• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mah0ne's Stuff about Puff

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Why'd you want the sour hit? And, if not weird, you're certainly really inventive.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
I wanted him above me using a move that wouldn't knock back much (he was obviously at sweetspot upsmash kill % when I inteded to hit the sour spot). I wanted to trade an aerial or beat him from below outright if he didn't shake out of tumble. All my throws feel pretty useless against Jiggs unless she's at really low (still sort of useless especially in this context) or really high % (meaning: will die from f-throw or will get knocked away far enough to double team her partner.); plus it was doubles, so in the end, I just thought of a way to get a kill off an unfavorable situation for both of us.

This is in no way meant to say I know the trajectory and knockback distance of sourspot upsmash at any % on Jiggs lol...just thought it might work.

Granted I could have just FC n-air'd out of shield too...but again, I wanted the extra damage and a better position to hit the strong move to K.O. Also I have a bad history of trading n-air with jigg's upsmash against idea...so inner fear might have lead me to this conclusion hahaha. The dash attack was unexpected so I probably figured I'd get out of shield too slow.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
So DI marth's dthrow down all the time? I don't think I do this. I tend to di toward him at low percents (to take the smash and avoid the tipper) and away at mid/high percents (to avoid a followup smash all together).....

its like last year all over again :awesome:
Is that silentswag in your avatar?? lolol

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
yeah thats silent f@g
oh my.

And yeah Im working on the marth mu right now. Things that seem to be screwing me over:
1. Getting too impatient with that wall of fairs, sometimes I go for a bair even though I know they can fair >.<
2. His random fsmashes, especially wd back fsmash
3. His dthrow to fsmash near the ledge (early % death)
4. His random dairs offstage or near the ledge.

Massive

Smash Champion
And yeah Im working on the marth mu right now. Things that seem to be screwing me over:
1. Getting too impatient with that wall of fairs, sometimes I go for a bair even though I know they can fair >.<
Don't do that.
2. His random fsmashes, especially wd back fsmash
Marth has a lot of lag after an fsmash, you want to bait him into doing it and then close the gap quickly and punish it. You should be airborne.
3. His dthrow to fsmash near the ledge (early % death)
If they seem to tipper you all the time with fthrow or dthrow fsmash, start DIing towards marth instead of away. You will eat a non-tippered fsmash but it won't kill you until >100%. Just be careful doing this on Fthrow, because they can regrab if they're expecting it (dthrow too if you DI down).
4. His random dairs offstage or near the ledge.
Don't go for the ledge. You can fly, just go back onto the stage.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Could you guys critique this, http://twitch.tv/habulous/b/306204880 , starting at 1:25:45 and ending at 1:35:00? It's my second tournament, but there was so much snow and attendance was so low that it kinda turned into a casual smashfest instead. I was playing against SwiftBass, and didn't do so great, but advice is appreciated. Thanks.

idea

Smash Master
marth is so annoying...i'm convinced he can tipper you regardless of DI at certain percents (after wavedashing if you DI down and away).

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Could you guys critique this, http://twitch.tv/habulous/b/306204880 , starting at 1:25:45 and ending at 1:35:00? It's my second tournament, but there was so much snow and attendance was so low that it kinda turned into a casual smashfest instead. I was playing against SwiftBass, and didn't do so great, but advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Good stuff! I felt like you coulda grabbed marth more in match 1.

Tekk

Smash Lord
1) No, you can't.

2) Good marths won't fsmash you if it isn't safe; that is to say after a grab/at tipper distance.
Bad marths, however, will veryyyyy often try to fsmash you when they're near the ledge, and you're grabbing it. A simple ledgedash shield => wavedash grab/rest Oos if you're close enough will do.

Massive

Smash Champion
You would've won the marth match if you hadn't missed that utilt>rest (and SD'd), most likely. There wasn't much I could comment on with the way you were playing, I think it was mostly spacing issues that were allowing him to get in and do stuff to you. Always watch out for dancing sword (it's a free utilt), and ALWAYS take the ledge vs Marth (which you mostly seemed to do). Try to make most of your tactics geared towards knocking/throwing him off the stage. Marth is very much a scared little kitten when there's no ground below him.

The second match with falco had one major thing that eeked me. You seem to be in the habit of trying to shieldgrab falco. BREAK THIS HABIT RIGHT NOW.
This falco was obviously a bit sloppy, so he was vulnerable to it. A good falco will almost never be shieldgrab-able. If you are in the habit of doing this on falcos (or spacies, for that matter) when one comes along who has the l-cancel timing down, it will ruin your day.

Also, nair is a fantastic ledgeguard vs spacies. A nair to stop an illusion recovery or foxfire recovery followed by a bair or fair should be considered one of jiggs' bread and butter tactics.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
someone should tell me how to **** ic's. lost to the same ic's player in pools at my last two tourneys.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
someone should tell me how to **** ic's. lost to the same ic's player in pools at my last two tourneys.
Be in the air a lot and try to mix up your movement patterns. Bait an aerial and hit them when they miss.

When you need to land, land away from them.

Upsmash is nice to use to edgeguard against the fB recovery.

Don't try to cross them up by jumping over them because their fsmash ***** that.

DONT GET GRABBED!

Massive

Smash Champion
mahone...how do you beat marth as jiggs. i got 4 stocked by austin
If it's AustinRC we're talking about, ask him about the time(s) I beat his marth with Kirby (HWAHAHAHAHA).
He is a beastly Marth, I'd argue as good as M2K if he had the consistency (he chokes about as badly as I do in tourney).

For the most part it's just a spacing game with him. DI towards him out of throw, but do not DI down, and eat the Fsmash. If you DI down he will regrab you. He has perfected fthrow/dthrow > wavedash > Fsmash, he will never miss it if you DI away.

He will also try to bait you with dancing sword to utilt, be ready for it. He has a tendency to wavedash back > fsmash an awful lot, which is exploitable. Dash attacks are what I would go for since marth is vulnerable to them. He does fsmash an awful lot though, many of them are punishable with a well placed rest if you're fancy.

He also used to be a jiggs main, so he knows many of our tricks.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Yeah I'm bad at the whole playing friendlies thing =/

Entered too many tournaments that weekend D:

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
man trolling is hard when people take your questions seriously..nah austin is Redd a fox player we know

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Top Bottom