• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M2K stuff about Marth (big update first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bug

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all the useful information. I can't stop reading Marth info to prepare for when it finally comes out in the States.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
M2K?
Mewtwoking? Why call yourself MewTwoKing if you don't even play Mewtwo?
That's cool, yet another amazing combo you've come up with that doesn't work whatsoever.

Also amazing how many people immediately start smoking your c0ck anyway.

"your too good i wish i could be like you
m2k for president"

"Even at Brawl,M2K is too good.
Thanks."

"good stuff m2k. you do need a combo named after u. it's just too good"

You all need to quit sucking his ****. Get off the tit and play your own style you scrubass b1tches.
Name: Zoumotsu (lol)
Accomplishments: N/A

btw, Mew2king used to use Mew2 when he first started smash. Do you really think he'd keep using Mew2 for the past 6 years?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
No, honestly, I hate brawl and I think the game is extremely terrible so far.

I Marth dittoed a level 9, did forward B B B downB combo, and during my rapid Down B stabs, he up Bd outta it.

I did center hit fair at 80, ready to do another Fair, and HE FAIRED ME FIRST? In SSBM it's like 0-35 or 0-40 that they can do that but in brawl it like doesn't combo at all. I did tipper fair at like 25% and they faired me back. I haven't done too many tests on that but I remember that much. The game is NOT good for competitive purposes at all, that's how I see it.

Here's how I see it, Brawl is whoevers gayer and smarter wins, melee is whoevers better wins. I may be exaggerating but it's highly tilted towards this with the different games so far.

Shield grabbing is broken, Toon Link and DeDeDes especially, and I just don't like my preimages of how the game will evolve into.

I still want to help the community though.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Terrible in terms that it doesn't play much like Melee? That seems to be a rather stubborn reason for not liking a game that isn't supposed to be Melee II.

Black_jo

Smash Journeyman

I Marth dittoed a level 9, did forward B B B downB combo, and during my rapid Down B stabs, he up Bd outta it.

I did center hit fair at 80, ready to do another Fair, and HE FAIRED ME FIRST? In SSBM it's like 0-35 or 0-40 that they can do that but in brawl it like doesn't combo at all. I did tipper fair at like 25% and they faired me back. I haven't done too many tests on that but I remember that much. The game is NOT good for competitive purposes at all, that's how I see it.

Here's how I see it, Brawl is whoevers gayer and smarter wins, melee is whoevers better wins. I may be exaggerating but it's highly tilted towards this with the different games so far.

Shield grabbing is broken, Toon Link and DeDeDes especially, and I just don't like my preimages of how the game will evolve into.

I still want to help the community though.

level 9 cpus were "broken" in melee too

pro advice : play against a human rofl

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol.

Honestly, can't the man give his opinion?

He said he will still help the community grow despite his dislike for the game.

Don't concentrate on his opinion. Concentrate on his willingness to share knowledge and promote growth.

Black_jo

Smash Journeyman
everybody has the right to give their opinions. I dont see the problem

i hope brawl doesnt suck seriously :(

M2K, you said the game is more gay but is it because they made the characters/DI too broken or its just the cpus that are that lame?

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
@ArtieBoy : Very nice signature, it owns. But you DO know Pein isn't the true leader of the Akatsuki leader right? :p ;)

@Mew2King: Yeah the whole lack of stun time seems pretty lame to me. It kind of kills the point of Marth's tipper ability. Its not even a matter of comparing melee Marth to Brawl Marth. I think most players can agree that the actual "stun" of Marth's tipper is what made him so wicked, but no...they had to mess with the game's physics and just leave in the "increased damage" aspect of the tipper hit. But, I guess I'll have to suck it up and get over it. Not like melee is far from me right now. lol But I do agree with you in a nutshell. I love fighting games with logic, and Brawl seems to have lost quite a bit of it. But like you, I'm trying to adapt to it too. lol

Oh and me and my mate made this cool formula regarding brawl. I think it was"no stun time + slower characters + floatiness = NO COMBOS! Which is one of the best elements of any wicked fighting game. =/

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
@ArtieBoy : Very nice signature, it owns. But you DO know Pein isn't the true leader of the Akatsuki leader right? :p ;)

@Mew2King: Yeah the whole lack of stun time seems pretty lame to me. It kind of kills the point of Marth's tipper ability. Its not even a matter of comparing melee Marth to Brawl Marth. I think most players can agree that the actual "stun" of Marth's tipper is what made him so wicked, but no...they had to mess with the game's physics and just leave in the "increased damage" aspect of the tipper hit. But, I guess I'll have to suck it up and get over it. Not like melee is far from me right now. lol But I do agree with you in a nutshell. I love fighting games with logic, and Brawl seems to have lost quite a bit of it. But like you, I'm trying to adapt to it too. lol

Oh and me and my mate made this cool formula regarding brawl. I think it was"no stun time + slower characters + floatiness = NO COMBOS! Which is one of the best elements of any wicked fighting game. =/
yea madara is i figured that out last week and i didnt make but thank you.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
heh, no combos in brawl? haven't played much, have you? has anyone who made that statement had more than ten hours of solid play time?

Long lasting combos in brawl are 80% reading DI, not just the continuous pressing of buttons. That requires the ability to read minds, but it's doable.

I've found weird combos like down throw into upair into uptilt with Marth, and I know there will be others as well. Being upset that "fair to fair to fair to fair" doesn't work isn't giving the game developers much credit.

Shinku

Smash Champion
i cant blame m2k for thinking that brawl wont be competitive, rather than just a party game, which scares the hell out of me. i ain't gonna fake, i freaking miss wavedashing, ALOT. thats what separated newbs to the good people

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Here's how I see it, Brawl is whoevers gayer and smarter wins, melee is whoevers better wins.
You had to be REALLY gay if you wanted to be "good" in melee.
Laser spamming, chain throwing, dair->shine combos, waveshine->upsmash

Its' more like
"whoever spaces and plays smarter does well in Brawl"
"whoever has amazing tech skill wins in melee"

And tech skill=gimping ability

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You had to be REALLY gay if you wanted to be "good" in melee.
Laser spamming, chain throwing, dair->shine combos, waveshine->upsmash

Its' more like

Um, look at the characters that have been winning tournaments recently (Marth, Jigglypuff).
For those characters, there isn't much tech skill involved...

Just in case you didn't know, Silent Wolf doesn't win tournies >_>

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
heh, no combos in brawl? haven't played much, have you? has anyone who made that statement had more than ten hours of solid play time?

Long lasting combos in brawl are 80% reading DI, not just the continuous pressing of buttons. That requires the ability to read minds, but it's doable.

I've found weird combos like down throw into upair into uptilt with Marth, and I know there will be others as well. Being upset that "fair to fair to fair to fair" doesn't work isn't giving the game developers much credit.
Indeed, my friend owns the game. I wasn't complaining about missing that particular combo of marth's. The most combos I've seen in brawl is like a 3 move hit. I mean, three hits are ok, but in melee...you can do a good handful of 0% to death, without wavedashing in allot of cases. Which one is better? You and I can both agree easily that small combos are better then no combos. But in general, I don't really consider brawl (at this time anyway) a combo game. Its a fun game, no doubt. But I don't think its "wicked fun" like melee. But hey, its new so lets all work together to stumble on stuff. I have hope...

Chexr

Smash Ace
Combos in melee were all about abusing the physics of the game to 0 to death or easy edgeguarding with smashes on the ledge. Brawl is about taking advantage your opponents mind to combo them while evading their attacks. Ledge guarding will be difficult and unique. People will rise to gimp other people when time goes on. To be good in brawl you're going to have to be aggressive but when you're aggressive you're also going to take hits that you otherwise wouldnt take. As long as you deal more though thats what matters even if you get punished directly after hitting your opponent.

Melee is very different from brawl but at the same time exactly the same between certain characters. Just think of brawl as a ton of jigglypuff dittos but with normal moves. Maybe that's not fun for other people but those were some of my favorate fights in melee. Different styles is all it is. Either way its a welcomed change for me.

That was a lot of rambling.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Which characters were dominating 2-3 years ago?
Most "pros" left tourney play anyways.
Sheik, Marth, and Fox.

Oh yeah, I forgot Sheik and Marth required a lot of tech skill.

By the way, 2-3 years ago....were people really that techy? Look at the old vids of Ken's Fox.

Oh, and there's more "pros" now then there were before if anything >_>

Irow

Smash Ace
I respect you a lot Mew2King, thanks for your opinions. Marth's attacks actually do more damage on his A moves - On just about all of them, including the forward smash tipped.

However, I don't know why you have a problem with the smarter player winning. It makes Smash have some chess-like elements. If you know now that if you fair a person, and they can fair you back before you can fair - Would it not be logical to not attempt the second fair?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Not being able to combo isn't a good thing nor is it a good change.

It's bad anyway you look at it.

Now the only thing that really decides a match between two good people is spacing.

But even then you aren't screwed when you make a mistake since a hit usually means just that.

A single hit.

You gotta work your butt off for a single hit. How is this acceptable?

BTW I think Brawl is cool, but let's not kid ourselves.

Melee is a superior game COMPETITIVELY.

dieslow

Smash Ace
^ agreed. after playing 20+ hours, I'm very disappointed in this game. i keep getting the feeling like im playing a very dumbed down version of melee.. and i should.

but.. how could they top a great game like melee? to me, brawl just confirms that the depth in melee wasn't intentional at all.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Melee>Brawl in competitive play no doubt
Brawl>Melee in everything else, Brawl beats melee in fun factor by a huge sum.

And I'd rather play a strike game than a combo game. But thats my personal liking.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I don't understand...

What exactly is "gayer" and why is that combined with smarter not translating to being "better"?

Honest question, seriously.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Combos in brawl are more like 2-3 hit deals, not extreme like in melee. It's also harder to gimp people. To me, these are good things. Melee combos took skill, but they were still too powerful.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
No, Smash64 combos were too powerful.

Getting hit by one move and ending up a death combo that always works = rofl

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
ah come on... this game reviews from m2k are depressing...

the game coudnt be that bad!!! :(

definitely this reading destroyed my day

:(

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
this game isn't very much the smarter player winning

here's why, and I already stated this earlier

i played a level 9 marth in a ditto, center hit faired him at 80, then tried to fair again, and he faired me back

tipper fair at 25 and he faired me back

forward B B B downB and he UP BD me out during my rapid downB combo

this game isn't as much who's smarter rather than trading hits, and aerial/shield camping.

you can run under someone and just shield grab marth, DeDeDe can shield grab a marth F smash the majority of the time, and if you run under marth when he jumps and blocks, you can grab right away

also you dont even need to time it like you did in SSBM, cuz if you are just a few frames too fast in your shield grab, the game automatically shield grabs for you. It's too lenient, it takes away the element of timing, and you can't even buffer roll or buffer dodge unless you're in your air dodge animation as you're coming down

combos take skill, and are a sure way for pros to **** noobs, so far this game is mostly just trading hits and being campy. The advanced techniques which lets you move faster and have more options are taken out, dumbing the game down from it's competitive potential.

That's how I see things, sorry if you don't like it

Also I'll say this now, the only real reason I'm playing brawl is because it's new and everyone else is, if it was my choice I'd just stick with Melee forever, but it's hard to have motivation in a game where most people aren't gonna play it.

No it requires a GUESSING GAME and when you're not playing good people guessing is bad because they do random things, and being able to move fast covers more options. I used to think like you too before I got good, but then I realized being good has GUARANTEED things and "mindgames" are still elements of luck, because you are hoping they do what you want them to. Luck is BAD. Stop trying to say Brawl is mindgamey just cuz advanced techs are taken out, it doesn't have nearly as many reliably good things to assure you will win if you are better, and the game wasn't designed as a competitive game, it's just extremely popular.

Its' more like

so you're saying spacing and being smart don't matter in melee?

No it's more like "whoever is better at melee as a whole will win the majority of the time, as there are many options you have to expand your gameplay and increase your overall ability"

brawl is more like "whoever does gayer things like shield and aerial camping has a big advantage, and due to advanced tactics being taken out, high level play offense isn't nearly as effective as before, and due to less options for gameplay in the game, it's more of a guessing game than before rather than reliable measures you can take to win being the better player"

gimping ability is how smart you are or how well you know the game, you don't need much tech skill to gimp.

trust me, i was looking forward to brawl a LOT, it's not easy for me to say these things, but im not lying in my opinions at all. This game was NOT designed to be competitive, even if we try to make it competitive, it won't have nearly the potential melee did.

You guys know, the E 4 all demo had crouch cancelling, l-canceling (if you fast fall it cancels it), dash dancing, and even things like moonwalking and marios down throw chain grab and better combos.

they were ALL removed for the final game, having the E for all demo version of the game would make it a lot better for competitive play, cuz it had more options and skillbased things, you don't have to use them if you don't want to, but isn't it nice to be able to expand your options if you want to get a lot better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom