• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison tourney featuring CACTUAR'S EXPERIMENTAL RULESET

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
are you bringing a set up? or going early?
Standardtoaster and I are leaving around 10PM in eau claire, so we should be at the tournament between 1pm and 2pm, I think. Unless we leave earlier.

Yes, we are bringing set ups. Five setups; 5 CRTs, 4 cubes, 2 memory cards, 2 melee discs, 1 wii + brawl.

john!

Smash Hero
i need a teammate i guess

i'll find one at the venue

people who want to team with me at the venue will have to guess my favorite color by R-G-B values

person with shortest 3-d vector length gets to team with me

sanchaz

Smash Lord
i need a teammate i guess

i'll find one at the venue

people who want to team with me at the venue will have to guess my favorite color by R-G-B values

person with shortest 3-d vector length gets to team with me
jeez, my teammate requires to be done @ 5:30 and has been playing since 2001. Your going down.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
holy **** xtra we gotta play. I might not get there till 2:00 though, which blows.

@frootloop, that is an amazing idea, I'd def do that. Each player can ban one mode, and loser counterpicks mode. Prob just do Pound 4 stages, otherwise things might get out of hand.

ORLY

Smash Master
i would def. do a $1 low tier in melee

half of my characters are low tier and bowser is basically madison's mascot (aside from DK)

ORLY

Smash Master
oh they assigned letters to it now

uhh, yeah i'd agree that E is about the barrier of low

IMO everything below it; no young links

Zicore

Smash Champion
What the **** is E tier, and why do these young nublets not know what low tier is?

And YL and Link have ALWAYS...I repeat...ALWAYS have been low tier. No johns, john.

I'm ****ing jacked for this.

HOLY WTF, I just looked at that tier list. Taj must have been jacking up on some scrubs in order for mewtwo to climb that high...

ORLY

Smash Master
we have to decide whether or not links are included in low tier

i think they're bad enough to qualify, but camping with y link against low tier can be incredibly lame

EDIT: i vote no

john!

Smash Hero
didn't a link player beat ken back in his prime?

and a ylink just won an international tournament

ban ban ban

a real low tier match only uses the ****tiest of the ****ty and not the "borderline viables"

edit: i'm totally not saying this just so frank can't challenge me with his young link. seriously. for reals.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I think low tier should be below the Links, because then we get to see a bunch of really awful characters that never get used.

Also, lol @ "low-tier cactuar money match." Great new format.

Top Bottom