• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
That's a cool idea there, but what I was thinking was something more like the Corneria stage in SSBM, except the ship is higher above the city. Now that I think about it, I kinda like your idea better...

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking something like that also. Would it be like that one Ness stage or would it be like Onett only with a ship and the town is in ruins.
That is sweet dude. :drool:
We need some grim and bleak themes in Smash to counter all the overly happy-go -lucky themes of Yoshi's story and what not. Yey for apocalyptic future! :laugh:

Stryks

Smash Hero
I want some kick *** stages, tired of cute-like stages like yoshi and those, so hopin they make the Mach rider stage awesome...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I got an idea: Seeing how most character threads have either degenerated into SPAM or have just been pretty much forgotten about altogether, how about we post pics of our own MR redesigns, as well as stage concepts and what not - just to make things a little more fun. Doesn't have to look professional or anything, just post whatever. I hoping Mika will post something, but Stryks, SupaSmashBrotha, HMBG, parrothead, and anyone else - you guys are more than welcome to post your stuff, and any additional shetches from FlipTroopa would be awesome too. I suggest getting a photobucket account if you don't already have one - just host your stuff there and post. I should be getting something up soon myself. At any rate, let's make things interesting. :grin:

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Most of my drawings suck and my scanner is broke. But I will be getting a digital camera soon so I'll at least post some of my sucky drawings. And also just for the record... MR FTW!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*C-C-C-COMBO BREAK- ER... I MEAN BUMP!*

But at any rate, you guys have any ideas for a Mach Rider redesign? Not that he dosen't already look awesome, but I thought it'd be fun. I have some things to finish for one of my classes, but after Wednesday, I intend to get something up...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
His design would have to partially unique due to the fact that Snake and Captain Falcon would have a similar structure. His design should include a means of hurting his foes without the overuse of stylized kicks and knees and punches which both "realistic" men (CF and Snake) already have.

I still think he would be a great addition.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
*Bump In The Night*
This is a great idea because old school NES charachters need more respect. Maybe with this more people will be propelled to buy the old school games on the Wii's virtual system. On the business side it will be good for that reason so Ol' Mach Rider here has a good chance of getting in.Also the charachter moveset is a good one so there's that. oh and I say so,that should be enough.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
His design would have to partially unique due to the fact that Snake and Captain Falcon would have a similar structure. His design should include a means of hurting his foes without the overuse of stylized kicks and knees and punches which both "realistic" men (CF and Snake) already have.

I still think he would be a great addition.
Good suggestion Bowserlick, though I think C. Falcon falls more in the American comic book style superhero category than the "realistic" one. I was thinking of Mach Rider either paying homage to the Mad Max series or to the tokusatsu television series' of Japan, namely Kamen Rider - maybe a little bit of both... :grin:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Good suggestion Bowserlick, though I think C. Falcon falls more in the American comic book style superhero category than the "realistic" one. I was thinking of Mach Rider either paying homage to the Mad Max series or to the tokusatsu television series' of Japan, namely Kamen Rider - maybe a little bit of both... :grin:
I would agree that Captain Falcon does indeed seem like an American superhero, expecially with the tight spandex and outbursts of flame (yes he does seem a bit flamboyant, but I think that is his charm).

I am just worried that all three would mostly use the same methods of fighting. Yes Captain Falcon has more superhero effects with lightning knees and explosive elbows, but still both him and Snake utililize their legs, knees, and punches in stylized ways of attacking (and they have the same body structure which makes their punches more similar then say Mario's).

Snake and Falcon seem different enough to warrant such an attack. Falcon is like the frat boy superhero, while Snake is the rogue spy. I guess my concern is that Mach Rider would have a similar personality to Snake while maintaining similar moves to Falcon and Snake.

Although I do like your Mad Max suggestion. And the armor would probably give Mach Rider a different set of stats. I would envision him as a reverse Falcon. Not so much fast as in running speed (although still up there), but less powerful with quicker attacks and a better recovery.

Plomid

Smash Ace
I know youre not supose to send nintendo messages about characters.
BUT THAT DRAWING.<----allcaps
OH MY GOWED!<----allcaps
i espesically like his pose where his thumb is on fire
but im telling you this idea cant go to waste.
he already got his own throphy aaaand his own theme music so you haaaave to send sakurai no matter what tha mods nintendo or any one else says we have to get that concept art to nintendo (south park referance>) im super serial.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I know youre not supose to send nintendo messages about characters.
BUT THAT DRAWING.<----allcaps
OH MY GOWED!<----allcaps
i espesically like his pose where his thumb is on fire
but im telling you this idea cant go to waste.
he already got his own throphy aaaand his own theme music so you haaaave to send sakurai no matter what tha mods nintendo or any one else says we have to get that concept art to nintendo (south park referance>) im super serial.
:laugh: Thanks for liking my picture so much, dude!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Because no one can [insert verb here] like Gaston! :chuckle:

At any rate, I figured this thread needed... SOMETHING! So for now, here's some funny scraps from Mika.

Hopefully I'll get SOMETHING up myself... But for now, enjoy!

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol nice, sakurai should (and will knowing him) add more details to mach rider from his trhphy, just like all the stuff he added to fox and pits new look, like maybe battle scars in his outfit or helmet, ad more spikes, or hell why not, make his visor more transparent just like samus's in MP, and thus we see his eyes are pupiless *shocker!8 lol just a tough...

pirate-404

Smash Cadet
...That "WRYYYYYY" picture of Mach Rider makes me want to start a "Dio Brando for Brawl" thread.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Too bad Dio Brando has no chance since Sakurai-san said there would be no Manga or Anime characters - He would have the best Brawl Move in the game: "Za Warduo!" :chuckle:

While his moves may not incorporate dropping steam rollers on people, Mach Rider FTW!

And I think he wants another sandwich...

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I don't get it, why the heck would you want this generic no-name character? At least Balloon Fighter wouldn't be a crappy Falcon wanna be. I don't get it, there are so many awesome chars they could make.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Because no one can [insert verb here] like Gaston! :chuckle:
Here's to Disney's best villian of the 90's (Take THAT Jafar!)

You sir, win teh internets.As you can tell from my sig, I love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and as you can see from my deviantart, DIO is my favorite character. For MR's super, he should crush all other players with a futuristic Steam Roller

"Za Wurdo!"
Za WARDUO

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Whoa there... How is Balloon Fighter not a more generic a name than Mach Rider? And while he may bear similarities, he wouldn't be a C. Falcon wannabe - if anyone's that, it's Ganondorf, who was a freakin' carbon copy of C. Falcon in SSBM. Nothing against Ganon, but still...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I don't get it, why the heck would you want this generic no-name character? At least Balloon Fighter wouldn't be a crappy Falcon wanna be. I don't get it, there are so many awesome chars they could make.
man dude, if anything balloon fighter is more generic, not having a name an all, mach rider is awesome, few knew pit, but now that hes in brawl his popularity gained an incredible boost same goes with mach rider, I played the game when I was a kid, and when I saw his trophy, I was incredibly happy...

Not to mention rumors say that both balloon fighter AND mach rider were in the beta version of smash, and thus if they were making a moveset wont be hard, since they already had one in beta version, also why would sakurai go with so much trouble and give mach rider a better more awesome kick *** look? why didnt he give pit a new loo... cause rumors say he was in beta, thats why...

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
yes, ballon fighter is just as generic as a name as mach rider, i never said otherwise.

I was saying Balloon Fighter would have more entertaining moves and playing style than mach rider. I'd rather see another FZero racer, which is saying a lot since I don't want anymore fzero racers. At least Captain Falcon has a name. Mach Rider. more like Meh Rider. OOOOooo BuRn! hakzor! Heck, I'd rather see more pokemon. I think Brawl should be reserved for characters that have names, or are so unique they'd add something "WTF" to the game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
mach rider may not be his name, but its like an alias, and same with captain falcon, I doubt his last name if falcon, so I believe ts an alias, but dude seriously why the hate with the names, its just a name, if u check the moveset provided by L. deathborne, u can c he can be unique, let him be a rival to capt. falcon in smash, sure another fzero racer would be great, but u gotta dig that awesome retro character...

moveset I mentioned!:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Thank you Stryks. Mach Rider is simply an alias like... Kamen Rider (Masked Rider), whom he's likely more or less a tribute to along with Mad Max. Falcon is C. Falcon's name, though (his full name is Douglas Jay Falcon). But I'm sure we're getting AT LEAST one more F-Zero pilot regardless of whether MR makes it or not.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*I'M THE GOD**** BATMAN- ER... BUMP*

Pshah... I should know better than to get off-topic like that...

At any rate, for some reason it seems that many people on other forums (i.e. gamefaqs, Nsiders, etc.) seem to have a hard time conceiving the idea of Mach Rider fighting in Super Smash Bros. WITHOUT his bike. Considering that Fox and C. Falcon already proved themselves outside their vehicles in SSB64, you'd think it wouldn't be so hard... but oh well...

At any rate, on the topic of movesets, I was wondering if anyone has their own ideas for a M. Rider moveset. I could also use some help improving mine with stats, tilts, aerials, and such.
So as C. Falcon would say: "Show me yo' moves!"

Top Bottom