• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah theres more info on wikipedia XD...
Anywya im really hopin they make a new MR game, and a kid icarus too, would be sweet if they bring back a lot of retro games like they did with duck hunt for wii (which i played yesterday XD)...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah theres more info on wikipedia XD...
Anywya im really hopin they make a new MR game, and a kid icarus too, would be sweet if they bring back a lot of retro games like they did with duck hunt for wii (which i played yesterday XD)...
for the love of god tell me, was the dog there? please have the dog there...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was incredibly dissapointed no dog, but consider it that its a demo and well maybe the dog will be in the game when its done XD...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Heh... they really ought to give you the option to shoot that ******* this time around too... :chuckle:

And um... yeah... Mach Rider FTW!
I could have sworn there was an old game where you could shoot the dog, but I don't remember it being a duck Hunt Game... (goes to closet and breaks out NES)

And I got to level FOUR in Mach rider:chuckle:

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol yep MR has some sweet music... lol me and super smash brotha are the ones that most post here, what can i say Mach rider #1!!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
IN THE WORLD: Most likely

PEOPLE I KNOW: Not really

ON YOUTUBE: *Goes off to check*

EDIT: No. who knows, I may be the best MR player in the world :p
Whoever played the game from that YOUTUBE video (well, the only one I could find at the time) sucked big time... Any you might very well be THE BEST Mach Rider player in the world. I salute you.

At any rate, I had a new idea for a victory pose which comes from the game itself: In the game, if the player manages to beat it without touching another rider (who the Hell could pull THAT off, other than Jesus or cheaters that had a Game Genie handy? ), Mach Rider would get off his bike and give a thumbs up to the player (not quite as motivating as getting to see Samus in a space bikini, but hey).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach_Rider

So... whatcha guys think?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I dunno... I originally was thinking of something along those lines, but after seeing that Mario Kart themed stage, it would be an overused concept then. Maybe something more akin to the Big Blue stage from SSBM, like an endless road in the middle of a desert wasteland where you battle atop armored trucks or something. Another idea was a stage in the middle of the city ruins, with a road running down the middle of it. At any rate, I would definitely implement the Quadriders, where you would have to look out for their machine gun fire and from them actually crasing into you. Any other ideas guys?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Sounds fantastic, actually. I'd love a stage where you just battle atop a tanker. Kinda like that stage in Mega Man X2 :p

parrothead

Smash Lord
Here is a video I found on YouTube, but it's not too good, because it doesn't show Mach Rider himself shooting the Quad Runners nor it plays the original BGM (background music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap_pJ0uKUOI

I still support Mach Rider, but do any of you support any of my character ideas?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Here is a video I found on YouTube, but it's not too good, because it doesn't show Mach Rider himself shooting the Quad Runners nor it plays the original BGM (background music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap_pJ0uKUOI

I still support Mach Rider, but do any of you support any of my character ideas?
Of course, parrothead! M. Anderson and Tin Star are my #1 picks for SNES era characters (WAY better choices than Lip), and I'm pretty sure you won most people over with SNES Mac instead of NES Mac. Demille and Stafy are good ideas aswell - though they don't seem to get too much attention on SmashBoards these days, they still seem very popular on the N-Sider boards thanks particularly to ALGUS strongly promoting them. I guess part of the problem with those two is that a lot of people on these forums are pretty adamant against the inclusion of Japan-only characters - even Takamaru and Sigurd get alot of flak for that reaon... Oh well... I like the Sable and Richard idea as well, and I already stated plenty of times that I prefer Alice over that generic Balloon Fighter. At any rate, I'm glad you support M. Rider. :grin:
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/202/a/d/Mach_Rider__s_Smashing_Moves_by_AngstyGuy.jpg
Gotta admit the drawing is sweet, but I like fliptroopas moves better, tough the <>B is pretty sweet XD...
Hey dude, that was MY moveset... :mad: j/k Yeah, it's Flip's drawing, but I'm the one that came up with the moveset. I'm glad you like it. :grin: But there are some things I like about AngstyGuy's moveset better, namely the chain slash. I also like how he developed MR's logo based off the title screen. But yeah, thanks again Stryks!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Quadrider's Hideout... sounds interesting... I like. :grin:

I was wondering though if maybe they could finally implement those nasty aliens that laid the future to waste in the first place - like a mothership of some sort flying over the ruins of a major city or something...

Top Bottom