• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S: EPIC CHARACTERS ARE EPIC! 08/21/2010 Winthrop Harbor, IL

Tink

Smash Hero
oro....the thing is, if he puts some in doubles, usaully 1st place gets all the doubles extras....and then its like, lame :/.

maybe something like a 35-15 for first and second....idk.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Haha Tink if you remember the last pot bonus tourney all 3rd place got in every event was a hug from Webster. I know it ain't happenin I just love my doubles.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
lets do mid tiers
Why not high tiers?

Oh wait. :D

Edit: Get at my Danmaku Touhou! I might practice the fighters a bit, but I really don't enjoy them that much, but that's probably because I don't have them english patched, aka understand a single thing thats going on.

ORLY

Smash Master
I've been playing a lot of SSF4 in my area. The new characters add more dimension; I like it.

Watch out for Juri, though. Seriously, she ***** people.

ORLY

Smash Master
She's soooooo good. But new unexpected contender: T.Hawk? When did that guy get Zangief grabs with a better approach?

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I think Guile's pretty decent now. His new ultra is ridiculous and I love his sunglasses taunt, lol.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Yeah SSF4 is gonna have hype. I'd like to give the IL/WI 2d a good tourney, hopefully this will be it.

If we get more smash players playing SSF4, then I would have achieved something the 2d community NEVER THOUGHT WAS POSSIBLE!!!

:)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I bought SSF4, and I'm loving it so far. I'm trying to get better with my SFA3 main, Cammy, but her combos are so hard. XD

If anyone wants to play on PSN sometime, let me know, my PSN is ZombieSwarm.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Holy **** this.

Webster, if you could get a 2d fighting game besides MBAA that actually LOOKED fun, I don't know what I'd do.
:laugh:

Well there are tons of fighting games out there. But the more I think about it, it's really hard to get people interested in the ones that don't have online competition. Especially if there is no local scene and if that game isn't already popular from a year or two ago.

I'm hoping soon they make another Guilty Gear, and it's playable online....and it's actually GOOD (I don't really like Accent Core. I LOOOOOVE SLASH THOUGH :D ).

BlazBlue is Meh, but I'll probably get Continum Shift when it's released this summer.

I am totally awaiting for King of Fighters XIII to be released. When it is, I can say "so long" to Super Crouching Camper Hidden Fighter 4 (BORE)!

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
:laugh:

Well there are tons of fighting games out there. But the more I think about it, it's really hard to get people interested in the ones that don't have online competition. Especially if there is no local scene and if that game isn't already popular from a year or two ago.
No no, you misunderstood me. I don't want to get interested in a fighting game, I want it to LOOK fun. I have yet to see a 2D fighter and go "Wow, that looks like a game I'd enjoy." since TvC and MBAA, both of which I ended up really not liking. I blame Tekkaman for TvC, though. His slow *** combos that string into Scorpion are SOOOO gay.

ORLY

Smash Master
It's been a while since I played Bomberman64, but can't there be teams too?

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
i'll be going to the tournament, and ill bring a brawl setup. anyone need a ride between south bend and Winthrop?

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping soon they make another Guilty Gear, and it's playable online....and it's actually GOOD (I don't really like Accent Core. I LOOOOOVE SLASH THOUGH :D ).
I've always wondered, what're the big differences between Slash and Accent Core outside of the announcer change (why) and some balance changes? I know there was a divide in the community when AC first came out, but I never understood why.

Also Oro, make sure you bring Guilty Gear to this tourney so we can actually play, lol.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lmao for sure, but all I have is #reload aka 2002 bs where Eddie is way op and banned, and a lot of moveset/move cancels are different or lacking. I might try and bring a copy of AC+ if I can get one though. Not sure why there was a community divide either other than most likely certain character mains being more viable in one and thus getting support from said mains.:laugh:

Top Bottom