• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magic Stronghold I

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I have discussed this with the venue owner. I got the sense that he would PREFER that EVERYONE who is coming pays a venue fee. HOWEVER, he did not outright state that in any way whatsoever. I'm going to talk to him tonight and see if we can work something out for those that are coming, but not entering any melee events. HOWEVER, EVERYONE should be prepared to pay the $5 venue fee, regardless of whether they are entering melee events or not. Since the venue is specifically being booked FOR OUR MELEE TOURNAMENT FOR THAT DAY, it would not seem unreasonable to me at all, to be charging $5 a head to everyone who walks through the door, magic players and employees aside.

I won't have a definite answer about it until tomorrow, so just everyone come with the $5 venue fee and there won't be a problem either way.

EDIT: Manuel, bring the Marth. Please embarrass me. :)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Oh yah! ****! thanks yakal.

Also, I'm bringing a female friend to help with registration ;) her name is Kiwi. She's coo. And is gunna make the name tags for you guys. She will even draw little doodles and draw your name pretty much however you like.

I was thinking on the top half of the name tag we could have peoples real name, and the bottom half, their gamer tag. Also, pins? or lanyards?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I would say anyone who comes in SHOULD pay venue fee. I think it's just courtesy for the venue hosts. As well, it can encourage people to join the melee tournament-- they already paid the venue fee so they might as well get the full package of fun!

:phone:

Clouderz

Smash Ace
i might come if i grow a **** and actually bus there myself

gotta drink more with adam LOL
2good

Bwmat

Smash Ace
wait, how old is clouderz.

isn't he like 14?

adam corrupting children, lol

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
naw

everyone should drink and get high when they are kids, or else they'll do it later when they have responsbilities ****ing up their lives. common sense people

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Or, it'll be a gateway to a permanent lifestyle of screwing up responsibilities. Common sense, people!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Oh yah! ****! thanks yakal.

Also, I'm bringing a female friend to help with registration ;) her name is Kiwi. She's coo. And is gunna make the name tags for you guys. She will even draw little doodles and draw your name pretty much however you like.

I was thinking on the top half of the name tag we could have peoples real name, and the bottom half, their gamer tag. Also, pins? or lanyards?
Sounds cool! Don't get my name all incorrectly capitalized, I hate that lol.

I agree with manuel. ALL SHALL PAY! $.$

It'll look really good on us (the melee community) and the host will be more than likely to let us hold smash tournaments in the future.
This. The venue is awesome, the guys are cool people, and they let us play for free almost any night. I think $5 a person is the least we can do.

naw

everyone should drink and get high when they are kids, or else they'll do it later when they have responsbilities ****ing up their lives. common sense people
I'm on life 24/7.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Roby could you bring my controller to the tournament? you borrowed it from me a while back and I haven't seen it since
i've had a couple of smashfests i lost my disc and memory card to (no idea how), plus some controllers. I only have a ****ty black and purple one

Metà

Smash Master
i've had a couple of smashfests i lost my disc and memory card to (no idea how), plus some controllers. I only have a ****ty black and purple one
what the hell roby

you took my controller without my permission in the first place, and now you can't find it? this is really annoying, because that was one of 3 good controllers that i own, one of which is now in adam's possession (probably meeting the same end as the other one did)

and mike, i sincerely hope you're kidding. I just found your RF switch and I'm bringing it to the tournament.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
what the hell roby

you took my controller without my permission in the first place, and now you can't find it? this is really annoying, because that was one of 3 good controllers that i own, one of which is now in adam's possession (probably meeting the same end as the other one did)

and mike, i sincerely hope you're kidding. I just found your RF switch and I'm bringing it to the tournament.
i didnt take **** i left my silver one at your house and got your silver one instead by accident :c

money match?

Top Bottom