• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M2k How do you train your Fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
M2K i gotta know, i was watching some of your matches from Pound 4 and your fox is just a beast, and was wondering how did you get it so fast and everything, do you do any type of training with it or any tips of getting my fox faster

holypho

Smash Apprentice
im not m2k but this is what i think

practice alot. it looks like every move seems second nature to him. it looks like he knows how to trick ppl into his moves, edge protecting is very very good and etc.

First i would practice learning the techniques for fox. drill to shine and what not. probably do it until you can do multiple drill to shines like you see on youtube. now you know how to use the move but not how to use it in battle. you need to practice on lvl 1s or your friend and pretend the situation calls for what you just learned, dont just use it not knowing when to : /. blalahablah blah basically just keep doing it until you feel you can use the tech combo in battle. Then you prace another aspect of the game for another situation in battle like edge guarding or sumthing, till you get that down and keep doing it.

it probably is best to keep it simple at first cuz if you try to learn too many things at once you probably wont know the ways the technique+tech combos can be countered by ur opponent and end up being predictable playing which equals death

Zone

Smash Champion
I'd also like to add, be sure to practice the more useful and practical stuff first. Like being closer to 100% consistent with l-cancels and spacing, vs knowing how to shdl, and being able to edge cancel forward b. Get the priorities of what you should learn first correct.

Jonas

Smash Champion
M2K has spent countless hours practicing in his room. He got all the technical stuff down and he can move mindnumbingly fast. Plus he's a living Melee encyclopedia, so he knows which moves beat which, which moves are faster, how much range every move has, how to DI everything plus a lot more. He's a **** robot :O

Vts

Smash Champion
M2K has spent countless hours practicing in his room. He got all the technical stuff down and he can move mindnumbingly fast. Plus he's a living Melee encyclopedia, so he knows which moves beat which, which moves are faster, how much range every move has, how to DI everything plus a lot more. He's a **** robot :O

but even with all that knowledge of the game he still loses :(

also watched countless videos of himself and other to see what works best.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
He loses because Jiggs is dumb.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you specifically need M2k's response, send him a PM. Otherwise go to the fox room and read the stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom