• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Madoka + Kyuubey = Braixen: General Discussion

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
She looks legit, very interested in playing her!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Personally my headcanon is that my Braixen is male. I've always preferred them to be male tbh (probably because I have a male Braixen and Delphox fan characters)

I plan on soloing Braixen in this game regardless of his viability, so either I'm a tier ***** or a low tier hero. It all depends lmfao.

Played for about 4 hours straight so far and I've gotten the hang of the basic controls and some of the training room combos. However, I'm still having trouble remembering which moves do what and figuring out how to come up with new combos of my own. It's gonna take some time, that's for sure.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Braixen was my favorite of all the 6th gen starters so I was super hyped when she was announced (even though Chandelure is easily in my top 5 favorites overall, haven't really messed with him yet).

I spent about 6 hours today grinding out the Ferrum League, still have a bit of Chroma League left to go. If anyone needs help beating Ferrum with Braixen, just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM4wxpW5WrM
(not even joking; i did that through like 3 hours worth of ferrum matches on stream)

I spent like 8 hours after that grinding out controls, moves and combos in training mode, and I'm working on a huge compendium with tons of combo variations and move information. Fun fact: Flamethrower ruins my fun because it's too efficient in combos. Also wall stun is busted, and raw Psyfirecracker can deal 221 damage. Which is 9 more than the most that Flamethrower can possibly deal. And also 220 more than the minimum amount it can deal (the first tick of damage can force a wall bounce phase shift in a long combo).

I want to make it more exhaustive than it already is (~110 lines in notepad) and I definitely haven't explored every possible combo option, so I'll be waiting a day or two to make a thread. Here's the single most damaging Duel Phase combo I've managed to find though, without any skill point investment:
In Burst Mode, with your opponent cornered and Sunny Day applied, you charge midair strong attack, then use up strong attack, flame charge, up strong attack, flame charge. It deals 323 damage (in training, which means no stat modifications; mileage may vary).

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Braixen was my favorite of all the 6th gen starters so I was super hyped when she was announced (even though Chandelure is easily in my top 5 favorites overall, haven't really messed with him yet).

I spent about 6 hours today grinding out the Ferrum League, still have a bit of Chroma League left to go. If anyone needs help beating Ferrum with Braixen, just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM4wxpW5WrM
(not even joking; i did that through like 3 hours worth of ferrum matches on stream)

I spent like 8 hours after that grinding out controls, moves and combos in training mode, and I'm working on a huge compendium with tons of combo variations and move information. Fun fact: Flamethrower ruins my fun because it's too efficient in combos. Also wall stun is busted, and raw Psyfirecracker can deal 221 damage. Which is 9 more than the most that Flamethrower can possibly deal. And also 220 more than the minimum amount it can deal (the first tick of damage can force a wall bounce phase shift in a long combo).

I want to make it more exhaustive than it already is (~110 lines in notepad) and I definitely haven't explored every possible combo option, so I'll be waiting a day or two to make a thread. Here's the single most damaging Duel Phase combo I've managed to find though, without any skill point investment:
In Burst Mode, with your opponent cornered and Sunny Day applied, you charge midair strong attack, then use up strong attack, flame charge, up strong attack, flame charge. It deals 323 damage (in training, which means no stat modifications; mileage may vary).
I want to read this so badly.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
Quick question:
Where exactly is the sweetspot for Fire Blast?
I'm assuming it's during the transition from near ball-shape to far kanji-shape, but how tight is the spacing/timing for it?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Quick question:
Where exactly is the sweetspot for Fire Blast?
I'm assuming it's during the transition from near ball-shape to far kanji-shape, but how tight is the spacing/timing for it?
When I found the spacing for it I was practicing on Magikarp Festival and with the default duel phase spacing, I had to walk to about the midline of the stage to get it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Can't believe I haven't posted here. I'm a Braixen main, (with a Shadow Mewtwo secondary). I love her playstyle. Her ability to enhance her Pokemon moves is also fun. And don't forget about that personality. I really want to learn more about her. So I'm happy to be here.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Glad I'm not the only one who struggles against Weaviles air ice-skate thing, lol.

Actually, I think I beat you once like a few days after Pokken came out. We were both Braixen, you had Whimsicott and I had Jirachi on the spooky mansion stage. I was a generic lookin' guy named Red at the time. Kinda doubt I could repeat that though.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Glad I'm not the only one who struggles against Weaviles air ice-skate thing, lol.

Actually, I think I beat you once like a few days after Pokken came out. We were both Braixen, you had Whimsicott and I had Jirachi on the spooky mansion stage. I was a generic lookin' guy named Red at the time. Kinda doubt I could repeat that though.
I definitely remember that being the match where I found out that Whimsicott didn't block forward y, LOL

Top Bottom