't seen it happen yet), but I think it usually just comes down to intuition and who ever has the best case D1.

What do you think?

D

Deleted member

Jungle:
It depens on what information it is about (someone being near certain scum: yes), and what kind of inactivity we're talking about (active lurkers are better lynches than someone who simply isn't there.)

Exn:
To tune in on experience level. I don't want people johning midgame that this is one of their first games.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I've read almost every game here on SWF and quite a few on Mafiascum (though thats relative since theres a ****ton of them) and I basically go by what I've seen people do, how they pass it off as scum/town, why they get caught, etc. I then see if the situation i'm analyzing dumb or scum could fit into any of those criteria. Intuition is a big part of this game for me too, though.

M.K

Level 55

1st Vote Count

Dark_Ermac -

(Tom)

Riddle-

(Tandora)

Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici (TPK) -

(Kataefi)

Greenstreet -

(Swiss)

Swiss-

(Vanderzant)

Vanderzant -

(Greenstreet)

Tandora -

(Riddle)

With 12 Alive, it Takes 7 to Lynch!!
Kataefi replaces Vrael immediately!

Tandora

Smash Rookie

Everyone:

My problem is I have horrible scum radar. I don't think I've been successful in finding scum except possibly my first game. So, it's hard for me to have a realistic scum tell expectation.

Also, isn't this an anti-town question? Why would we want to tell scum what *not* to do?

Riddle, you scum?!

Vrael (Kat) - Hi Kat!
Riddle - what purpose does your question serve? I don't believe that there is one objective scum tell that is the end all of scumtells.
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici (TPK) - You're generally sweet and to the point. Would you rather lynch for information or lynch an inactive? I've been playing for almost two years on SWF.
Tom - Hey Tom. I'm going to step up this game since it's going to be my last one until august most likely. So Hi.
Tandora - Hi Tanny!
Hi, Jungle!

How come you only asked some people questions and said hi to others? What do you plan to accomplish with this?

Question to everybody:
Newbie 3 = Lost
Pop Disney = Lost
Popcorn Mafia = Lost
Grammys 2 = Lost
Mayfia = Probably gonna lose.

So, unless I forgot a game, this is my sixth one I've been in. I included my dismal loss record to show that I've never known the sweet taste of victory. NEVER! So, town, don't screw around this game. Don't self vote, don't self hammer, and don't play anti-town. Playing sloppy only makes other townies go for you and then scum wins.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
hai guys

You can all refer to me as the replacee! :chuckle:

Firstly, foremost[ly], and at Jungle, elaborate on #36 - "going fishing" implies Tom is out to fish for something... - describe your thinking process at this point plz, particularly considering he misunderstood, and with no closure =p RVS banter?, hmmm but still, I find there's always an element of thought process that drives a written post and your particular one piqued my interest! - I want to know what you think he could have [jokingly] been fishing for...

Actually now that I'm overthinking this, I really wanted to see how that jungle/tom exchange played out. Tom whatwhy didn't you understand it?
_

Everyone:

When did this game die? o.O... from what I'm reading it hasn't died, it never did die! Regardless: the last statement, in conjunction with your numbered addressing both interest me:

"1)" implies you had additional numbered points prepared in your post, otherwise in context there'd be no reason to include it, (refer to "Everyone:"). Why did you eliminate the rest of your numbered points in this instance? hmmm... you're free to ignore this.

However, to supplement:- if the last statement of your quote wasn't allowable, and considering its obviousness as a generic answer, then it implies you wanted an insight into player-specific scumtells. Is this true? If so then dramatically put, you wanted "everyone" to reveal their trade secrets, and such a motive has no benefit to the town IMO. I actually think your reason to get discussion going is... genuine ([genuine from which alignment?]), but on-balance, why would this have been beneficial to you alone? And why was this the ultimate discussion-stimulating question from your perspective.

Interestingly: #57 looks like you anticipated my type of reaction to your question, considering "nothing" was capitalised as it was, with strong emphasis that there was no ulterior motive. Why was this?
_

@Tom - what intentions do you see behind Riddle's "bad" question? Why did you highlight it as a bad question and then proceed to answer it?
_

@Exn:- I always find it interesting reading RVS phases when a game has ended! Especially to see how scum played it. Sometimes, as a starting off basis, I personally quite like to distinguish between which posts look genuine and which look scripted on the first/second page as the game starts, (or throughout whichever introductory phase)... This is because I get a feeling scum have to script something in jest to disguise the red-colouring of their role that have inked their minds (and consequently come across more mechanical in the whole process), whereas such 'introductory' posts flow more naturally from a townie!

Also:

Let's get a jungle wagon plz.

Vote: Jungle

_

Tanny-anny! I'm also interested in Jungle's list btw... you know me... and lists... they don't go well together. I thought it was quite selective personally. I'm glad you asked the question btw! Join me and vote jungle.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I said hi to you and tanny because i couldn't think of anything to ask you since I don't recall ever playing with eiteher of you

The fishing thing was just RVS banter as you stated

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Tandora: some questions are better than no questions... do you see a specific problem with who junglefever asked questions of and who he did not?

@Kataefi: still writing essays i see. i didnt know if jungle meant if i was fishing or not. because i didnt bait any sort of information, i just chastised people for not taking part in the rvs, not putting votes on other real players. so i thought he might have been confused or must have meant something else. also, i see good intentions behind the fact that riddle asked a question to the group, but it was a bad question. it doesnt tell us anything about anyone, and it has fairly obvious answers. not bad as in reveals information we need to hide, but bad as in no real point. i answered it because not answering questions raises unnecessary suspicion.

i dont blame jungle for not making sense, nor riddle for asking the wrong questions.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Vrael (Kat) - Hi Kat!
Tandora - Hi Tanny!
Eh, most of this week. I have finals tomorrow & tuesday, and am busy during the other weekdays. Friday is the official start of my summer, so I should be more active by then.

It doesn't seem like this will be much of a problem at the current moment, as it appears that this game is moving quite slowly.

Don't worry, guys. I won't abandon this game. I will try to remain active throughout, and not make Character Analysis and empty promises like last game.

Anyway, I'll start my case... tomorrow.

[/joke]

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Jungle:- that's interesting considering the last game we played was dbz... only a week ago... with you in it. Am I that quiet? :chuckle: Anyway I've understood it now - at the time of your post, Vrael was still, in effect, playing the game.

unvote

Curiously, what would you have asked me? Have you played with Vrael before? About the fishing thing - it's still elusive because you haven't explained the joke. Could you?
_

@Tom:- wouldn't you like to know what sense jungle was trying to make instead? Further, do you believe that potential answers generated from Riddle's question can harm town/help scum? If Riddle's question is, and in your own words um, bad, then why is it unnecessarily suspicious to not answer such a question?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
...lol allready forgot about DBZ. And I was a strong proponent of NK'ing you too :p

I more than likely would not have asked you anything but rather said something like 'Hope you speak up more this game! Your input is always welcome" since I find that you generally do make strong, valid arguments.

I've played with Vrael in the DRoom, but my question/thought on Vrael would be completely different than yours, so it was hard to put something there when it was still sort of in limbo.

Anyway, there's no real "joke" i guess behind the fishing thing. I just like to chastise Tom. I guess I tried to imply he was looking for something, but I have no idea what, I didn't put too much thought into it. Again, it was RVS banter.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hey Jungle,

I first thought that was a pretty loaded question, I'd had a bit of an argument with sworddancer in your Cartoons Mafia about a similar subject.

I generally try to blend in, go unnoticed or at least unsuspected (like a good townie/mafia) so it depends on each game. Having said that, I don't have it down to an art..

..or a science...

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I said hi to you and tanny because i couldn't think of anything to ask you since I don't recall ever playing with eiteher of you

The fishing thing was just RVS banter as you stated
I know for a fact we've played together before. IIRC, it was Pop Disney and you were pretty inactive so that may be why you forgot me. =(

I would think if you've never played with a player before, it is EVEN more important to know their playstyle or to ask questions from them instead of targeting people you are familiar with.

@Tandora: some questions are better than no questions... do you see a specific problem with who junglefever asked questions of and who he did not?
Let's look over his list:
Vrael (Kat) - Hi Kat!
Tandora - Hi Tanny!

Asks Ermac when he's gonna disappear. Thus giving an impression that Ermac is gonna be inactive.
Says hello to Kat. I consider this a fair cop since Kat is replacing and thus has not interacted at all this game.
Tells Kirbyoshi to not repeat a game thus making him look incompetent.
His question to Riddle is fine as it's reacting to something Riddle did this game.
Vx5 - Kisses up to him. Question is fine. Responds to a question from V.
Tom - Kissing up and saying hi. No other info.
Jungle - Puts self down.
Exn's question seems a bit pointless as how will knowing how a different forum playstyle will help us?
Greenstreet's question is fine.
Swiss's question at least establishes experience so we can know to expect newb mistakes or not.
Vand's question is fine I suppose.
Says hi to me.

Now it looks initially that Jungle is trying to set up some RQS but cannot figure out what to say to people. But on further inspection, to me, it looks like he's subtly trying to discredit some of the other players by reminding everyone of their mistakes. He targets himself as a "joke" but it could be further cover. I might be overexaggerating, but I don't think I am.

Either Jungle is scum or being scrubby and neither is acceptable. Jungle defend yourself!

vote junglefever

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Ah, right we played in Disney Mafia. I was V/LA for like 2 Days in that game >>;;

I'm actually not familiar with anyone on this list other than Tom. I think I've played maybe 2 games max with the players if that.

My list was more to get the ball rolling more than anything. The people I didn't really have questions for are ones I've watched play before (I know i watched you in Newbie 3, I watched Kat replace in PW, and played and watched Tom play countless times).

For those that you say i discret

I wasnt actually thinking Ermac was going to say "im going to be inactive starting ___" i was hoping for something more along the lines of 'i know that this stuff is a commitment and i need ot treat it as such' sort of thing. Call it hypocritical, but I'm not a large fan of lurkers.

Telling someone to not make a fatal flaw that cost town a game isn't meant to put someone down, it's hope that they will understand their mistake and will pay more attention to detail, which is important in mafia. It's not a put down as much as it is a 'step it up this game' type of thing.

Knowing how someone plays in two different places can make a big difference, especially if one attempts to use meta as a backing for a case on someone. Knowing Exn's thoughts on how the DRoom here on SWF is different than Dgames let's me see how he treats the games, and gives me a bi more insight into Exn

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
unvote

@Tom:- wouldn't you like to know what sense jungle was trying to make instead? Further, do you believe that potential answers generated from Riddle's question can harm town/help scum? If Riddle's question is, and in your own words um, bad, then why is it unnecessarily suspicious to not answer such a question?
No, it's fairly now that he was just trying to be funny / give me a hard time, and just failed. I don't think answers to Riddle's question will do anything. "What's the biggest scumtell," isn't going to help anyone unless they are *complete* Newbies with no sense of the game. It also extracts no worthwhile information from anyone so it's a bad question. Not a scummy, but a bad. But, if you avoid questions answered at everyone, sometimes people jump you, so it can attract unnecessary attention. Do you understand? I already explained this once.

I'm looking to see what Greenstreet, Exn, Ermac, V, Swiss, Vanderzant think of the votes on Junglefever. We have something rolling now!

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
@jungle: I know I said I'd be inactive for most of this week, but I think I should be able to get a couple posts in here and then, so it might appear as if I'm playing like I did last game, minus the in-depth PBPs and the tunneling.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@jungle: I know I said I'd be inactive for most of this week, but I think I should be able to get a couple posts in here and then, so it might appear as if I'm playing like I did last game, minus the in-depth PBPs and the tunneling.
most of THIS week? its MONDAY!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Question to everybody:
I've completed one game before (Newbie 6) and am in 2 others which are approaching mid-end game.

Hmm odd question. Not really, no.

You can never know for sure. I guess there are time's when someone makes an obvious scum slip ( I haven't seen it happen yet), but I think it usually just comes down to intuition and who ever has the best case D1.
(underlined) What's this supposed to mean? Are you saying that scum are most likely to have the best case D1?

I'm looking to see what Greenstreet, Exn, Ermac, V, Swiss, Vanderzant think of the votes on Junglefever. We have something rolling now!
Not really sure what to make of Jungle thus far.

@Kat: Hi! I see you called for a wagon on Jungle, but then unvoted shortly after. If I were around at the time, I probably would of joined in. Was Jungle's #36 and "forgetfulness" over past games the only reason you called for a wagon?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I've skim read stuff - will read through properly soon.

Don't like this:
@Kat: Hi! I see you called for a wagon on Jungle, but then unvoted shortly after. If I were around at the time, I probably would of joined in. Was Jungle's #36 and "forgetfulness" over past games the only reason you called for a wagon?
(The play not the post)

Not too fond of Jungle.

I've been in one complete game and replaced in one, got two games on the go at the mo'. I like to think I'm a decent player but it's always hard to know how good you are.

Gonna start calling for bandwagons on a random inactive soon as well. Hate inactivity.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Now all we need is for kirbyyoshi & co to speak up and we'll have liftoff.

@Swiss:- by "not too fond of", does this imply you have a possible analysis on jungle atm? Also distinguish between 'the play' and 'the post'. Welcome back!

pre-super ultra hyperbeam @Swiss:- do what you did in newbie 6 aka sneak into my cult again and... it's too ugly to tell! :chuckle:

@Vanz:- Welcome back!, and hi, and yes. Except add 'the list' to that, though my suspicions on it have lessened. The forgetfulness is also a little odd but, well, we all get old. Would you have agreed with my points?, or would you have joined the wagon simply for pressure?

@Jungle:- what do you think about the players considering voting you btw? Also, you're not too fond of lurkers?... would you say anyone is lurking atm?

@Tom:- it's likely your bad and my bad are different. I personally see the information generated from riddle's question as potentially harmful to town (thus not worthless to scum) should everyone answer it, what with my analysis on it in the posts above.

Don't you agree that though the intention may have been good, it would have been better supplemented by a more appropriate question to kickstart the Day off? Resultantly, I feel no one should feel suspicious for the refusal to answer it.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
ninja'd =(

but still, @swiss:- what is specific about vanderzant's trustees that would aid mafia and their NKs? Does this suggest you think Vanderzant is town?

Swiss

Smash Lord
@Swiss:- by "not too fond of", does this imply you have a possible analysis on jungle atm? Also distinguish between 'the play' and 'the post'. Welcome back!
I disliked the play highlighted, not the post by Vanderzant.

pre-super ultra hyperbeam @Swiss:- do what you did in newbie 6 aka sneak into my cult again and... it's too ugly to tell! :chuckle:
Don't worry, I'm just a standard goon this time and not the godfather D: (omg scum slip edit edit edit)

what is specific about vanderzant's trustees that would aid mafia and their NKs? Does this suggest you think Vanderzant is town?

Not necessarily, but any player who wants to know a list of townies is either a dodgy town or a scum baiting for the best night kill. The fact that he asked Vanz as opposed to another player is, imo, irrelevant. I don't really understand the first part of your question, but assume I have answered it.

Top Bottom