• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Main Playing Style?

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Do you like to always approcah in the air
or maybe u grab ?
The reason i ask is because me and my friend play Lucario vs Lucario alot and he always seems to win
Although to me it seems we play alike he says that our styles our different.
He likes to go in from grabs alot while i like to go for Dairs.
I duno any Helpful tips on Approaching and Ariel game would help please

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Try just charging a AS first.
If your friend goes to grab you, fire the AS, then run up dash or f-tilt.

And if you are going with Aerial approaches, instead of Dair, use Fair, its hitbox is much longer so less room for error. Plus if you continue with the fair, when you land hit A and you'll fair. So something like Fair+F-tilt/Fair+F-tilt.
Running then the Jab sequence is a great way to start because you can go 1 of 3 ways.
Jab+jab+grab
Jab+jab+FP
Jab+jab+jab

His grabs and be spot dodged and punished easily too.
-t2

Timbers

check me out
My personal playstyle greatly varies depending on opponent to opponent. Characters that can take advantage of my aerial game, I'll almost always let them approach (MK comes to mind..) Lucario dittos, the Lucarios I play are generally still pretty BAS spammy (mind you this is on wifi) and so I usually approach to stop any sort of camping. Just know that Luc's grab range is pretty trashy. If he thrives on them, just know more often than not you can shut that option down with an ftilt or aurasphere.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Extremely aggressive, fast paced, I maintain in the air more than 75% of the time. Use only smash attacks to KO, DI's into attacks (sue me -_-), likes to grab, uses "mindgamez" alot, isn't lured by opponents mindgames because i don't have one, uses character related "AT's" aswell asgeneral "AT's", talks a lot of ****, and likes short walks on the beach. To sum it up, I like playing fast, thinking on the spot,wreck less, stupid, and for fun.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I personaly play fast paced with lots of grabbing.
But I like to switch it up. If a AS can get the kill better then a smash, so be it.
-t2

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Utilt may not be as strong as ftilt but it can combo into itself, racking up damage faster then ftilt does =P

Personally I like the air, but I also like my smashes. As much as people like to say our smashes are laggy and punishable, I find that most of my smashes go unpunished anyway. Then again maybe it's because I have trouble doing tilts and that's why I like my smashes =S

The playstyle I use depends on the character I'm facing. Mario, the spacies, Ike, Gannon all have issues getting back to the stage when kicked off, so I play a bit more aggressively till I get them there. Other characters like Sonic or Pika I tend to be a bit more defensive.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
F-tilt can also combo into itself at low percents. F-tilt, walk forward and f-tilt to catch them until they get out.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
my playstyle depends on my mood, sometimes i try to CG/grab people left right and center, sometimes im an all-out attacker, always staying in my opponents face and not giving them a chance to attack,
other times im a DT happy air comboer.
vs other Lucario is my weakness... idk how to fight myself... LOL

Nodrak

Smash Ace
It's not camping unless you pitch a tent! =P
btw iMeeHow do you change the animated part of your sig a lot? I could have sworn it was a Lucario animation a minute ago.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if you go against good players. Spacing will be the entire match and camping. Being an offensive lucario is only appropriate for a few matchups.

So depending on who I'm facing. I'm either using F-air or B-air for spacing then F-smashing upon landing. Then Aura Sphering at good distances.

F-smash should be used ALOT.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
my playstyle depends on my mood, sometimes i try to CG/grab people left right and center, sometimes im an all-out attacker, always staying in my opponents face and not giving them a chance to attack,
other times im a DT happy air comboer.
vs other Lucario is my weakness... idk how to fight myself... LOL
your just like Me D: I H8 luc dittos Esp. if the other lucario is Camping T_T
I'm a mix up person myself. change a lot during match. and my favorite thing though
with Lucario is to jump backwards and work from there.so many options:
pseudo forward and get a forward boost
pseudo backwards and get a forward boost and charge a sphere in there face/get behind them
just charge and fall back
DI back and Fair-Nair or just Nair
or as I get to ground DT,Force palm,or Aura sphere <3

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
i think u should go bak to using marth
Annoying troll is annoying.

Anyway...I usually fight in the middle, but I'll go aggressive if it's against someone that's easy to combo, or switch to defense on someone campy or projectile heavy.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Honestly, if you go against good players. Spacing will be the entire match and camping. Being an offensive lucario is only appropriate for a few matchups.

So depending on who I'm facing. I'm either using F-air or B-air for spacing then F-smashing upon landing. Then Aura Sphering at good distances.

F-smash should be used ALOT.
Keep a very close eye on the enemy's damage! If you use your F-smash when they're just below kill range (like 80-110), then it'll be decayed when you need it! Decay=noticeably less knocback =(

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
I used to be a ground Lucario, lots of dodges and rolls and tilts and smashes. But now I've discovered his aerial game, and now I just hang out around the edges and go for gimp-kills, usually via fair chains, ledgehogged bairs, or dair stage spikes. It's very high risk, high reward style play.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
my offensive game is mostly aerial, don't really like the slow ground smashes except for dsmash, particularly on slow dodging characters.
the idea with me is: in the ground: camp a little with AS and let the opponent aproach himself, then dodge and punish (preferably lauching the opponent upwards) mostly with grabbing attacks. in the air it's fair to nair (stylish!!) or fair to AS (murderous) or simply dair him off the stage.
I overabuse Luc's quick recover from a dash grab.

Xaile

Smash Cadet
I play a very campy Lucario, making them approach me with Aura Spheres. Most people will jump and try to land on your character with an aerial attack, which is easy to either shield or roll away from (with Lucario's amazing roll). Even better, they're ever going to land somewhere that wont hit you, you can abuse the frames of landing lag before they can put their shield up with an AS or a F-Smash (Yay for Nessbounder's thread on lingering hitboxes!)

If I catch them in the air (which is pretty common, since most people will jump out of Aura Sphere line of file), I'll usually try to string F-Airs to N-Airs, F-Air's to D-Air's, F-Air's to AS, or even F-Airs to more F-Airs, depending on the scenario. I don't grab nearly as much as a should, but when I do, It's mostly for the quick grab-attack to reset diminishing returns.

My style is very flawed though. :( Since I use AS and F-Smash so much for camping and spacing, it's usually pretty diminished by the time they're at a kill percentage (then I usually go for a grab for grab-attacks to reset it). Sometimes use D-Smash or B-Air as a kill if the opportunity presents itself.

Another flaw in my style is whenever I go against characters that outcamp me (R.O.B., *shudder*). Since my style is mostly campy, I don't practice my approach options nearly as much as I should, so characters like R.O.B. give me a hard time (also those with reflect/absorb/buckets, but mostly R.O.B.).

Red Hawk One

Smash Apprentice
We are currently not at liberty to divulge that in
Most people I face (this is on With Anyone, mind you, the lag's not that bad after midnight:tired:) seem to have trouble with airial games, so I tend to stick to the sky. Its usually pretty easy to get in a fair-fair/nair or dair, or u-tilt/uair juggle people (on wifi). On the ground, I like moves that start with a "F" a little too much.
Of course, this is just on wifi. Real people (and no lag) calls for more spacing and edgegames.

Gelsamel

Smash Cadet
I'd say I'm fairly aggressive, but my play style fluctuates... though always from extremes to the others. Usually I'm aggressive but every now and then I'll suddenly become campy.

Coming from maining Marth in Melee I am always SHfair or SHnairing and I tend to do similar arial combos as with Marth in Melee.

Top Bottom