• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mah0ne's Stuff about Puff

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
I'm too scared to venture far outside the puff boards. Nah Foxlisk, my name's bieber because I look like him, and the VU **** so that's my avatar

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
Lovin' KirbyKaze's avatar. Having problems restin' lil' ole sheik and i'm super bad at that mu literally get hit by everything. Mainly dthrow->fair/uair/bair/upb/taunt/dwnb/etc. I've heard from a little birdie that sheik is mad easy to rest and combo but it seems i'm in need of a tad bit of help.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
People say crouch alot. That seems to work, cause you can rest their dash attack/grab if you do and they seem pretty easy to edge guard cause you can just give 'em one good bair off stage and grab the ledge. If they succesfully make it back you can jump up and rest them, if not...they're dead cause they can't grab the ledge.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I guess I'll have to ask on skype later but since the OP needs to be updated a bit..what should I counter pick against Peach if DL is banned? She's floaty so I feel FoD would give her an advantage as much as it would for me so I might as well go BF since she'll kill me off the sides more often than the top. Also should I ban PS or YS? I feel like PS helps no one so YS is the answer cause I'd still die quickly from an f-smash or something.

MacD

Banned via Administration
FD and PS both good for puff

puff has an easier time killing up and peach needs platforms to get around on puff

if anything dreamland is better for the person with the better DI. if both are even, i'd say peach has the advantage since she has the projectile and kills earlier than puff normally, and space is nice for peach

it's also kinda personal preference, do you like the small stages vs peach? i'm assuming puff would like things like yoshi's more, less space = more pressure from puff. also WoP OP and you can die at like 20 if you get caught in that BS on yoshi's.

i personally just hate BF with a passion so i can never really say much about that stage

idea

Smash Master
yeah i would want to pick yoshi's, peach is the one who will randomly die early from an fsmash :p

by the way, intentionally trading fsmash with peach's aerials is good.

MacD

Banned via Administration
so crush, after you gave me that idea, i'm really tempted to now end up in random threads after they post about bieber, hopefully to end all the hate!!!

seems like it'd be soooooo hilarious

KrIsP!

Smash Champion

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Lovin' KirbyKaze's avatar. Having problems restin' lil' ole sheik and i'm super bad at that mu literally get hit by everything. Mainly dthrow->fair/uair/bair/upb/taunt/dwnb/etc. I've heard from a little birdie that sheik is mad easy to rest and combo but it seems i'm in need of a tad bit of help.
Grab is countered by crouch and then you get to f-smash or rest her.

idea

Smash Master
some other good ones...to edgeguard her, grab the edge, force her to up-b onstage, then rest her. anytime you can land uptilt, rest after that. also dthrow her in the middle of a stage with platforms at low percent and you can usually rest her no matter what she does, if you're fast enough. either follow her on the platform and rest, or if she DIs to go above your head, jump up there and do it.

also you should crouch as a reaction to what she does, not just hold crouch and hope it works out, y'know? that just gives her time to position herself and throw needles at you. crouch when you think she might be coming in to grab you, or to crouch cancel her ftilt, stuff like that.

as for that thing with zelda...yeah, that's really it lol. you literally hold down then press B once it pulls you in.

GrazzaB

Smash Rookie
Question about playing against falcon. I played against this one guy at my school and he just ***** with knees to the face and 2/3 stocked me.

So I just wondering what the best way to DI on his d-throws was, because I tried a bunch but couldnt find something that would keep me safe most of the time. Also, should I stay on the ground more and just WD around until he opens something up, because I felt like everytime I jumped I got kneed. Thanks

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to sweet spot with a dj? She seems to puff her hurtbox pretty high compared to her ledgegrab range. Also, does sing help at all here, or is that only used to stall with invincibility like Fox's upB?

Question about playing against falcon. I played against this one guy at my school and he just ***** with knees to the face and 2/3 stocked me.

So I just wondering what the best way to DI on his d-throws was, because I tried a bunch but couldnt find something that would keep me safe most of the time. Also, should I stay on the ground more and just WD around until he opens something up, because I felt like everytime I jumped I got kneed. Thanks
That's how I feel when I go Marth vs Falcon lol. I think dthrow -> knee is usually guaranteed so I dunno. It's probably best to not get grabbed (you can crouch his grab). The others can give better advice though.

idea

Smash Master

1. don't get grabbed. falcon cannot grab you AT ALL if you are crouching. his dthrow combos into stuff on jigglypuff so getting hit after a throw is mostly not your fault. (just DI whichever way you think they aren't expecting)
2. yeah, you already figured it out, stay on the ground more than normal. falcon wants you to be floating up high so he can hurl himself through the air and backflip at you and such. short hop bair to float back isn't that bad, because that doesn't put you so high up.

Is it possible to sweet spot with a dj? She seems to puff her hurtbox pretty high compared to her ledgegrab range. Also, does sing help at all here, or is that only used to stall with invincibility like Fox's upB?

That's how I feel when I go Marth vs Falcon lol. I think dthrow -> knee is usually guaranteed so I dunno. It's probably best to not get grabbed (you can crouch his grab). The others can give better advice though.
i don't have any frame data or anything, but sing edgehog definitely feels like it sweetspots better. if you jump from below the edge and rise while singing it tends to leave you less vulnerable than only jumping. but be careful 'cause if they grab the edge really fast you'll just fall to your death.

the biggest difference between jiggs vs. marth and jiggs vs. falcon is that vs. marth you should shield a lot and vs. falcon you should shield almost never. the other biggest difference is that you can and often should approach falcon (carefully).

jiggs refreshes her invincibility too slowly, you shouldn't do it very often, they'll eventually just walk up and dsmash you or something.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Cool. Also, does drill -> grab ever combo or is it just to beat whatever they try to do after hitstun (other than buffer spot dodge or shine I guess)?

idea

Smash Master
yeah it combos. it's just awkward to l-cancel the dair.

i mean, i'm pretty sure it combos, in all cases. i'd want to test it vs. a fox who is mashing shine the whole time to be sure. in any case if you see them flip over a bit from the last hit you're definitely safe.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
If the dair flip them, and you L-cancel it, dair combos into many things including rest and grab.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
cool. what characters flip most is what i want to ask..then i realize that getting this with my secondary jiggs is a far lower concern than learning general aerial use and spacing, so i guess it doesn't matter..

but it's still cool

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
cool. what characters flip most is what i want to ask..then i realize that getting this with my secondary jiggs is a far lower concern than learning general aerial use and spacing, so i guess it doesn't matter..

but it's still cool
Yeah, does anyone know what determines flipping and which characters flip more?
All I really know about the dair is that it ***** falcon with hitstun.
Sometimes I just jump over my opponents and spam it like 4 times just because most people don't know what to do at first and I stop doing it before they learn, lol

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
All characters flip iirc. In general they flip if you land the dair right at their ankles. The spacing differs a little between characters.

They all flip onto you but some characters flip weirdly and you actually have to wait a bit for their hurtbox to land on you.

There's videos and threads going over all this that I would link if I weren't on my phone.

:phone:

:phone:

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
How do fastfall-char mainers DI out of a Uthrow -> Rest? I've seen a lot of people beat my friend by slightly DI'ing after his Uthrow, but i've understood how.

Top Bottom