• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Well the mafia emerged victorious, outplaying the townsfolk wayyy too well. The last person killed by the mafia, the person killed outright by the mafia during the day, and the two mafia members are listed in that order.

CHARACTER: The Pesky ole' Potater Farmer {The Rogue Titan}, N3 Kill, Winner by personal wincon

DESCRIPTION: You, cowboy, are a shootin' potater farmer. You truly are fond of your farm, and you will do whatever it takes to protect it. Whatever it takes. Even to the point where you're overly defensive of it. However, not so many people have been buying your potaters recently. You LOVE your potaters. You have tediously cared for your potaters the whole growing season, and nobody will buy them? You have reached a moral dilemma. You don't want anybody stealing your potaters on their own will, but you still want people to have your potaters. But then, you knew exactly what to do. You would have to break into people's houses to GIVE them your potaters. And take a payment on the way out.

ALIGNMENT:

Town ???

WIN CONDITION:

You win when all remaining players have eaten your potatoes. You are not a threat to the town for the purposes of their win condition (lynch off the mafia and other threats to the town). However, you do not win with the town if this condition is met.

ABILITIES:
+ You have a fake gun.
+ Once per game, you may gift this gun to a player of your choice. They will believe that it is a real gun.

+ Every night, you gain 1 potato
+ If you possess a potato, you may select a player.
+ If the player has an item, you may take the item and replace it with a potato.
- If the player has multiple items, you will be randomly given an item. Unless you give more potatoes.
+ If you possess a potato, you may select a player.
+ You may steal however many items as you have potatoes.
+ Alternatively, you may consume a potato. It may potentially have effects of its own.
+ I will try my hardest to get the player to eat the potato.
+ Whenever another player consumes a potato, you gain 1 coin.
+ You start the game with 1 coin.

+ You may purchase an energy drink for 1 coin. An energy drink will reveal the names of all players who targeted the person who used the drink. This is a one-night use before it is consumed. These can be gifted to others, or stolen from you. Current Stock: 3

+ You may purchase an antidote for 1 coin. Antidotes prevent the user from being poisoned on the night it was used. One time use, can be gifted or stolen. Current Stock: 0

+ You may purchase an earth-calmer for 1 coin. Earth-calmers prevent an earthquake from occurring the night it was used. Additionally, only you are the only one who knows that earth-calmers let you grow two potatoes the night that you use it. Current Stock: 0

- You may only purchase 1 item a night.
- You may only use one item (or potato) a night.
- Keep in mind that all players with money will have access to this same shop.
- Keep in mind that not all game mechanics mentioned in the item descriptions are actually used.
+ More items may come into the shop eventually.

CHARACTER: Godzilla, the God of Zillow™ {Malleable Llama}, D4 Kill

DESCRIPTION: There are very few people in this world who have achieved total dominance over the uber-successful market that is known as "real estate". You, though, are one of those people, and you got to this reputable position with the help and guidance of the app Zillow™. You pride yourself on your ability to maneuver the leading real estate and rental marketplace that is dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. You have been helping customers find the home of their dreams for the last 12 years and counting, and you wonder how it was ever possible to find a brand new home as easily as it is once you discovered Zillow™'s canvas. You know the ins and outs of all of the local neighborhoods, and can answer any questions regarding houses for sale on a moment's notice with the help of Zillow™. You also get a lot of attention because you happen to be an abnormally large lizard. So I guess that's an attention grabber.

ALIGNMENT:

Town

WIN CONDITION:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Help out your faction by convincing them to lynch the mafia, thusly eliminating them from the game. Make sure that you yourself aren't killed by the mafia in the process. You won't know who the mafia is until they are lynched. Stay wary in case you lynch a townsperson.

ABILITIES:

Because you are an abnormally large lizard...
+ Once per game, you may choose one of these options.

+ You may choose a player to poison.
+ That player will die the night after you have used the poison.

OR

+ You may choose to defend yourself.
+ All players who targeted you that night will die.

Because you are a real-estate master...
+ You will be notified whenever a player enters another player's house.
+ You can decide whether you want to know who entered the house, or who's house it was.
- You cannot learn both on the same night.
- You cannot learn of house entering if you poison somebody that night.

Housekeeping abilities...
+ You are immune to being frozen.
+ You are immune to being shocked.
+ You are the only player who knows that earthquakes are not in the game.

CHARACTER: Ebic Gamer #577 {Maxin}, Winner

DESCRIPTION: heavy breathing You. Are. Ebic. Gamer. The only thing you know is that you need to destroy all of the noobs. It's your lifeblood; the flame that keeps you going all of your years. You play for long, tedious hours just to get that prestigious "Rictory Voyale". Everybody doubted you, but you vowed that you would never cease practicing until you manage to destroy all of the less skilled. You showed them. You're just too good. You're probably a Fox main if you ever played Smash Ultimate. Which you surely have. heavy breathing

ALIGNMENT:

Mafia

WIN CONDITION:

You win when the rest of the town is unable to stop the mafia from winning (i.e. killing town until there is more of you then there are of them.) Help out your faction by convincing the town to lynch other townspeople. The town do not know among themselves who belongs to what faction. Only the mafia will know who is mafia. Make sure that you don't seem suspicious and get lynched by the town in the process.

ABILITIES:

+ Once per game, you may enter "Gamer Mode" for a night
+ When you are in Gamer Mode, you will be able to redirect all abilities that target you for the night.
- I will not tell you what each ability does.
+ If there are no players that target you the night you enter Gamer Mode, you will not be able to be lynched the following day. Players may still vote for you. If you were supposed to be lynched, but are in Gamer Mode, the player with the second most votes for lynching is lynched instead of you.

+ Once a night, together with your mafia partner, you will decide on a player to physically attack.
+ If they are unprotected to attacks, they will die.

+ You have 2 coins. You gotta be able to pay for the arcade. Or do you?

+ You may purchase an energy drink for 1 coin. An energy drink will reveal the names of all players who targeted the person who used the drink. This is a one-night use before it is consumed. These can be gifted to others, or stolen from you. Current Stock: 3

+ You may purchase an antidote for 1 coin. Antidotes prevent the user from being poisoned on the night it was used. One time use, can be gifted or stolen. Current Stock: 0

+ You may purchase an earth-calmer for 1 coin. Earth-calmers prevent an earthquake from occurring the night it was used. Current Stock: 0

+ You may purchase gloves for 2 coins. Gloves prevent the user from being shocked once. Gloves last forever, or until they are shocked. Then, the gloves will be consumed. Current Stock: 2 (pairs)

+ You may purchase binoculars for 2 coins. Binoculars allow the user to view who all players targeted. Then, the binoculars will be consumed. Current Stock: 1

+ You may purchase a bat for 2 coins. If the user of the bat was targeted on the night that it was used, the user will instead attack the player who targeted them. One time use, can be gifted or stolen. Current Stock: 1

- You may only purchase 1 item a night.
- You may only use one item a night.
- Keep in mind that all players with money will have access to the same shop.
- Keep in mind that not all game mechanics mentioned in the item descriptions are actually used.
+ More items may come into the shop eventually.

There is no fakeclaim provided, and you will have to make up your own if you'd like. A fakeclaim is not required, but would probably be useful if the town wants you to talk about your role.

CHARACTER: Tampered Electric Pool Table, the Villanous Scammer {CBurst}, Winner

DESCRIPTION: You're tired of it. You understand that you were put onto this planet to serve the entertainment needs of other humans, but that doesn't help the fact that you wish they would stop for one second. You are easily the most popular attraction at the bar, which is bad news for you, beacuse that just means more billiard balls are smacked across you. You can't stand it. However, this hatred for your constant usage presented a wonderful idea. Because so many humans would insert money into you in order to get the balls for the game, you just refused to give them the balls. You start becoming richer and richer. Humans keep inserting coins, expecting an output, but you refuse them the pleasure. People began to complain about your inconsistent ball droppage, yet you always gave the balls to the manager. Thus, you stay in the bar, and the humans stay away from you, keeping their money to themselves, and leaving you at peace. But you still hold the hatred from the past in your heart.

ALIGNMENT:

Mafia

WIN CONDITION:

You win when the rest of the town is unable to stop the mafia from winning (i.e. killing town until there is more of you then there are of them.) Help out your faction by convincing the town to lynch other townspeople. The town do not know among themselves who belongs to what faction. Only the mafia will know who is mafia. Make sure that you don't seem suspicious and get lynched by the town in the process.

ABILITIES:
+ Whenever somebody gives coins to you, you immediately take all of their coins. (Passive ability; does not need to be activated)
+ Once per night, you may shock a player.
+ That player's vote will not count, and they will be unable to use any abilities that night.

+ Together with your mafia partner, you will decide on a player to attack.
+ If they are unprotected to attacks, they will die.

There is no fakeclaim provided, and you will have to make up your own if you'd like. A fakeclaim is not required, but would probably be useful if the town wants you to talk about your role.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Synopsis of the game:

Starts on Day 1. Squiggle thinks that it would be funny to lynch the moderator, so he, Maxin and CBurst place their votes on me early on. I don't object. Worldwide Hiker anonymously places a vote on Rockin-RC, and because the majority decided to lynch me, I had to give myself the "dead" role. However, Rockin still has the majority of votes besides those on me, so he dies.

Night 1:
CBurst - no action
DJ Natz - purchased 2 antidotes
Malleable - no action
Maxin - no action
squiggle - inspects Malleable. No action was given from him, so he freezes Worldwide Hiker
The Rogue Titan - purchases earth-calmer
Worldwide Hiker - no action

Mafia Target - Worldwide Hiker

Because Worldwide's durability was nullified by having a status effect, he dies.

Day 2. Malleable the day talking first, but doesn't contribute much besides general phrases about the game state. Maxin is suspicious of this behavior, but doesn't vote. Only puts bad light on Malleable. After the exchange, the game finally picks up with Squiggle openly accuses CBurst of being scum and his reasoning, and CBurst in turn accuses squiggle with slightly less reasoning besides retaliation. Squiggle then asks CBurst about whether Maxin was mafia, but then defuses this saying that there isn't that much evidence for him as of now, as Maxin appears to be protown. CBurst then tries to interpret my words on the first day when I asked the town to lynch somebody besides the mod as a way to lynch somebody who hasn't yet voted in the game, those people being Malleable and Natz. Natz only spoke D1, so CBurst goes for the defenseless Natz with some pretty solid reasoning for disappearing after the first day and leads the charge for Natz. Squiggle quickly joins the bandwagon, while Rogue Titan who was watching was skeptical of squiggle, so he placed the sole vote for him. The reasoning put out for squiggle wasn't all that great, but there really isn't anything I could do at the time. Maxin saw CBurst's vote and joined the train, sending Natz out with 3 votes for lynch, and Malleable stayed neutral once again.

At this point I felt like Malleable was playing too neutral as a town, and squiggle, who was town, was joining in on two votes for the mafia department. I still feel like CBurst and Maxin were playing too much like a power duo to the point where it might be suspicious to the town, but nobody seemed to pick up on it besides the two of them and I.

Night 2:
CBurst - shocks squiggle, switched from Malleable
Malleable Llama - defends, does not eat potato
Maxin - no action, eats potato
squiggle - inspects CBurst
The Rogue Titan - gives potato to CBurst and Maxin

Mafia Target - Malleable Llama, switched from squiggle

Maxin's intent was to kill squiggle and frame Rogue due to him targeting squiggle on a very weak basis. CBurst, however, wanted to take Malleable out of the picture, but he agreed to go along with Maxin on his plan, shocking Malleable instead. However, after disclosing their personal abilities to each other, they switched the target to Malleable and CBurst shocked squiggle. Squiggle attempted to inspect CBurst that night, however this was nullified due to being shocked. Still, because of squiggle's passive ability, squiggle gained a coin from the incident, even though no insight was gained. Malleable was playing uber safe at this point in the game and was too paranoid to not defend himself. This worked out in his favor, as he was the switched target. There was no NK this day. The game enters lylo.

Day 3. Sadly, it wasn't as active of a day as I would've liked. Nobody besides Malleable spoke on the first day, saying "Hello peeps. I realized not talking productively will probably get me dead so I’ll stop being lazy and actually talk.". So he didn't talk for the rest of the day. At this point CBurst defined his list of reasons to list squiggle, and squiggle has his list of reasons to lynch CBurst. Maxin says that "Malleable is probably the one who protected himself last night, because you're the first person to talk since, and all you said was 'wow I need to, like, not die' lmao". So he backs off of Malleable, along with everybody else who are now set on him being town. Maxin instead sets his sights on Rogue, but immediately retracts his statement when Rogue questions him about it, and votes squiggle alongside CBurst. Squiggle places his vote on CBurst in turn, and Rogue switches sides and places his vote on CBurst as well. The final vote comes down to Malleable, who is indecisive and goes through an eenie meenie miney moe spiel in our DM, deciding on squiggle. Squiggle's vote was nullified by CBurst, so the vote was 3-1 to lynch squiggle.

Night 3:
CBurst - shocks Malleable, eats potato
Malleable Llama - no action, eats potato
Maxin - enters Gamer Mode
The Rogue Titan - gives potato to Malleable

Mafia Target - The Rogue Titan, switched from Malleable Llama

CBurst and Maxin realized that the game was about to end, so they didn't really have a good idea on who to lynch, because they didn't know if there were any other gimmicks that could keep players alive (the only possible way to survive would be if CBurst and Malleable ate their potatoes, giving Rogue a total of 3 coins who would then immediately buy a trench coat to protect from attacks. This did not happen.) They decided on Rogue Titan and called it a game.

Day 4. Malleable dies and Maxin and CBurst win the game. Because both Maxin and CBurst had eaten their vegetables, The Rogue Titan effectively wins the game even though he died. Whoopee! The next game probably won't start until February something; y'all should come on down and try it out. It actually worked pretty well if a few of the members didn't get super inactive (or solely lurked). What can you do about that though...

Okay, but I need to know, how was it? What was super OP? What was really bad? Keep in mind that there was 8 players and I wanted to stretch the game out longer than what it needed to be, giving players easy ways to get immunities, as well as people able to disable abilities and defend being more common. I also gave a bunch of false positive effects, such as the 5 coin bulletproof vests, which protect against being shot (not in the game, the only gun didn't work. Sadly, the gun was never distributed, which sucks tbh...) The mafia ended up being better players than the town, but there was a lot of Maxin buddying with CBurst's moves that may have caused alarm. CBurst ended up probably being the MVP in my opinion, but even his offense taken when squiggle accused him may have put people off. Squiggle played a good game in every sense besides getting the right reads on people. He agreed with the mafia when they said that the inactive people were suspicious, and didn't rally enough support against CBurst in time. Malleable wasn't too productive, Rogue started out unproductive, and Rockin-RC quit right before he was lynched. So there are still things to fix. Also let me know if these type of discord games sound interesting at all.

Last edited:

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
It more or less falls in line with the thought process of "if everything's broken, then maybe everyone is balanced."

But there should be some kind of battle of attrition; if everyone just dies by the beginning of the second phase, then it's obviously silly.
hey those kinds of games can be amazing too if you know its going to happen ahead of time and have a game setup to go fast.

It's why sometimes I'd run 1 hp vanilla ricochets and watch the carnage.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
On occasion I am up for “sudden death”-type games. I don’t find them as appealing since it’s pretty much a coin flip (and thus not very “competitive”) but still a good time can be had.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My current game is close to done now, so this might be a good time for whoever is next in line here to start taking sign-ups.

Assuming anyone is actually ready to go and we're still paying any attention to the queue, I guess.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh yeah btw I forgot to announce that 2Pick Mafia has been cancelled, because I was drawn more towards...

(SSBU) SPIRITS MAFIA (IF IT WASN'T OBVIOUS WHAT "SPIRITS" REFERRED TO)

I never actually responded here because I'm kinda in the middle of some yucky ricochet business, but Spirits Mafia is very close to completion.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay so I messed up, and I had a ricochet mindset and now each mafia player has three lives (being three spirits) instead of a one and done, so now I kind of need to redo development.

I was going to run a test round of Spirits Mafia, but it didn't go to plan because I didn't have enough participants to run it (only 7, needed 9-10). Instead, I settled to play a generic game because people DID sign up. Still, I was never able to test this game of mafia where people have more than one hitpoint. Does anybody here not want to play and wants to check out some of the stuff I have right now?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I’m thinking of just removing the queue. Just have a list of ready games and eventual games for ones people are still working on.

That way we don’t wait 4 months for one person to finish a game that they said was ready when others are. I’d just like to be mentioned here when you when you plan to start. This’ll probably start after Shish’s game is done.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My two cents:

I think the queue is great. Queues provide order and stability; multiple games don't get hosted at the same time when there is a queue in place (thus not spreading players thin), and it gives everyone a fair shot at hosting while giving other hosts time to come up with other games. You also don't get the weird politics of players having to choose one game or another when two hosts really want to host. Of course, it doesn't necessarily have to be "rigid" as someone I know once put it, but I think it brings the community closer together.

Also, I think one of the main reasons DGames became barren years ago in the first place was directly as a result of getting rid of the queue. Not necessarily "throwing shade" at the people who decided to get rid of the queue or the philosophy behind doing so, but I really do genuinely feel that way about it.

That said, I do not mind being the one to keep the queue updated if that is your preference, praline praline . Or, if someone else would like to volunteer, that's fine by me as well (assuming we decide to keep the queue...which we should!).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m running the topic so I’ll keep the queue updated. It was just a thought.

I mostly made the post to throw shade at someone, :troll:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I’m running the topic so I’ll keep the queue updated. It was just a thought.

I mostly made the post to throw shade at someone, :troll:
Shhhhhh!!! Don't throw me under the bus LOL

I'm just a college student. Naturally that comes with living off of ramen cups and procrastinating, right? I'm doing great at those!!!

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I’m thinking of just removing the queue. Just have a list of ready games and eventual games for ones people are still working on.

That way we don’t wait 4 months for one person to finish a game that they said was ready when others are. I’d just like to be mentioned here when you when you plan to start. This’ll probably start after Shish’s game is done.
I think this is a better solution, for one.

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
Since when was there a Bard fan club :troll:
Hey I was part of it, and then I died.

And then pokechu gave me an olive branch if I joined their fanclub, and then I died again.

The point of this story is Phantasma is actually an accurate name for me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’m pro-queue when it is busy but tbh I think it’s ok to throw up games with just who is ready to host.

I got fire and lightning 3 ready if people are ok with me hosting that.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Pro-queue when there’s a smaller group to not spread players thin.

Big group = no queue since most games probably can’t fit everyone at that point anyway

Am I making sense or am I on crazy pills, if it’s the latter then just ignore me

Edit: oooh you mean like if there’s just a ton of people looking to host vs. a small amount of people trying to host. Yeah I mean if host movement is slow then I agree to just let whatever’s ready go ahead

But yeah honestly I’m up for whatever peeps want to do at this point upon glancing at it a bit longer, if y’all want to dismember the queue and ignore it I won’t stand in the way

RIP queue :(

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
the queue lives..... I shall enforce this decision with an iron-fist

any opposition will be BANNED :smirk:

hahahaha kidding of course, you'll only get an infraction!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Pro-queue when there’s a smaller group to not spread players thin.

Big group = no queue since most games probably can’t fit everyone at that point anyway

Am I making sense or am I on crazy pills, if it’s the latter then just ignore me

Edit: oooh you mean like if there’s just a ton of people looking to host vs. a small amount of people trying to host. Yeah I mean if host movement is slow then I agree to just let whatever’s ready go ahead

But yeah honestly I’m up for whatever peeps want to do at this point upon glancing at it a bit longer, if y’all want to dismember the queue and ignore it I won’t stand in the way

RIP queue :(
Sorry meant limited hosts from that lol.

I’ll put a thread up tonight for fire and lightning 3 unless someone objects.

D

Deleted member

Scumzilla: Unleashed needs to be taken off the queue and replaced with something else.
A theme I won't reveal (except one of youse already knows it, but whatever) until I have all the ideas ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom