• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison tourney featuring CACTUAR'S EXPERIMENTAL RULESET

Zicore

Smash Champion
These johns....oh lawdy these johns...

Whatever, g-dubz and zelda it is then.

Edit: Damn, seriously, they are E rank. I can't remember a time in my life where anything less then a D rank has been considered "good", or even "low".

If ya'll can't handle a couple of links, ya'll need to change to brawl.

Xtra

Smash Ace
not that i'll be participating, but i agree with what everyone said except zicore. links are TG. and RITT!

@mundungu, are you gonna be there early for some friendlies? was thinking of showing up around 1115. im only doing teams.

ORLY

Smash Master
If you're gonna do a stream, you should advertise it a little. PEEF has some hook ups for streaming, so he'd be a good person to talk to.

Alternatively, there's a streaming community on Facebook.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Yeah, I'm part of the smashbros team that Peef made on twitch. I'll also make sure to make a topic about it in the livestream melee section if I can get it going. I'll be using a desktop mic. If anyone feels like doing commentary that's fine with me.

Zicore

Smash Champion
As sad as it is, I haven't been this excited to play smash since the first Event 52, and before that since the my first HUGE tourney which was the one in IN that the Kish's hosted that Azen took like, 4th using only pikachu and Link lawl

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I'm bringing recording ****. We'll be fine. commentary as well. I'm testing this shiz out later today on twitch tv

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
how 2 strike: one person suggests a stage, other can accept or not.
if not: other person suggests a stage, first person can accept or not
repeat 2-3 times, if no stage is agreed, battlefield game 1.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
how 2 strike: one person suggests a stage, other can accept or not.
if not: other person suggests a stage, first person can accept or not
repeat 2-3 times, if no stage is agreed, battlefield game 1.
Alright, that's easier than striking one by one like you do in a normal ruleset. haha

ORLY

Smash Master
i'm sure there will be someone also looking for a teammate the day of

teams is the ti ts

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
The first match you strike from the normal neutrals (Battlefield, FD, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story, FoD for singles/Pokemon Stadium for teams).

Or you could ask if the opponent agrees to something or go random, because the gentleman's clause exists.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Sanchaz!!!!inator

I'm kind of bummed I'm missing teams, we gotta do like a DK only teams tourney during all the BS tourneys or something. Either that or DK quad MMs.

We are dangerously close to getting a DA (Dastardly Alliance) appearance at one of these. I'm thinking if Tink shows up in April, I can get DALegendarySauce and fast2 to come too.

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
InB4thisrulessetsucks.

Also, big props to Monk, Toaster and Mundungu for bringing infinite setups.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
lol

Teams was pretty awesome, but yeah, for singles this ruleset sucks. It's not even funny bad, it's just bad. We all got trolled by Cactuar.

Top Bottom